Load DataRepackboxWidenersLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Quarter Arizona Shoot Date - at Joe Foss Range (West Valley off I-85)

2nd Quarter Arizona Shoot Date - at Joe Foss Range (West Valley off I-85)

I'm looking for a few Committed Shooters
    Next shoot April 11th 8:30 am at Joe Foss Range.
    Targets up too 200 yards (yes, they can be closer)

Cast Boolits NOT required just bring what you got ammo for.

Check your Calendar and put your confirmation below
    As Always comments welcome.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

by the way I'm thinking 3rd Quarter (summer aka July) I'm planning either Flagstaff or Payson
    please note any preference on that in you response.
    je suis charlie

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Banned

Buckeye is within striking distance. Mohave Sportsman Club works as well for future reference. Either way a five hour one way deal well worth it.

Hope to make it for the next go round at Joe Foss.
    Last edited by jmort; 01-25-2015 at 12:01 AM.

Joe Foss Range
    Address: 26700 West Buckeye Hills Drive,
    Buckeye, AZ 85326

West on I-10 to 85
    South on 85 to Buckeye Hills Drive
    then down their drive way

From Tucson
    North on 10 to 8
    West on 8 to 85
    North on 85 to Buckeye Hills Drive
    then down their drive way

https://www.google.com/maps/place/General+Joe+Foss+Shooting+Complex/@33.2056784,-112.6553085,10z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x80d4cd3d6d933c61:0x97810c2c20eb0

• Range Hours

Winter Hours
      October 3rd to April 30th
      Friday......8 am - 2 pm
      Saturday..8 am - 2 pm
      Sunday....8 am - 2 pm

Summer Hours
      May 1st to October 2nd
      Friday......7 am - 1 pm
      Saturday..7 am - 1 pm
      Sunday....7 am - 1 pm
    • Daily Public Fee

Adults $7.00
      Active Military $5.00
      Active Law Enforcement $5.00
      Under 18 - FREE

The Ensign John C. Butler range (aka main range) has 40 covered tables with target distances up to 200yds.

The Medal of Honor range (aka training range) has 40 covered tables with target distances up to 50yds

• Trap & Skeet Fee

$7.00 per round General Public
      $6.00 per round Youth, Active Military and BSC Members
    • Payment Options

At this time payment by cash or check only

Men, women and children of all ages and all experience levels are welcome.
      Trained Range Safety Officers are on the firing line at all times.

Eye and ear protection is required while on the range.

Rifles, handguns, and shotguns using slugs are allowed on the range. However, no .50 BMG, and no buckshot or birdshot is allowed.

RANGE SAFETY RULES:
      1. All firearms must be cased or holstered prior to entering the range.
      2. Shooters and observers are required to wear hearing protection and eye protection at all times, beyond the designated area, during live fire periods*.
      3. Removing firearms from a case or holster can only be done at the shooting bench with muzzles pointed down-range and only during live fire periods.
      4. Firearms are not to be handled during a cease fire period** for any reason.
      5. Uncased rifles placed in a rifle rack must be unloaded with magazines clear or removed and actions open.
      6. Live fire is permitted when safe conditions exist and only when directed by the Tower over the loudspeaker and the flashing red light is turned off.
      7. Muzzles must always be pointed down range, directed at the backstop while on the shooting bench.
      8. Firearms must be kept unloaded until you are ready to shoot.
      9. During a cease fire period, shooters are to stay behind the yellow safety line unless picking up brass or downrange checking targets.
      10. During live fire periods shooters are to stay behind the red firing line.
      11. Carrying firearms between shooting benches must be carried, unloaded, with the muzzles pointed up and actions open.
      12. Discharging your firearm is to be directed into the earthen backstop only.
      13. Persons who have been consuming alcohol or are under the influence of drugs are prohibited from shooting. Alcohol and illegal drugs are prohibited on all ranges at the Joe Foss Shooting Complex.
      14. Following these rules while using the range is mandatory. Violators may be asked to correct unsafe shooting activities and may be asked leave the facility if not in compliance, and may also be subject to criminal and/or civil sanctions.
      15. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT SAFETY IS EVERYONE’S RESPONSIBITY. EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT SHOOTING AND YOU SEE AN UNSAFE ACT, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO REPORT IT TO A RANGE OFFICER.

live fire periods
      * – are periods when shooters may fire downrange as directed by the Tower and the red light has been turned off.

cease fire period
      ** -are periods when shooters may not handle firearms and the flashing red light is on.
    je suis charlie

Boolit Buddy

As it gets closer I'll know one way or the other. I went powder searching today since couldn't make the shoot. Yipee I finally found the R22, I need. Negative on the 165 Nosler Accubonds though and no Berger's either Got a Caldwell bag rest for kids too. So going to have them test that out tomorrow at J Jones.

FYI, if Payson happens in July, I volunteer my place afterward if any wants to kick back, hang out, chat and realx afterwards before their drive home.. Enjoy some dogs, brats and hillbilly potoates from the grill. We have a big back shaded (covered)patio and seating not under patio too. We are not that far from the range. Kids welcome too.
    Last edited by Dhammer; 01-25-2015 at 01:23 AM.

I'll throw my vote to Payson in 3rd Qtr 'cuz someone is willing to cook for me

Yes I can be bribed

But What is/are hillbilly potoates from the grill?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhammer
    Only the best way to eat potatoes, . Slice up potatoes, lay on aluminum foil, include some bacon and plenty of butter (I have been adding a little olive oil too the last fee years) wrap top in foil, toss on grill. When its done load up with cheese, watch it melt and enjoy. If one likes onions can put them on in the beginning too. I have never had anyone not eat several helpings and thats including people who say they don't care for potoates.
    Last edited by Artful; 01-25-2015 at 03:39 PM.
    je suis charlie

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhammer View Post
    As it gets closer I'll know one way or the other. I went powder searching today since couldn't make the shoot. Yipee I finally found the R22, I need. Negative on the 165 Nosler Accubonds though and no Berger's either Got a Caldwell bag rest for kids too. So going to have them test that out tomorrow at J Jones.

FYI, if Payson happens in July, I volunteer my place afterward if any wants to kick back, hang out, chat and realx afterwards before their drive home.. Enjoy some dogs, brats and hillbilly potoates from the grill. We have a big back shaded (covered)patio and seating not under patio too. We are not that far from the range. Kids welcome too.
    To hec with the boolits........LET'S EAT!!!!!!!!

I'll take that as another vote for Payson in July
    je suis charlie

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    U R correct, sir.

banger

Boolit Buddy

I told mama today about us doing something afterward. (If Payson wins out) Kids are welcome, I have an 8 and very soon to be 7 year old. Their tree house should be done by then too. I just need to get the walls up. The making them extra sturdy is giving me fits. The floor I got figured out, made a ladder with angled steps using my router, trap doors, but framing the sides is turning into an uggg I have never built a tree house before. They have a little Polaris ATV too. So plenty to keep kids entertained. I am crossing my fingers mama won't have to travel that weekend. Knowing her, she will want to make some appetizers n such, not just let me grill. She has some serious talent with food. Me, my expertise is the Hillbilly Potatoes, and smoking ribs(summer sausage, smokies, deer snack sticks and deer jerky too).

Despite me not being able to make it the last 2 times. I do really get out and shoot or at least get to the range I should say. The last few times it has been all mama and kids getting the action. But today, I got some good range time. I am feeling it and that pain feels good for a change. But, we shall see if I still feel that way in a few hours about the added pain.

Also, if anyone has a chrono and a good rest(sled type) if they could bring it and let me borrow them for part of day, I would appreciate it. I am going to start working up hunting loads over the next few weeks for my 30.06's A very early Rem BDL and a Bar. I don't have either, and will be awhile before I can afford them. With my spine injury, while I plan on packing in, getting way out there and way away from the crowds during hunting season. I know my stalking up super close, low crawl a thousand yard days are long long past. So, I am switching to reach out and touch them mode. I want the most accurate and of course the rounds to be pushing it so they still have max knock down power at my max range. Thanks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10917966_10205766775149750_6193355340167635571_o-6.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	128520

Although I can't commit until right before each time, I might make two suggestions/requests.

1) Move the April meeting until after National "Pull Your Pants Down" Day (aka: Tax Day).

2) My kids and wife are visiting my in-laws until July 11th, so my vote would be for after that in July.

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieDave007 View Post
    Although I can't commit until right before each time, I might make two suggestions/requests.

1) Move the April meeting until after National "Pull Your Pants Down" Day (aka: Tax Day).

2) My kids and wife are visiting my in-laws until July 11th, so my vote would be for after that in July.
    Easter is the 5th of April - that didn't go well last year.
    - 11th is open
    - 18th is another appleseed project
    - 25th is reserved for women's instruction

I'll see what we can do in July for ya.
    je suis charlie

I understand and I don't think April will be a big issue but thought I would point it out. Also, the Appleseed program was on the other range yesterday.

Thanks for organizing this stuff Artful.

Boolit Master

I'll be there...

(And annealed GC's this AM...)
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Buddy

Thanks to Artful. I have a Chrono on loan so won't need one for July shoot. I'll be done well before then. Found Berger and Nosler Heaven today. So found the 165's I haven't been able to locate. One more trip and I'll have every bullet and powder I wanted to test. (Starting to think, hmm do I need to include some cast?, darn u Castbollits!!!!!) Hopefully I'll be able to start loading my first bacthes in the next few days. A big thanks again for meeting me last minute and loan of the Chrono. Amazing group of people on this forum. Can't wait to meet more more at range outgoing.
    Last edited by Dhammer; 01-26-2015 at 06:02 PM.

not trying to hijack but adair range here in yuma has a 1k yd range thats free if anyones interested...

Quote Originally Posted by danthman114 View Post
    not trying to hijack but adair range here in yuma has a 1k yd range thats free if anyones interested...
    Thank you for pointing that out danthman - what kind of facilities do they have?

think I may have found it
    http://www.yumamatchmasters.com/adair_range.html

map
    http://www.yumamatchmasters.com/pdf/AdairRangeMap.pdf
    http://www.spragues.com/wheretoshoot.html
    Adair Ranges, Inc.
    adairmap

This PUBLIC outdoor range facility is located approx. 15-miles NE of Yuma on Hwy 95 (16th st.) Turn off about 3/4 mile past Gila River bridge to the west.

(928) 726-0022 (Sprague's Sports, Inc)

Pistol Range
    Archery
    Big Bore (1,000 yds.)
    Small Bore
    Trap and Skeet
    Police Combat (*Law Enforcement Only)
    Silhouette range
    Camping Area
    Black Powder Range
    Recreational Complex Rules

Public Hours: Open seven days a week.

Juniors under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult.

Firing is permitted only on the designated ranges. Discharge of a firearm in any other location on this range shall be a violation of Rules and the violator shall be immediately evicted.

Drinking of intoxicating liquor is prohibited on the firing area; and handling or firing of weapons by intoxicated person is prohibited. The judgment of the Range Master shall be final as to the competence of any person to handle weapons or fire weapons on this range.

Persons or organizations desiring to use a specific range for a tournament shall forward a written request for permission to use said range at least thirty days before date of use. The request shall contain complete and accurate information as to time, area, facilities needed, estimated attendance, and other details to Adair Ranges, Inc.

Adair Ranges, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation, comprised of the Yuma Area Shooting and Recreation Clubs, who operate and maintain these ranges for all to safely enjoy. RANGE RULES WILL STRICTLY BE ADHERED TO.

Ongoing Schedules Of Events

Yuma Territorial Long Rifles - Shoot on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month.

Yuma Matchmasters shoot IPSC 2nd Sunday of month. Contact Ron Gissendaner 726-0022

Yuma Matchmasters shoot SASS cowboy action 4th Sunday of month

Yuma Matchmasters shoot a Steel Challenge match 1st Saturday of month.
    Contact Tag Bender 726-8000.

SW Bowhunters Archery Club shoot each Sunday 9M

Yuma Rifle & Pistol Club shoot DCM matches and long range big bore.
    Contact Paul Lerma 783-6766 for schedule

Cholla Gun Club shoots a variety of silhouette matches and others too.
    Contact Glenda Graves 314-1029
    some video's of people shooting in Yuma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5Q6GqHl1rg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFnfb18s0m4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMZAKRkSLUo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRwo2xJ8e2g
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7LV1Uf2nGc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msFxqNFNpn8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs0CfY6wbOM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iC4gxwiwnc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwZ0RH-0cq0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dgyws5PcGQM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7uyKGQL_FU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB4_H1UCf_s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6CIYxNcUZo
    Last edited by Artful; 01-27-2015 at 12:11 PM.
    je suis charlie

Lol that's my video.

I know
    - you can only put one video per thread entry
    - I found a bunch but you got top billing.
    je suis charlie

i forgot that was on there. i dont use that channel anymore...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast