RepackboxRotoMetals2WidenersTitan Reloading
Load DataReloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: American Sniper review

seen it. what i liked about it was the attention to detail on iraq. if they could somehow pump the smell that seemed to cover that godforsaken land it would probably make some folks snap. the little details like the waterbottle used to close the door on his hooch made me chuckle because i had the same thing; as did everyone. iraq was a jacked up place and it shows how it was for the most part. the dust storm was correct. they did their homework...

Boolit Master

Took my better half to see it last night. Worth seeing again. I agree the Hollywood screen play adjustments and omissions to his story are large, but the truth of the man comes through loud and clear. I was concerned they would turn all Hollywood on his death too, but I think it was respectful and well done. My wife did not know about that part so it surprised and moved her...A LOT.

I think a non warrior can see this and be so moved. I would have liked the full measure of Taps rather than an edited version. The lack of sound during the credits is a commendable editorial choice.

Clint Eastwood has at times appeared 'bleeding heart' but he did this hero and his story justice. God Bless those serving, and those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for us, and keep them in your prayers,

DRNurse1

Education is one thing you can give away freely while suffering no personal loss and likely increasing one's own knowledge.

Properly vetted source information prevents GIGO, the scourge of the internet.

Boolit Buddy
    I haven't been yet but I will go for 2 reasons. #1 to pat Clint Eastwood on the back and #2 to thumb my nose at Michael Moore and his bunch.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    IIRC the last one to put his money up was the DUKE when he produced "The Green Barret" in a time when many spit on our returning vets.

Yes that song is still burned deep in my memory.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Master
    MakeMineA10mm, Read the original issue of the book and scanned thru a new edition and it tells about making the movie and Kyles family meeting Eastwood in their homes and having homecooked meals with him. They thought very highly of him as he acted like a regular Joe and never put on any airs about who he was and was very polite and friendly.

Boolit Buddy
    Saw the movie Sat night. Thought it was good. Went with my partimer/SF vet. I asked him how they did by the tactics and he said " too good" I think he might have had a mini flash back. He did ask the question "why does every ****hole in the world look alike?" Read the book first and I think Clint did right by the man.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceB View Post
    NVCurmudgeon and I saw the movie yesterday.

What impressed me the most was that, when the credits began appearing at the end.... NOBODY MOVED, NOBODY SPOKE, in the entire audience.

Only when the "minor" credits began rolling did people start to leave..... in dead silence.

Obviously, we were not the only ones affected by the movie.
    It was dead silent in my theater too.I was just sitting there blown away..
    I did manage to see that some of it was filmed in Morocco.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNurse1 View Post

Clint Eastwood has at times appeared 'bleeding heart' but he did this hero and his story justice. God Bless those serving, and those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for us, and keep them in your prayers,
    Yeah Eastwood was for the Brady Bill and is Pro Choice..
    He is also a Republican..
    He is a brilliant actor and director..
    I do have a problem with most actors that make a zillion dollars off of gun violence in Hollywood and then don't support the second amendment..
    I still like Clint Eastwood..I guess for me he is the exception.

Boolit Buddy

My son and I went yesterday...thought it was well done. Choked up when he told his wife he was coming home. Then the actual video of his funeral really got to me...everyone leaving was silent...God Bless those that have served, those that are currently serving and those that will serve in the future...

rick

Saw the movie, just finished reading the book. Maybe it is a new version, but saw nothing in the book that even hinted at the fat EX governor, nor anything about katrina.

In Remembrance

Finally went to see it yesterday in the afternoon. Only about 50 - 60 older people in theater. It was dead quiet at the end of the movie and nobody moved even when the credits were rolling. Quite a few chuckles and laughs when the movie conversation concerning an engagement ring was being run. Even Chris thought that the Marine vet he was taking shooting was flatout nuts, yet he took him anyway. The POTUS couldn`t even send the lowest level rep to the funeral.Robert

Boolit Master
    Read his book when it first came out and saw the movie last week. I had initially decided not to go see it because I expected it to be "holleywooded" and disrespectful. My daughter saw it with a friend who had been there, combat Marine. They both said I should see it. I was impressed that "they didn't screw it up". Outstanding movie on many levels. It really does protray the real horrors of war, including the long term effects on those who were there and their families. My father was a WWII Marine in the Pacific, he never talked about it and had nightmares as late as the 1980s. Go see it, it is worth it. Our theater was also unusually quite at the credits, with several of us sitting for a while in silence. Eastwood did well and it was respectful, to my great relief.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123