Load DataTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackboxWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: alox

Boolit Buddy

alox

I just started using this for 9mm lube and have a question. Lubed sized to .358 then lubed again. I have fired 40rds so far and no leading. My question is how many rds before i know that i am using enough alox to keep from leading up my barrel.
    Last edited by krallstar; 01-30-2015 at 12:43 PM.

If you are still lead free at 100 rounds, the variables of boolit fit and Alox application have been achieved. I used more Alox than needed the first few batches that were lubed. Less is really more with Alox. Just my thoughts, good question.

Boolit Master

I now use Ben's Red but never had a problem with 45/45 10 with exception antimony wash with some of the 30 cal loads I used.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Boolit Buddy
    Haven't gotten out in a bit. Lotsa snow here. Hopefully this will surfice my needs.

Boolit Buddy
    Got out this morning and went thru a box of 50. Almost 100 thru now using Alox. No signs off leading but do have a question. I was keeping them all in a 3" @ 35FT Question is about accuracy. I think i get a tighter group with bull plate green pan lube. The group is fine as far as hitting what i aim at. Will be fine for action shooting, but was wondering if any else notice a little difference in accuracy over pan lube. And if so can i do anything to the alox to make a better lube.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by krallstar View Post
    Got out this morning and went thru a box of 50. Almost 100 thru now using Alox. No signs off leading but do have a question. I was keeping them all in a 3" @ 35FT Question is about accuracy. I think i get a tighter group with bull plate green pan lube. The group is fine as far as hitting what i aim at. Will be fine for action shooting, but was wondering if any else notice a little difference in accuracy over pan lube. And if so can i do anything to the alox to make a better lube.
    Yes, have you looked at this ?

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-L-Liquid-Lube

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Need more info here. What kind of boolit, powder charge, and gun are you using? I find LLA is a great lube when the shank of the boolit is dipped in it and then allowed to air dry. Tumble lubing is messy and inconsistent for me. I'm actually thinking about going to exclusively dip lube with alox for all my boolits. So far neither my Lyman 450 or pan lubing have proven themselves to save any time or aggravation or produce better results. Bullet designer and casting expert Ranch Dog exclusively dip lubes all his boolits and he pushes them much harder and with higher expectations than I do.

Are you sure that all the other variables were the same when using Bullplate lube? Even primers, brass and seating depth can make a big difference. I can tell you unequivocally that I am the biggest variable in my own shooting!
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Grand Master
    my opinion if after the first 40 fired and no leading you have a winner
    no need to make any changes or make it harder than you have to
    I use alox (White Label)in several different applications
    two I can think of are my 54 cal with REAL'S and my 12 ga slug gun
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often