MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Wideners

View Poll Results: You've got 15 minutes. What ten items will you grab on the way out?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ten items I'll need to make my day easier.

13 17.81%
  • Hahahahaa! I'm too fat to move anywhere in 15 minutes.

15 20.55%
  • Why only 10 items?

14 19.18%
  • I don't have an answer, but I really like voting in these polls.

29 39.73%
  • Really Wilco? Really?

12 16.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You've got 15 minutes. What ten items will you grab on the way out?

I don't tell no one what I am doing especially on the net. when it comes to bugging in or out. remember there are others that can see this and can make you a target. i'm just sayin. paranoid maybe, realist absolutely.
    Last edited by 30Carbine; 01-22-2015 at 09:27 AM. Reason: added

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    First of all I'll have to say, Here we go again. Wilco has started a thread that is most likely going to be equal to the lube groove thread we had some years back. I'm a former sniper and 68 years of age with some bad medical problems, so I'm like the guy you see that is wounded and tells the others to go on. I would tell my wife to get the dog and stay down if this turns bad. I would then remove my rifle and bag of magazines and sit in my recliner watching the current news programs. Watching all of the nuts running over each other.
    Back in 2005 when Katrina was headed to our home, my wife was all beside herself as to what we should take. I told her that it was all insured and of no use to us on the road. I had her load all of the medical supplies, two dogs and cash from the safe along with just two changes of clothes. I loaded one black rifle, one shotgun, one 22 and two handguns. If we could not survive on that then it was time to say a prayer. Later David
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Quote Originally Posted by geargnasher View Post
    Ahhhh, just enough time to kick back in the easy chair and enjoy a cigar and a good scotch.

Gear
    Bwa ha ha! I lost it! Thanks Gear!

Boolit Master

Fifteen minutes is about enough time to put a welcome sign out front and load a few more magazines....
    Dysfunctional Disturbed Disabled Debonair Navy Veteran
    Swift Boats, Vietnam, 1967-1968.

"You are never too old to learn something stupid."

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I thought this was a scramble for NCBS......
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

where rocks are shot at & milk jugs, too...
    OK, I've decided, not going anywhere so everything stays here with me.
    “Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."

Winston S. Churchill

In Remembrance
    Lots and lots of toilet paper. After all, if the SHTF, it's going to be messy. . .

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by WILCO View Post
    Hhahaha! Those aren't my ten items Art.

Thank you for all the responses. I'm looking forward to reading more of them.
    I chose 10 items in 15 minutes because I'm curious to know what would be grabbed. Other information was excluded, because it's not relevant. Please feel free to repost your answers or thoughts if you care to.........and just for the record, I'm not a prepper.
    As posted earlier, I really doubt I would leave the "Nest".
    BUT...If I were to...it'd be for the last time.
    I guess I'll start with the truck I'll be leaving with and load it up.

1. 1971 Chev C20 Camper special
    2. All the Cash I have on hand
    3. All the "Full" Gas cans I have on hand
    4. All The fresh water I have jugs for
    5. 22LR Rifle with scope (probably the CZ)
    6. Ammo can full of 22LR ammo
    7. 38spl revolver, S&W snubnose
    8. Ammo can full of 38spl ammo
    9. Cooler full of Meat from the freezer.
    10. Firewood, I'd fill the rest of the space in the Pickup box.

This would be when the Zombie's from Minneapolis spill into Glencoe, which is almost in the X-urb ring.

I doubt I'd last very long...unless I can make it out to MaryB's place
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Man
    Seven guns, all my ammo, Dillon 650, lifetime free hunting/fishing licence. My wife can carry her own stuff.

Boolit Master
    Two years ago a policeman knocked on my door and told me I had twenty minutes to get out. He went on to say the fire may be here before that. While my wife grabbed some picture albums I stuffed about ten pistols in a large briefcase. No way I could take long guns to a local motel. Fortunately between wind shift, borate bombers and some brave fire fighters our area was spared the flames. It is a situation everyone should be prepared for.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master
    My Tally Whacker and my Red Telecaster..oh and my 335..

Moderator Emeritus

Bout another 70 miles further west... far enough that anyone on foot will likely be shot before they get this far.

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    As posted earlier, I really doubt I would leave the "Nest".
    BUT...If I were to...it'd be for the last time.
    I guess I'll start with the truck I'll be leaving with and load it up.

1. 1971 Chev C20 Camper special
    2. All the Cash I have on hand
    3. All the "Full" Gas cans I have on hand
    4. All The fresh water I have jugs for
    5. 22LR Rifle with scope (probably the CZ)
    6. Ammo can full of 22LR ammo
    7. 38spl revolver, S&W snubnose
    8. Ammo can full of 38spl ammo
    9. Cooler full of Meat from the freezer.
    10. Firewood, I'd fill the rest of the space in the Pickup box.

This would be when the Zombie's from Minneapolis spill into Glencoe, which is almost in the X-urb ring.

I doubt I'd last very long...unless I can make it out to MaryB's place

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by rmatchell View Post
    Do we have to take the wife?
    Is eating possible without the wife?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BrassMagnet View Post
    Is eating possible without the wife?
    sure I do the cooking , now the teen age daughters , they may stay can't go 20 minutes without a fight

Boolit Master
    actually when we had a fire this fall , I got it out before it spread , we started asking ourselves a similar question 2 parts

what do you grab as your walking out the door fire alarm blaring , that came to 2 things besides making sure all the kids are out , the bag in the file cabinet with all the important papers , and the backup external hard drive with all the photos

in typing this I realized I should photo copy all the important papers and send a copy to my dad

now my wife has been saying "we have to much stuff" and I alwasy said ok , make a list fo what you want to get rid of and it just never happened.
    but she with this second question. What would you replace if the house burned ? she has been cleaning a lot of things , some things are going in a sentimental box to go to storage but most things are going in boxes for donation

I had a similar revilation several years after college , a why did I drag all that stuff around in 5 moves all I needed was 2 folding tables , a bed and cloths , 2 plates 2 glasses , a pot and 2 skillets a few forks and less than a drawer of utensils , but when I moved out my mom gave me a full set of dishes and she got new ones , a full set of silver ware , a cupboard full of glasses, pots and pans , I should have been able to move in one trip with room to spare in my pickup and it would regularily take me 3-4
    I dragged a set of couches around , a desk , end tables , lamps yes it looked like a normal apartment but it didn't need to

Look at "Naked and Afraid" (better known as outright starvation for three weeks) and take it from there. First item is shoes, second is firestarter(s), third is cutting tools, fourth is firearms, fifth is tarps and clothes - a complete all weather outfit, sixth is portable food (water purification/filtering included), binocs, etc. Maslow's "heirarchy of needs" safety, shelter, food, etc. in that order.

Being invisible is a worthy goal. Bad guys walk in to projectiles whilst running their gums. Fighting your way through is planning to get dead.
    Last edited by leftiye; 01-25-2015 at 08:10 AM.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Boolit Buddy

lots of ifs,

and awful long on the time, arnt you, reality is more like 5 maybe 10,

having been ran over once, airborn one ,tearing off tree tops, got to look up the center of it(it was coming in faster than I realized then on top of me, almost surreal, here you are standing staring at a tornado and just stood there taking it all in, outside of some nicks and cuts from flying stuff, , along with 6months of cleaning up tree tops, roofing ect,))

for me the most realistic reason to bug out is them PIA things that come out of the clouds called tornaders, that tend to tear things up, for that , already prepositioned, 5min, we are out back in the storm cellar, with the radios/scanners running listening where all the action is, in the summer , the important things are already out back, and all we need to do is grab ourselves, the dogs, some everyday things, and walk out back and wait,

ice storm, them things are everything went slow motion, so no big deal, throw another log in the stove and hangout on the net

as to floods, if the water makes it to my house, it will be as in the days of noah, so don't have issues there,

as to fires, got fire extinguishers in every room of the house, with garden hose connectors in 2 places, since Im on the edge of the district, response is slow enough, if you don't get it out in the first 5 min , its game over, and so far know over 5 people who saved their place with that set up, all the fires were in the open, not in the walls, part of the reason I don't load my circuits in the walls, the heavy loads are actually been rewired, with heavier wire and isolated circuits, and in conduit
    something about being in industrial maint you see things happen that you go, aint gonna let that happen to me, and did things to prevent the opportunity of it happening,
    Last edited by Dave18; 01-25-2015 at 11:53 AM.

Boolit Master
    1.Knife,2. source of fire,3. handgun with several hundred rounds of ammo, 4.small bore rifle with several thousand rounds (I keep tins of .22 and a spare mag stored in the hollow buttstock as well)5. and Eule Gibbon's book "stay alive in the woods".
    6.Whatever food including fruit juices I could stuff in a knapsack,7. bedroll with space blanket and plastic sheeting,8. first aid kit with my pain meds, 9.transistor radio , 10.folding saw, Sturdy trowel.
    If I left Eule Gibbons book behind, which I probably would since I don't remember where I saw it last, I'd take a sturdy trowel. A trowel has many possible uses, not the least of which is to dig a hole to take a dump in.

Actually a trowel and folding saw along with thick plastic sheeting and space blanket are all you need to build a very nice shelter in the woods. Twine isn't a necessity since the common creeper vines are plentyful and make a good substitute.

I have a late edition military survival manual but I found I'd already learned all they wrote of when I was a scout.

If I didn't take a radio then years after the emergency had ended I'd still be out there eating small game and tree bark, and waylaying hikers to rob them of their trailmix.

Bump!
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Is everyone else going? Cause if they are I'm staying home.I hate crowds! If domes day no need to run get a recliner and fav adult bev aKABLUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and nice fat doobie.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast