RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWideners
Titan ReloadingLoad DataLee PrecisionRepackbox
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky

Thread: Curse followed me again.........

Boolit Master

Curse followed me again.........

Cursed again! I'm in Kuwait (after leaving Afghanistan last month) and went on the range to fire some recoilless rifles and Javaline anti tank guided missiles yesterday. While inspecting my firing lane for the Carl Gustav 84mm recoilless rifle, I shouted. Wasn't oil I found, was that dang blessed casters curse, a lost wheel weight . They think I'm crazy as I pocketed the lost critter and muttered about taking it 2000 miles home to the pot! I already mailed home the ones I found in Afghanistan.

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Irag: 91,03,04,05,06,08,09',15', 16',22-23'
    Afghanistan: 09,10,11',14',17'-21'

Banned

I remember the post about finding one in Afghanistan. Apparently you found a few. Time to start a new collection. That is some firing range you get to use.

Boolit Buddy
    At least you got something good out of the 'Stan...and Ill bet whoever xrayed the package looked sideways at it for a second. I'd see all the junkyards, dumps & trash heaps and wonder how much I'd find if we could go scrounging for lead over there. Stay safe and come home soon, brother.

Boolit Master

CD, God's blessing and protection on you for a safe return home!

I read your sig line and your duty to our country, you Sir, are a great American!
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master

Thanks guys, here's the Carl G. Wheel weight was found there at the firing point. There were some camels 500m out below a rise. They came running out!

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Banned

CG, isn't that the one that is supposed to have reduced back blast to be able to fire inside a building?

Boolit Master

There is one or two new rounds with that capability, course the Army hasn't bought any.

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Boolit Bub
    The illum rounds are the worst to shoot out of the Carl G, head hurts just thinking about it... lol

CD,

legion?

Boolit Master

Retired now but spent 16 years on and off with them. Left Astan working with 3rd Herd and came back down here to be with the 5th.

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Combat Diver View Post
    Cursed again! I'm in Kuwait (after leaving Afghanistan last month) and went on the range to fire some recoilless rifles and Javaline anti tank guided missiles yesterday. While inspecting my firing lane for the Carl Gustav 84mm recoilless rifle, I shouted. Wasn't oil I found, was that dang blessed casters curse, a lost wheel weight . They think I'm crazy as I pocketed the lost critter and muttered about taking it 2000 miles home to the pot! I already mailed home the ones I found in Afghanistan.

CD
    Good for you but some one is beating me to the lost weights and leaving the nails and screws for my tires here on Kandahar I managed to do something similiar. I managed to get the battery connnectors off of seven mil generators the Marines were shredding at the DRMO last year. All came back with me on my last vacation. How much does a standard battery connector weigh? I had the fourteen plus another eight that were attached to some batteries that were going to HazMat for turn in.

Now if I could find just one wheel weight over here I would have a great year.

Best regards

Moderator Emeritus

4 ounces, have one laying on my desk I picked up in a parking lot

Boolit Master

Got cursed while running today. Found another wheelweight on the road during my daily 3 mi run. Yesterday was giving almost 2 lbs of soldering wire that is 60% tin 40% lead.

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Perma-Banned

I always pick them up when I find them. I would question a casters sanity if they did not.

Boolit Master
    Took friend to the local walmart to do some shopping the other day.Was walking around the lot for some exercise and picked up about 2lbs worth of ww in about 30 minutes.To Combat Diver.Thanks for your service.God bless you and keep you safe.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Master

I have never seen Wheel Weights in a parking lot before but then until recently I have never looked. Have to wonder how they fall off parked cars.

Stay safe Combat Diver !!!
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

The ones in the parking lot are the ones dropped when a caster was interrupted by the return of the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by borg View Post
    The ones in the parking lot are the ones dropped when a caster was interrupted by the return of the customer.
    That made me laugh. I can see some guy with cargo pants full of WW in his pockets and a screw driver in his hand.
    Those who choose violence as a first option are typically confronted by somebody else using violence as a last resort.

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll enjoy it a second time.

Do not confuse my being polite for weakness.
    Using MX Linux 21

From the free state of Idaho

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by borg View Post

LOL that's what I was afraid of.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Boolit Master

The Thing That Wonders Me is actually finding WW's in the Sandbox! I didn't know camels needed them???
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Only on the faster ones that are out of balance. LOL