RepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingLee Precision
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Wideners Load Data

Thread: My Friend Red

Boolit Bub

My Friend Red

Red,a long time friend of mine passed away in the early morning hours Tuesday 1-13-15 at the age of 63. He was an avid gun enthusiast,reloader,and loved his Harleys and Mack Trucks. I first met with him over a gun purchase and the friendship began there.I had helped him sell an unwanted portion of his gun collection several years ago and he insisted on giving me 2 Dillon 550's and a Dillon case tumbler simply because he new I had a 650 and loved Dillon machines.Whenever we spoke the conversation always began with "well what new guns have you bought since we talked last". I regret not twisting his arm more in trying to get him to go to Knob Creek just 1 time. Every time I brought it up he had wanted to go but something always seemed to prevent him from attending.He was a business owner and usually company business kept him tied up. Most of the time I would stop by his office after I would get off work and we would shoot the breeze for hours about what we had been or would be shooting soon. In all the times I was there I never saw him be rude or mean to any of his employees no matter how bad of a day he was having.I hope wherever you are your sitting on a pile of warm spent brass with guns a blazing!! Rest In Peace My Friend.

Moderator Emeritus

It is always tough to lose a friend. It sounds like he lived a full life, you have my sympathy.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

RIP Red, sounds like a great guy.
    Ramar
    AMERICAN EX-PRISONERS OF WAR -- NON SOLUM ARMIS