RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load DataLee Precision
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lyman 429303

Quote Originally Posted by Echd View Post
    How odd that someone would think to hollowpoint that mold.

I believe the 429303 may be back in production- I think I have seen some listings with the modern style orange box.

I have a 35893, 429303, and a plain base NOE that is similar to the 429303. All are good, accurate bullets that punch very clean holes.
    While talking to the son that I bought this stuff from, he said his dad was a tool and die maker. He probably did this as much "I bet I can" do this kind of thing.

I have to get some Evaporust later today, all the molds have a very slight bit of surface rust. Clean them up and see how they cast.

Boolit Grand Master

Hah! When you said it was hollow pointed I had visions of maybe a small HP pin so still pointy like but with relatively small HP. To me that would make sense if you wanted a few for hunting (or self defense). With a malleable alloy that pointy nose should open up reasonably easily... except I guess it would take a lot of expansion to be as large or larger than the boolit.

That HP pin is so big it really makes the boolit more of a SWC profile. How big/deep is the HP cavity? Weight of the HP boolit?

I was thinking about getting in on the NOE group buy when they made their version of this boolit but since my only .44 mag is a Marlin with tube mag, well... not a good design for tube mag! One chambered and one in the mag maybe.

Longbow

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12