Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad DataRepackbox
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyWidenersTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 44 Mag Carbine NOE 434-310 RF on IN DOE

44 Mag Carbine NOE 434-310 RF on IN DOE

I got this big girl earlier this year. I have been passing on does all of the regular season waiting for a big buck. Well the big buck never came my way, but this doe will eat better anyhow. It was a rainy morning. The deer didn't move until 10:30am. At 11 three does came poking through. Shot her at 80 yards in a powerline easement. She bucked so I figured she had been heart shot. Then she came running my way so I put one in her front shoulder at 20 yards. She ran out of go about twenty yards behind me. I was very happy with the performance of my bullets. Both complete pass throughs. The first low through the heart about a 3" long tear about 3/4" diameter. The second broke both shoulders and exited.

The load was new starline brass cci 350 mag pistol primers, 14.5 grains of lil gun, NOE 434-310 RF PB lubed with BAC out of a rossi 92.

The road less traveled ain't for the faint of heart

Boolit Master

Nice! Man do I love those .44's!

You going to have some good eatin'! Deer meat in barbecue sauce, green peppers, and onions, yes sir!
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master
    Looks like a dandy eatin deer to me.
    Some people live and learn but I mostly just live

Boolit Grand Master
    nice butterball ya got there
    should be fine dine'n
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master
    congrats
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Banned

I hate buck meat, gave two away. I want a doe or two or a button buck in my freezer.
    That nice one will give you grins at the table.
    Nice job.

That is one nice FAT doe. Enjoy. JW

Good job with that 44. Looks like good eating there. Hate the big buck didn't show up, but the freezer's full!

That is a nice one .They are really nice eating.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Just the way I like them, nice and relaxed, then Boom bounce bounce flop.

Makes for nice tender meat.

Nicely done!

Quote Originally Posted by 35 shooter View Post
    Good job with that 44. Looks like good eating there. Hate the big buck didn't show up, but the freezer's full!
    my dad's place where I hunt is a great deer hunting area. We like to wait to start shooting any deer until after the buck season is over. This gives the two and three year olds some place to hide. This also allows us to sit all day and see deer almost nonstop during rut. It makes for some very exciting time outdoors!

As big as this doe and the other doe I shot was, my freezers were reaching Max capacity! Some of the best deer I have ever eaten! I'm ready for some range time this summer and off to do it all over again.

Boolit Master
    great shooting ! Whats the twist rate on the rossi been wanting a 44lever but know the marlins have trouble with heavy boolits?

Quote Originally Posted by monge View Post
    great shooting ! Whats the twist rate on the rossi been wanting a 44lever but know the marlins have trouble with heavy boolits?
    I don't know. Someone here probably knows. Mine is a newer production and shoots this bullet great!

where rocks are shot at & milk jugs, too...

44 Mag Carbine NOE 434-310 RF on IN DOE

Didn't see this one to congratulate you, you've had a good year!
    “Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."

Winston S. Churchill

Djones it does sound like a great hunting spot. We've got 1 more week in the area i hunt and i'd like to take one more for our freezer this year. Then, like you said, back to the range for some load work with my new NOE mould. Can't wait to get started on that new boolit!

Boolit Master
    Rossi standard twist is 1:30" ROT, regardless of caliber. I have .357 and .45 Colt and they're both great. Looking to add a .44 Mag and posts like this don't help me change my mind any--especially when there's dinner involved!
    I passed my last psych eval, how bout you?

Banned

I did something strange with a few back straps. I cooked them in a Styrofoam cooler. Since the meat was cold from the fridge I started with two gallons of 150* water. Meat must be vacuum sealed or in a sealed zip lock bag. Put in the cooler and keep temp at 140* with a thermometer with a probe. Leave in 1-1/2 hours or longer. Pour boiling water in if needed.
    Then remove, season and sear in butter in a hot pan a little. Maybe a minute per side.
    Darn tender and tasty. I used Omaha steak seasoning, best ever.
    I could not believe how good.
    I found the recipe in Field and Stream. Wife and grandson went crazy. Had none left to snack on.

I have heard of this style of cooking "Sous-vide" I think it is called. I will have to try it!

Banned

I like my meat a little pink in the middle and with a good piece of meat, even blood on the plate is good. Carol wants everything overdone but I am converting her little by little. She makes her eggs into hockey pucks too. I was surprised she liked them cooked this way.
    I was surprised they were just pink, not raw, at the low temps.
    Once in a while we get a sale on Omaha steaks and we buy some. Best meat I ever had and you can leave it bleed. The stuffed, baked taters are amazing. Too cold to grill so I use cast iron skillets, I hate anything else. I have a huge one and cut thick steaks from a deer roast, coat heavy with seasoning and get the skillet smoking, add some oil and blacken the steaks, 4 min a side.
    Carol hates when I splatter the stove so the side burner on my grill is where I usually do it but it is too cold out.
    Give that a try, makes a deer roast worth it instead of just making a roast.

Quote Originally Posted by 44man View Post
    I did something strange with a few back straps. I cooked them in a Styrofoam cooler. Since the meat was cold from the fridge I started with two gallons of 150* water. Meat must be vacuum sealed or in a sealed zip lock bag. Put in the cooler and keep temp at 140* with a thermometer with a probe. Leave in 1-1/2 hours or longer. Pour boiling water in if needed.
    Then remove, season and sear in butter in a hot pan a little. Maybe a minute per side.
    Darn tender and tasty. I used Omaha steak seasoning, best ever.
    I could not believe how good.
    I found the recipe in Field and Stream. Wife and grandson went crazy. Had none left to snack on.
    Seems like using the crock pot on low with H2O for several hours would give a similar result with just a little time browning in a skillet at the end for color and crust.

DJones,

Congrats on the nice doe!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast