Lee PrecisionLoad DataTitan ReloadingWideners
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Repackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .40 hollowpoint H&G 68 version (Mihec)

Boolit Master
    I would think that 155 might be a little better balance but I could be interested in this either weigh (way.) Heh Heh... I would have to pass on one without lube groove though.
    ward
    "To anger a conservative, lie to him. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth." —Theodore Roosevelt"

Boolit Master
    Bump, any more interest in this?

Boolit Buddy
    I like that 175 grain mold.

Could someone perhaps produce a drawing?

It would be interesting to see if we could do a combined GB with H&G #332 and #374, as I Believe they have the same profile just with a longer base band.
    Hollowpoint versions would probably decrease weight around 5-10 grain.
    Shoot from a rest at 25/50/100 yards, then post your groupings. That is the only way to compare accuracy results.

Banned

ive got the lyman 150 H&G .40 copy. Its my go to bullet if I'm looking for accuracy in a 40. Its a real tack driver in ACCURATE guns like my old 610 and 646. If I were you guys id copy that bullet as closely as possible.

Lloyd: Are you referring to the Lyman 401654?

If so, this is it. Looks very promising for the purpose of this thread! Would probably do fine with a hollowpoint as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	200300.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	166706
    Shoot from a rest at 25/50/100 yards, then post your groupings. That is the only way to compare accuracy results.

Banned
    NJ (but usually somewhere east of the east coast)
    Watching this. Might be interested in a 200 grn +. Ill shoot it in a .45 muzzleloader with sabot.

This is not for a heavy hitter. This is for a light weight target SWC.
    You might want to check out Oreos round flatnose designs, they are very nice.

Boolit Buddy
    I,m in if it's brass.

Lyman 401654
    Brass
    4 or 5 cavity
    Hollow point option

Interest list
    Whistler hp
    harley45 solid
    gatortommy solid
    gtgeorge solid
    gtgeorge hp
    stevo629 hp
    wasalmonslayer aluminum
    Maximumbob54 hp
    Persuader ?
    Boolit_Head ?
    StuBach ?
    WARD O ?
    Swindler1

That's a total of 13 molds, hopefully enough to attract more in an Active GB. Please note that except for the HP, the design will stay true to the Lyman 401654 with lube groove and bevel base, unless Mihec says it will be available with other options.

We will need a honcho for this buy that creates the thread in the Active Buys category.

Banned

that's the one. Its a great bullet but its only a 150 grain bullet. Its probably the most accurate 40 bullet ive fooled with. I don't know if hollow pointed it would carry enough weight for me. Id like to see something that went about 150 with a decent sized hp cavity 160 or so without a hp. Any lighter and your going to have function problems in some of the smaller guns. In most cases my black guns run better with a heavier bullets a bit slower then they do with a lighter bullet fast enough to run the action. Plus the heavy bullets tend to me more accurate and about the same recoil. I do shoot the 105 lee in the wifes lc9 for practice but that gun for some reason will run them (at the same level none of my other 9s even my full sized guns will) and SHES A GIRL I cant see any advantage to a bullet any lighter but then this isn't my buy. I would still be interested though it you went with a 150 hp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    Lloyd: Are you referring to the Lyman 401654?

If so, this is it. Looks very promising for the purpose of this thread! Would probably do fine with a hollowpoint as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	200300.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	166706
    Last edited by Lloyd Smale; 04-28-2016 at 07:41 AM.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    I've got a stupid question. The OP has indicated that this GB be designated to Miha. That's fine, but do you guys realise that there are at least 10 other Group Buys are up to almost 4 years old? I've got absolutely no problem with his work, I've got 2 or 3, but adding another GB to the list is roughly akin to playing the slot machines,,,,,,,,.

You might want to reconsider your choice of vendor.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master

.40 hollowpoint H&G 68 version (Mihec)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    I've got a stupid question. The OP has indicated that this GB be designated to Miha. That's fine, but do you guys realise that there are at least 10 other Group Buys are up to almost 4 years old? I've got absolutely no problem with his work, I've got 2 or 3, but adding another GB to the list is roughly akin to playing the slot machines,,,,,,,,.

You might want to reconsider your choice of vendor.
    I'm on a couple of his buys that are a few years in. I've also watched several go in less than 60 days.

I'm also on a thread at NOEs site for a similar 150 gr 40 bullet and it has gone nowhere in quite some time. I think your looking at a craps shoot either way. Personal preference, Miha's a known commodity to me as I have a few of his molds and I like them all. Hear Al's molds are nice but I don't know them so I like spending money on known quality. But really I'm willing to try Al's but no one seems interested. It's just an inventory run and we have 4 of the 5 we need to get it sent to the block.

http://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index.php?topic=1373.0

Look in Inventory Run request section near bottom of forum listing and it's a few down for the "402 150gr..." Started early February and I posted it on here a few weeks back with no interest.
    Last edited by StuBach; 04-28-2016 at 04:06 PM.

I would really like to see this happen.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    The purpose of this thread is a 4 cavity hollowpoint brass mold with plain base only. I apologize if this was not clear from the start.

I am not sure if there can be both grooveless and with lube groove in the same buy, I guess we'll see that later.
    For my own part I don't mind the lube groove even though I powder coat. The purpose of the hollowpoint for me is to lighten the bullet while keeping the bullet profile, the grooves do the same thing.
    4 cavity hollowpoint brass mold with plain base only.

I'd be interested in a HP mold for my 40's. Tagging for follow up.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Buddy
    I'd be interested in one with a flat base. I do not care much for bevel base.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12