Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad Data
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackboxTitan Reloading
Wideners RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please give me a few kind thoughts if you have a moment.........

Boolit Master

Alturas, California...where the west still lives!

Please give me a few kind thoughts if you have a moment.........

Most of you don't actually know me.....I'm 65 and just another member on this forum who enjoys casting and shooting, but I'd like to ask for some kind thoughts and maybe a prayer or two.

For well over four years I've been suffering with a medical condition....spinal stenosis.....wherein my spinal cord is slowly being squeezed by the vertibrae in my spine. It's gotten to the point where shooting has become only a fond memory and just walking to the bathroom was agony. I finally had enough of the pain and sought the help of a surgeon about six months ago. We had surgery scheduled and as luck would have it there was a foul up with Medicare and I was unable to get it done until everything got straightened out. That finally happened and I'm going in next Tuesday, thank God.

The procedure is routine these days and the surgeon can "pretty much guarantee" relief afterwards, but I'm more nervous than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. However if it will let me resume my life and enjoy my family and hobbies again......it's worth it. Getting older is not for the squeamish.

You said it "Thank God." Prayers will be said for you and the Doctor doing the proceedure.
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does,he needs it very badly!" Sir Winston Churchill

Boolit Master

Good luck to you, Sir. I hope to hear from you that you're back on the range soon.

Boolit Master
    I can sympathize with your condition, not from my experience but from my brother's. He told me that he can hardly walk to the mail box. I will pray for you and your surgeon. If I ever make it up your way I will stop in and say hello. God bless and good luck.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Banned

Praying for a great result. I am well aware of you Brother as I always noticed you were in Alturas. If you have to live in this State, that is a great place to be

Boolit Master
    I'm so happy it's a near routine surgery and that your just that close to getting it done!!! Thank god it's so close it can be tasted.

Haha ha long tailed cat In a room full of rocking chairs I love it!

Boolit Grand Master

You will be included in my daily prayers.
    Have faith and keep a positive outlook, it helps.
    Gary

Good luck and god bless

Boolit Master

Thoughts and prayers sent your way. Here in the Granola state we need all our shooters healthy and ready to battle Sacramento.
    Remember the Law of Probability - The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Banned

I will say prayers for your fast recovery.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3006guns View Post
    Most of you don't actually know me.....I'm 65 and just another member on this forum who enjoys casting and shooting, but I'd like to ask for some kind thoughts and maybe a prayer or two.

For well over four years I've been suffering with a medical condition....spinal stenosis.....wherein my spinal cord is slowly being squeezed by the vertibrae in my spine. It's gotten to the point where shooting has become only a fond memory and just walking to the bathroom was agony. I finally had enough of the pain and sought the help of a surgeon about six months ago. We had surgery scheduled and as luck would have it there was a foul up with Medicare and I was unable to get it done until everything got straightened out. That finally happened and I'm going in next Tuesday, thank God.

The procedure is routine these days and the surgeon can "pretty much guarantee" relief afterwards, but I'm more nervous than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. However if it will let me resume my life and enjoy my family and hobbies again......it's worth it. Getting older is not for the squeamish.

Boolit Master
    Sincere Prayers for Faith, Relief, Healing, Skill, and Mercy.

Boolit Master

Alturas, California...where the west still lives!
    Thanks folks...........knew I could count on fellow shooters.

By the way, the surgeon is a gun owner also if I remember correctly.

Boolit Bub
    I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis last week and have an appointment with the neuro surgeon on the eleventh of February. Prayers to you for a good outcome. Let us/me how it turns out.

Boolit Master

Prayers for you and your surgeon. May the Good Lord hold you both in the palm of His hand and bless the outcome in Jesus's name
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master

Prayer sent, wish you a full and speedy recovery.
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Boolit Master

Prayers and best wishes for you Sir. My brother (64) had a similar surgery a few months ago, He said he had almost instant relief. I hope your surgery goes as well.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Buddy
    Prayers to you sir ... agony will be relieved and you'll be out shooting again.

Prayers said for you, your family, and your doctor...
    Bo
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not"
    Thomas Jefferson

In Remembrance

I feel your pain and am praying for your sucessful relief. I have been mostly in bed since mid November with compressed discs in lower and middle back plus stenosis in my neck. May the Lord bless us both.

Perma-Banned

Prayer sent for a successful procedure and recovery.

Also, be encouraged as this is generally very good at providing relief from those symptoms that you are having.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast