Lee PrecisionWidenersTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Load DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: A personal and business update

Boolit Master

A personal and business update

Just wanted to share what is going on in my life. I've adapted really well to my prosthetic lower leg. I put it on in the morning and take it off at night and really don't notice it most of the time. I was walking w/o a cane or anything for a couple of weeks but hurt my lower back right before Christmas so I had to go back to using a walker. I pinched a nerve that made my good leg go numb and my knee would just fold up on me. The pain is mostly gone now and I am walking short distances without any assistance as leg gets stronger and the numbness fades. I'll get an opinion from my doctor in another couple of weeks but so far so good.

On the business side things are getting real exciting. I converted my sole proprietorship business to a Chapter S corporation. I am now majority stockholder in BigFoot Technical Services Inc. My wife and my apprentice are also stockholders. We are also the corporate officers.

My apprentice kept my business going when I wasn't able to, and giving him ownership is both a reward for that and an incentive. I have no doubts that he would do just as good a job without this, he is a man of good morals and character. Which is why I have no problem giving him some stock. Truthfully, I have never wanted to start a business with anyone else, but something feels good about this whole thing. (He and his wife were over for supper last Saturday for my 61st birthday - she is a sweet and very bright woman and has no problems with him throwing in with me.)

I have been working with my banker to get corporate account set up and borrow enough money to buy a Haas TM1-P CNC mill. He thinks I will have a bank draft to give to my Haas rep next Monday, and my rep says he can have a mill delivered in about two weeks. I am working with a handyman to make some changes to the shop - we have to cut away part of four trusses and reinforce them, and remove the garage door. A commercial service that does garage doors (we use them for our mini storage facility) is going to install a rollup type door, the door I have now that is on tracks just won't work.

Got all my federal stuff done, and I'm waiting to get my State tax stuff sent to me. I will have to charge sales tax on Indiana purchases but I won't have to pay sales tax for most business purchases.

I am going to hire a commercial service to do payroll and make all the proper tax payments so I can concentrate on what I do best.

My son is helping me get a website set up. He works for a site development company and is really good at what he does, and he understands what I'm doing and the image I want to convey so I think that will come out fine.

I'm blown away to think that I could have a CNC mill in my shop by the middle of February. The first thing I'm planning to run is some Lyman-sized die retention nut drivers.

A year ago I was in pain, had two holes in my foot, and was attached to a wound vac. I made a decision to do what it took to get better. My life works a lot better when I take charge and make decisions, even tough ones. I know that we can't control what happens to us sometimes, but when we can we need to man up and make the best decisions we can. I decided that instead of living forever on disability (guaranteed income and few risks) and sucking on the sympathy bottle I'm going to stand tall and fulfill my dreams of owning my own shop. I may fail, but it won't be from not trying.

By the way, I don't consider myself handicapped, my brain still works just fine.

Boolit Master

Good news; glad you are vetting back into fighting form! Wish you mountains of success in your business, being the number 2 in a small.family business I know how much work thought and sacrifice goes into it all! Best wishes from my family to yours!!!!

Perma-Banned

Good for you. Great to here that you are managing well and planning for a productive future.

GOD bless you and your family...and the business endeavor.

Boolit Master
    Congratulations on your business model and more so your spirit. I pray your business will be a huge success.

Boolit Master

Sir that sounds like some great news,
    Julie and I are happy to get the up-date and to know that things are looking up for you.

We wish you the best of good fortune in your new expanded venture and may your health issues continue to improve.

Thank you for the UP-date and may God bless you and your family

Sam & Julie
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

Boolit Master

As always it sounds like you are way ahead of the game, congrats!!!
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Boolit Master

Glad to hear it, Keith!

Good luck, and godspeed...
    "When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan

Moderator Emeritus

Sounds great! Congratulations and hope everything works out great.

Boolit Grand Master
    Great news Keith. I wish everyone looked at what is possible rather than focus on what isn't.

You are an inspiration to all of us.
    You will learn far more at the casting, loading, and shooting bench than you ever will at a computer bench.

Boolit Master
    "I know that we can't control what happens to us sometimes, but when we can we need to man up and make the best decisions we can. I decided that instead of living forever on disability (guaranteed income and few risks) and sucking on the sympathy bottle I'm going to stand tall and fulfill my dreams of owning my own shop. I may fail, but it won't be from not trying.

By the way, I don't consider myself handicapped, my brain still works just fine."

You sir are an exception to the rule, a true inspiration. I truly wish there were more folks with your attitude in this old world. If there were we would all be better off because of it. I pray that you are richly blessed in you new endeavor and the quantity of business is more than you can imagine.

Moderator Emeritus

Great news and I am jealous, always wanted a little hobby cnc mill to play with. My body is broken and beat up but like you I refuse to give in. My brain works fine and I can still sit and work on graphics for the laser engraver!

Boolit Master

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear of your progress both physically and on the business front.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Master
    Good luck, Keith and admire your pertinacity.
    "The trick is to stop thinking of it as 'your' money" (Tax Auditor)

Life is not waiting for the storm to subside, life is about learning to dance in the rain.

Boolit Buddy

That's great news Keith. You've been through a lot, but the worst is behind. Good luck. CR

Moderator Emeritus

Ditto's on all the above comments !
    And wishing you the Best !
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Perma-Banned

Good to hear Keith, I love the corporation name.

Frosted Boolits

Best of luck to you sir!!!!
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

In Remembrance

This is very exciting news indeed! Glad to hear things are going well.Robert

Good news. I wish only the best for you!
    PJ
    NRA Benefactor Member

Boolit Master

That is great news! I'll be doing my part down the road to help your business be a success. I suspect I'll have to get in line.
    John
    W.TN

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast