Inline FabricationWidenersSnyders JerkyLee Precision
RotoMetals2RepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A personal and business update

Boolit Grand Master

Great news for sure. Best of luck in everything.

Boolit Buddy

Great news. Hope you have a healthy, happy and a prosperious new year for you and your business.

Boolit Master
    Best wishes for your health and your newly formed corporation.
    If you are unwilling to defend even your own lives, then you are like mice trying to 'negotiate' with owls. You regard their ways as 'wrong', they regard you as dinner. John Farnam

Boolit Master

Sounds like you have a great doable plan. Look forward to doing more business with you in the near future. Good luck

gmsharps

Boolit Master

I sure have appreciated you sharing the often difficult journey you have been on the last year or so and it is music to the ears to now here the clouds have given way to sunshine!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master

Keith,

That's all great news. I'm glad things are going so well.

When you get your site set up be sure to let us have a link.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Boolit Master

Awesome news Keith!!!!
    Every shot you get in life counts

Boolit Grand Master

Keith, Your determination to meet adversity with a can do attitude, is an inspiration, to us all. I expect your new business to be the model, for many to copy.
    Congrats, and keep on, "getting er done".

Boolit Grand Master

Great news Keith! Put me on the list for one of those Lyman nut drivers if it is, as I think, for the 450/4500 nut.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    Great news Keith! Put me on the list for one of those Lyman nut drivers if it is, as I think, for the 450/4500 nut.

Me, three!
    Nut drivers, of course!

Absolutely awesome news on your recovery and future endeavors!

Boolit Master

Thanks for all the good will everyone has shown me while I have been through this period of my life.

Wayne - yes, it is designed to make it easy and almost goof proof to remove the die retention nut from Lyman 450/4500 lubers. Here is a link to an old post when I first offered them.

http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/...d.php?t=136890

Before I got sick I had run a batch of them. The next to last step is to cut the hex opening in the end. (The last step is to glue in the ceramic magnet.) This is best done on a CNC mill, which I had access to after hours at work. I made 1/3 of the batch into 7/8" (Lyman size) drivers, 1/3 into 15/16" (RCBS) drivers, and I left 1/3 of them uncut, figuring that I would make more of the best selling item when needed. Turns out the Lyman size far outsold the RCBS size. By the time I was ready to cut more Lyman size drivers I was off work and now am on disability with no more access to the machines at the University.

I have lots of plans for utilizing my new resource once it is in place. I'd like to make more lead head hammers as a site benefit, and I have several new products in mind that I prefer not to discuss at this stage of development. I also have a couple of projects that I'm working on with an internet-based vendor to make some of their products. They have been buying their products from an "overseas" source. Believe it or not, we can meet or beat their price and deliver the product quicker and with better quality.

Imagine, I'm reverse engineering their products and taking away some of their business! Sweet!

I will definitely post a sign up list for the wrenches when the machine is up and working. Same for the lead head hammers. Right now we are trying to finish making a couple of the pieces needed to satisfy the folks that signed up for one of my push through sizer sets.

As soon as I get my website up I will put link in my sig line.

Once again thanks to all for your support. It is appreciated.

Boolit Master

I have one of the Lyman wrenches. It would be well worth the $ at twice what I paid.

I find it is more useful starting the nut than removing it. I have always had trouble with those extra fine threads.
    John
    W.TN

You're on the right track, perfessor. Once you get the Haas up'n'running you'll wonder how you managed without a CNC mill for so long. Don't hesitate to ask if you get get stuck or something. Also, I have written several small macro programs for some of the more mundane tasks. If you are interested just let me know.
    Cap'n Morgan

Boolit Master

Wonderful news Kieth! I was wondering how you were doing, praying all the while.

I too have one of your lyman luber nut wrenches, it's so easy to use and I no longer have to worry that I would cross thread the threads, destroying the whole luber. I was also in on one of the first run of the push-through dies, the one that got the black anodized finish. I use it all the time for sizing powder coated boolits. I have a lot more Lyman dies than I do the lee's, and they're in sizes that lee doesn't make. If anybody wants to post size an already lubed boolit to a smaller size, or size a pan lubed boolit, these dies are worth every penny. OR in my case sizing powder coated boolits after they have their purty colored finish!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

“At the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat”--Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master
    Keith,

I'm glad to hear that things are coming along well for you. Good Luck to you!

Dave
    Psalm 18: 28-49
    Psalm 144: 1-8

Boolit Master

The die retention nut is the weakest feature of the Lyman 450/4500 lubers. The larger, coarser thread nut on the RCBS unit makes them less susceptible to cross threading. It also accounts for the significant difference in sales of the two nut driver sizes.

Boolit Grand Master

Good to hear the news, Keith. You are an inspiration for all of us who
    will having health issues now or in the future.

Best wishes.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Great news Kieth. I know that lots of prayers have been lifted in your name. Thank the Good Lord and keep up the work and good attitude. Handicaps are just life's little hill challenges--no hill for a stepper.
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does,he needs it very badly!" Sir Winston Churchill

Boolit Master
    Keith,

You're the man! Maybe I can come down and visit your shop next deer season when I return home to Indiana...I'll probably bring my "adopted son"... a hunting buddy and friend that I have helped on hunting & gun related projects... latest is paper patching bullets for muzzleloader... one of your push thru kits would be great for him... he lives in Texas, but comes back to the family farm near Versailles.

It is comforting to know that a man with your skill, integrity and positive thinking will maintain a business that most of us into reloading or casting can look to for quality products at fair prices.... You will do great!

themoose
    Perhaps my learning skills have diminished in my senior years.. 50 years ago I could read something once and then "have it"... Now I read it about three times, do it a couple of times and then... "have it" only about half the time.

For sure will get you to make some stuff for me.Once you get tooled up give us All A Shout.I'm glad things have moved forward no retreat.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast