Titan ReloadingWidenersRepackboxReloading Everything
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Load DataLee Precision
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Lee dripper mod

Lee dripper mod

Started to cast some this morning, got free flow. Ughh. Decided to try this.
    Attachment 128360
    Don't have to find a screw driver to clean, extra weight should help.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master DaveInFloweryBranchGA's Avatar
    I like it! Simple, inexpensive if you get the tool from Harbor Freight.

I found a use for a steel WW. Drilled a hole in the WW for the valve rod. Then tapped a set screw into side of that hole for the valve rod to secure the WW to the valve rod. Like yours it now a simple push/twist of the WW to stop the drip.

Boolit Master

I use a small pair of vice lock needle nose in the same place on mine.

Lowes or HF, about the same. I'll hone out the bore to be able to adjust the lift of the stem and bore out a large nut to put above the collet for weight. Then get another for my stuck case removal tap. Got to think out have to retain it when I dump the pot, probably just use a wire to retain it. Spent the rest of the morning watching the SR71 interview.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

hum that's a clean pot, doesn't it get hot staying on the value stem? guess I've got a couple of those tap handles hanging around anyways
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Bub
    I replaced the handle with a piece of 1.5" dowel, filled with lead for the extra weight. If it drips I just have to give it a tap with my finger. I still keep a soup can half-filled with water under the pot so it can't splash because the height is just perfect.

I've considered drilling it out and putting a bolt & nut in it's place to make it a permanent ladle pot. The little bit of extra room by removing the bracket should make life a bit better.

IMO the bottom pour is useless because it doesn't pour fast enough. 4 seconds to get 220gr of lead out of it, fillout was horrible. Fine for buckshot molds or smaller cavity molds, I guess.

I pour 180 gr all the time, no problem. I usually dump the pot over the side, but had to use the spout this time. Muffinized most of it but left some in the bottom, tipped back 45 deg & scraped the crud into the melt. Let it cool pulled the chunk out and the bottom is (almost) perfectly clean. One large chunk of crud next to the spout came out easily too. No, I haven't refilled the pot yet, other things to do
    I cast with leather gloves so a twist or tap is easy. Finding the slot on the top isn't. The washer & nut are for lift spacing, right now. I'll fix that later. Actual problem was the screw was getting outside the slot and the rod was stuck open. Bent screw head?
    Bored the tap handle with 0.165 pilot, then used 0.185 drill. Adjusted for ~1/4" lift, about 1/8" off the Lee flange. Should work fine after I put some anti-seize on the threads.
    Works fine, I may add a little weight. 3 or so yr old pot I've never cleaned the valve. Doesn't drip until after a pour, swirl the handle & it stops.
    Last edited by popper; 01-24-2015 at 02:36 PM.
    Whatever!