Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionWideners
Load DataRotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: please post your pan fried pork chop recipes

please post your pan fried pork chop recipes

I am looking to improve my pan fried pork chops and would like to know how others coak their chops.

BB

Boolit Grand Master

This is the way my wife does it. She's from New Orleans, La. and for some reason it's referred to as:
    PANE'ED PORK CHOPS
    Ingredients:

4 or 5 pork chops, thin cut, bone-in or boneless
    1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
    1 Egg
    1/4 inch of vegetable oil in a very hot skillet
    Seasoned bread crumbs. In New Orleans that means Progresso Italian Style Bread Crumbs

Directions: Heat oil over med-high heat. Beat the egg and mustard together with a pinch of salt and pepper. Season both sides of the chops lightly with garlic powder. Put bread crumbs on a plate, dip chops in egg wash and dredge chops in crumbs, set aside until oil is good and hot, just as it starts to smoke a little . Fry each side until a nice golden brown. If chops are thick cut one open to make sure it's cooked through. Drain well and serve.

Gary
    Actually this method works well for chicken and beef. Thin cuts, or pounded thin makes for some good eating. For Mardi Gras we pound round steak thin, panee small pieces and fix a sandwich on French bread....TASTY

Boolit Master

I use yellow mustard as part of my fried chicken marinade.

For pork chops, its about the flavor of the pork. Tony's and a little black pepper directly on the meat and then dredge in flour.

A little oil (or if you are adventurous and not worried about your arteries, bacon grease) heated and then fry on each side until done.

Use the grease and some of the left over dredge flour to make gravy.

Custom Cast Boolits Google Search

The Learning Never Stops!

where rocks are shot at & milk jugs, too...
    Pork chops from hogs I raised when I had a Jersey cow were awesome! I used surplus milk with ground corn to feed them, I'd sear them then cover & bake them with my homemade apple sauce mixed with brown gravy. Tenderloins in an oven bag with Granny Smith apples & Vidalia onions baked in an oven bag were #1 though.
    “Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."

Winston S. Churchill

This is how I make mine. I know it's not exactly what you are looking for, but I felt compelled to share my favorite breading.

I hammer them down to 1/4" with a meat tenderizer mallet. I have tried this breading on thick chops too. Great on chicken breast as well.

Breaded pork chops

10 oz andys red fish batter
    15 oz plain bread crumbs
    1 T Lawrys
    2 t garlic powder
    1 t ground black pepper

Dip tenderized chop in mixture of
    2 eggs
    1/2 cup milk

coat in breading and repeat both steps.

Fry in cast iron skillet with 1/2" veg oil.
    If grasshoppers carried .45's the birds wouldnt mess with them.

Moderator Emeritus

I go simple, salt, pepper, flour, little bacon fat or lard, fry...

Vendor Sponsor

My first wife didn't teach me much, and she didn't leave many lasting good memories, but this one happens to defy the first two parts of this comment. She used basil and cinnamon and it WORKS GREAT! I added curry powder to it. No salt, no pepper, just basil, cinnamon, and curry powder. Not heaped on either, just a decent sprinkling.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master

I sous vide (water oven) thick cut pork chops at 140F for a few hours. Then I heat veg oil with a couple of tbs of unsalted butter in a cast iron skillet to medium high to high heat until smoking hot. Add the pork chops and fry for 2 minutes turning every 15 seconds. Once they come off give them a shot of salt and pepper and serve.

You can just about cut them with a fork.

Perma-Banned

here is how I make mine. I put them in a hot pan with garlic salt, olive oil, paprika and black pepper. I sear them on both sides and then dump enough water in to cover them and a bag of onion gravy mix. I let it come to a light boil then turn it to simmer and let it sit for about 5 hours the chops come up great with a nice thick gravy with little work.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by SciFiJim View Post
    I use yellow mustard as part of my fried chicken marinade.

For pork chops, its about the flavor of the pork. Tony's and a little black pepper directly on the meat and then dredge in flour.

A little oil (or if you are adventurous and not worried about your arteries, bacon grease) heated and then fry on each side until done.

Use the grease and some of the left over dredge flour to make gravy.
    When I'm cooking them , SciFiJim's method is the one I use, make a nice brown gravy, slip the chops back in to simmer while I make rice. Pork chops, rice and gravy oh yeah! Gravy rules.
    Gary

Thanks for the replies/recipes, I can't wait to try all of these. My dogs are happy too as I will use the pan drippings to make them gravey, my mutts are a about wee bit spoiled.

BB

Boolit Master
    Bone in or boneless
    brown in pan with seasoning of your choice. Pullout chops ad a can of cream of mushroom or what ever you like along with a can of milk, stir till blended. Put chops back in and simmer till rice is done.
    I like gravy so I use cream of mushroom, celery and onion + 3 cans of milk.

Moderator Emeritus

Gravy is a food group in my house.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Gravy is a food group in my house.
    Yes ma'am, it comes in many tasty varieties too. Brown, white, sausage, bacon........
    If grasshoppers carried .45's the birds wouldnt mess with them.

Boolit Grand Master

If you want them tender do not sear them. Simply set them in a cool cast iron pan and put in whatever flavoring you want. Turn the heat to medium low and cook them covered for about 20 minutes (thick cut). A favorite is Orange Marmelade and 44 Orange Liquor. Another is apples/onions and apple brandy. Wine is a good additive as is most any fruit. Savory spices go well. The options are almost endless.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

I prefer boneless pork chops / pork loin...

Season with Tony Chachere's seasoned salt.
    Use a meat tenderizer mallet, stopping before you turn them into some sort of connected ground pork product...
    Beat an egg in a bowl.
    Crumble saltine crackers in another bowl.
    Dip the pork in the beaten egg, then in the saltine crackers, and then into the fry pan. I prefer to deep fry, but you can pan fry also.

Serve with a bottle of ketchup.

Also works with beef...

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    If you want them tender do not sear them. Simply set them in a cool cast iron pan and put in whatever flavoring you want. Turn the heat to medium low and cook them covered for about 20 minutes (thick cut). A favorite is Orange Marmelade and 44 Orange Liquor. Another is apples/onions and apple brandy. Wine is a good additive as is most any fruit. Savory spices go well. The options are almost endless.
    Not saying its the best way but I have always seared to lock in the juices. I will give this a try. It sounds great!!! Thanks

Had to look up 44 Orange liquor http://www.instructables.com/id/44-O...iqueur-Recipe/
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 01-27-2015 at 01:57 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

[QUOTE=bikerbeans;3108951]Thanks for the replies/recipes, I can't wait to try all of these. My dogs are happy too as I will use the pan drippings to make them gravey, my mutts are a about wee bit spoiled.

BB[/QUOTE:
    BB...Don't give all the gravy to the dogs, make a pot of rice ( us cajuns are rice people), or cook up some egg noodles and serve that gravy over the rice/noodles. Rice and gravy is a food group around here, try it you will like it!
    Gary

Boolit Master
    No matter what seasoning you can't beat cast iron with cast iron lid in the oven.

Moderator Emeritus

Just pan fried some loin chops(bone in). Little bacon fat, heavy coat of my beef rub, seared both sides then turned the heat down and covered with foil until they reached 145 internal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast