WidenersLoad DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackbox
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Pistol Powder

Boolit Master

Pistol Powder

Got a little excited today. My LGS called and said the 1# of W231 I have been waiting for was there! It was good news to hear some pistol powder showed up AND they kept me on the list all those months!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Bub

That is great news! I am seeing powder on the shelf, but I have not been able to find any Trail Boss lately.
    "Blessed are those who, in the face of death, focus on the front sight" ~Col. Jeff Cooper~

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JB Weld View Post
    That is great news! I am seeing powder on the shelf, but I have not been able to find any Trail Boss lately.
    That's the next one down on the list for my LGS, a 5#er
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Buddy

My LGS called me last week, they had set aside 2lbs is Bullseye and 2 lbs of Power Pistol for me. I had waited about 3 months for it although I had been in the store every week during that time. Still no Unique tho. I haven't seen any on the shelf in over a year.

JD

I check in at a a number of web sites about three or four times a day. I saw 231 available, and I would have bought a case of 8lb'ers but they only had 4 lb'ers. I saw the 231 available on their site and i just got a case of 4 - 4lb'ers of 231 and spit it with a friend. That gives me 16 lbs of 231 in stock now. ( I guess you could call me a hoarder but I load in quantity) That should go a loooooooooooooong way.
    I need to cast now to be ready for loading later next winter. I used up most of my 231 loading 38, 9mm, 380 and 357 last winter. Looking forward to shooting it all up this spring summer and fall.
    Powder is around here and there. You just need to become obsessive about checking web sites.
    I use 231 in all my standard loads (9mm, 380, 38, 357, 44 and 45) and shoot them from submachineguns and handguns. Nice to finally have some powder in inventory.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Buddy
    I picked up a couple of pounds of 231 a couple of weeks ago. I sat up so fast in the chair when I saw it on their facebook page my wife thought I was hurt. It was at my local gun shop that was nice enough to set it back for me until I could get in there.

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

I'm one of those guys that you won't have to worry about grabbing it before you get to it. I've got plenty, probably enough to last through the next hard time. Enjoy....
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Down South View Post
    I'm one of those guys that you won't have to worry about grabbing it before you get to it. I've got plenty, probably enough to last through the next hard time. Enjoy....
    Hoping I'll be able to say the same next time.

PV gets their stock showing typically between 11 am and 1 pm eastern time for me, and if you don't jump on it quick it's gone. I logged on 1 morning about 11 and they had just about a full line of Alliant, I checked on a couple other manufacturers powder and by the time I got back to their Alliant page the choices were diminishing , I missed the 2400 so I quickly put reddot and unique in my cart and checked out and got back to the page and it was all gone. Although I got enough unique and Rd to last for several years I still haven't found any 8#'s of 2400. You've got to be quick, and watching mid morning until early afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Down South View Post
    One of the lessons about shooting full auto is that you buy in LARGE quantities. Ususally double what you need immediately. With this new shortage, you buy it even if you don't need it right away.
    If that makes me a hoarder, then so be it.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.