Titan ReloadingLoad DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2Repackbox
Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOE 360318, 245 gr. RN

Boolit Grand Master

NOE 360318, 245 gr. RN

This one arrived today.
    It should make my 35 Ack Imp. Whelen and my two .358 Win. rifles really sing.

The drive bands are a full .361 " and the gas check is a snug " snap fit ".

The nose mikes .351". I ran about 150 or so this afternoon. The bullets are very round and very consistent in weight.

What's not to like ? For all of you who like to shoot hogs, this should be a real hog killer out of a 358 Win. or a 35 Whelen !

Ben

Last edited by Ben; 01-20-2015 at 09:52 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

Yep, pretty awesome boolit. Good to see you finally got it. My 35 Whelen didn't feed it very well but I'm thinking if my 35 Remington will quit breaking scopes I'll try it in her.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master
    TXGunNut

Considering that my 35 Ack Imp Whelen is a Ruger # 1, I'm not looking for a lot of feeding problems.

Ben
    Last edited by Ben; 01-21-2015 at 09:57 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Loading that boolit in a 35 Whelen AI into a Ruger #1, must be like loading a motar tube!

Yep! I'll be watching for the results on this one. Be careful though...those 35's are addictive. I don't think those Alabama deer are gonna like this news at all!!

Boolit Master

TxGunNut, might be a little long in the nose if your 35Rem is a Marlin.

Boolit Grand Master

Go ahead, 35 Shooter. Jump on the bandwagon and tell me I need to get a rifle better suited to my mould.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

What powder(s) are you pondering, Ben?

Quote Originally Posted by TXGunNut View Post
    Go ahead, 35 Shooter. Jump on the bandwagon and tell me I need to get a rifle better suited to my mould.
    Lol don't you go trade "OL ELLY" off. She's already proved what she can do!! Besides, you've got an ace in the hole when it comes to 35 cal. moulds. Any she doesn't like can be sent to MS. for proper disposal.

Boolit Grand Master

Elly (Ol' Ugly) is family, she's not going anywhere.
    I think somehow Ben knows I've been kicking around a #1 for awhile, 35 Whelen would be an awesome chambering for it. Hope weather is pretty in AL this weekend, would like to read a range report on Ben's new mould. Maybe even some pics of that #1.

Boolit Master

yep we all are anxiously waiting for the report and the pictures, yes the pictures.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Ben seems to know some of my favorites too and then he goes and posts such great pic's of them. It's getting my resistance level down low. I would love a ruger #1 in 35 whelen!

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by excess650 View Post
    Ben, are you using a bottom pour pot?
    I'm 101% ladle.

Ben

Boolit Grand Master
    I sent Jesse in OR one of my Ruger # 1's to rebore. Very rapid " turn-around time " on Jesse's behalf. The barrel has 3 groove rifling , 1 - 14 twist. Chambered in 35 Whelen, 40 degree, Ack Improved.

I'm anxious to try out my NOE 360318 cast bullets.

Life is good...........! !
    Ben

If I can get 2 or 3 deer lined up, this bullet should shoot through all of them :

Last edited by Ben; 01-25-2015 at 08:19 PM.

where rocks are shot at & milk jugs, too...
    That's a beauty, Ben! I'm sending him a 336 XLR to have rebored to .356W, really looking forward to it!
    “Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."

Winston S. Churchill

Boolit Grand Master
    JES does great work. You'll be happy when your rifle is returned to you.

where rocks are shot at & milk jugs, too...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    JES does great work. You'll be happy when your rifle is returned to you.
    Others here have told me the same, makes my decision that much easier, will post with pictures when I get it back. I look forward to hearing how your loads with the NOE bullet work out for you in the #1.
    “Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."

Winston S. Churchill

Boolit Grand Master
    I've always thought the 35 Whelen Ack Improved was too large of a boiler room for cast bullets. I've always felt the 358 Win. was about optimum for a .35 cal. cast bullet. Of course with jacketed the 35 Ack Imp. Whelen really comes into it's own.

It crosses 4,000 foot pounds of energy and can nibble on the edges of the 375 H & H in kinetic energy with certain jacketed loads.

Ben

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    I've always thought the 35 Whelen Ack Improved was too large of a boiler room for cast bullets. I've always felt the 358 Win. was about optimum for a .35 cal. cast bullet. Of course with jacketed the 35 Ack Imp. Whelen really comes into it's own.

It crosses 4,000 foot pounds of energy and can nibble on the edges of the 375 H & H in kinetic energy with certain jacketed loads.

Ben
    I think you're correct. The rifle I had available was a 30-06 so the best option was the 35 Whelen, I'm guessing you were in a similar situation. Hard to tell how much Ackley improved the 35 Whelen from the pics, guess it picked up a grain or two. Was hoping you'd get a chance to shoot it this weekend. Had some good luck with IMR4895 in my rifle today.
    Nice rifle, Ben! Love the figure and contrast in that stock. Thanks for posting the pics.

Boolit Grand Master
    TXGunNut

Deer season ends last day of month.

I'll have more time to " paper punch " when deer season ends..........

Ben

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast