Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersRepackboxInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Load Data Titan Reloading

Thread: RCBS Uniflow on an RCBS Green Machine

Boolit Man

RCBS Uniflow on an RCBS Green Machine

If you have done this, please explain or show photos of what you did to adapt it to the Green Machine.

Boolit Master
    You could get the the case activated linkage kit and appropriate powder through expander die and your in business.
    "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees" Looking for an RCBS Ammomaster and H&R shotgun barrels regardless of condition

Boolit Master DaveInFloweryBranchGA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by troyboy View Post
    You could get the the case activated linkage kit and appropriate powder through expander die and your in business.
    This is your solution. Hornady's version, the case activated powder drop, will also work and is a bit less expensive.

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    The Lee PM with a riser works well and cheaper!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Quote Originally Posted by seagiant View Post
    Hi,
    The Lee PM with a riser works well and cheaper!
    Ah, heck Seagiant, you just like the Christmasy effect.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFloweryBranchGA View Post
    Ah, heck Seagiant, you just like the Christmasy effect.
    Hi,
    Actually I would like the old LEE PM that had a grey rectangular hopper but they are not made any more and are not as good as the "Pro" model!

As 90% of the GM were made up in 38/357 cal. (I don't know why) the LEE measures work just fine!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

As 90% of the GM were made up in 38/357 cal. (I don't know why) the LEE measures work just fine!
    This is a very good point. That particular caliber doesn't use a lot of powder, so the Lee hopper is plenty big enough. I notice you used the safety mechanism for the powder hopper. Is there a risk of double charges on the RCBS Green Machines? I use the Lee Pro Auto Disk with my RCBS progressive in some calibers and with my auto advance (no reversal) I haven't ever had need of that safety mechanism reset.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFloweryBranchGA View Post
    This is a very good point. That particular caliber doesn't use a lot of powder, so the Lee hopper is plenty big enough. I notice you used the safety mechanism for the powder hopper. Is there a risk of double charges on the RCBS Green Machines? I use the Lee Pro Auto Disk with my RCBS progressive in some calibers and with my auto advance (no reversal) I haven't ever had need of that safety mechanism reset.
    Hi,
    Actually, I did not use the safety (bead chain to lever) although the lever is there if you want to set that up!

I had no problems with the LEE PM at all!

The fit is admittedly tight and I ground the corner on the slide to get a little more room (easy) and the advantages of a case activated PM is a big plus with an inline press!!!

Hi,
    Actually, I did not use the safety (bead chain to lever) although the lever is there if you want to set that up!

I had no problems with the LEE PM at all!

The fit is admittedly tight and I ground the corner on the slide to get a little more room (easy) and the advantages of a case activated PM is a big plus with an inline press!!!
    Interesting, I've always been interested in the Green Machine, but never got a chance to pick one up affordably. Case activated powder drops is the cat's meow, even better if you combine it with case expansion. I'm hoping our mold maker will coming out with powder through expanders with M-die configuration for the Lee Pro Auto Disk setup.