Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad Data
Wideners Titan Reloading

Thread: NOE 70 gr. .22 mould

Boolit Master

NOE 70 gr. .22 mould

Was over at the range today and a guy over there (one of our old buddies) was shooting his "beeg .22" AR-15 with nightforce scope, a 1-9 twist barrel and a suppressor. A charge of 10 gr. SR 4759 and a powder coated NOE 70 gr. 50% WW-50% linotype shot this impressive 10 shot group at 50 yards. .827" without the flyer and 1.135" with flyer.
    Not bad for his first attempt with cast in the .223.

Boolit Master

That's a very nice 50 yd group and I am not being sarcastic when I ask if he shot a 5 shot 100 yd group?
    Gun control is not about guns.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wch View Post
    That's a very nice 50 yd group and I am not being sarcastic when I ask if he shot a 5 shot 100 yd group?
    No sarcasm detected here. Next time I see him, I'll have to see if he has time to give that a try. 50 yds. is a good starting point but 100 yds. would be next step. As the powder charge increased from 10 grains, the groups opened up. Maybe a different powder, alloy, something...

Did the load have enough pressure to cycle his AR ??
    IHMSA # 566 "time sure flies when you're having FUN"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne S View Post
    Did the load have enough pressure to cycle his AR ??
    I was thinking the same thing myself, I'll email him and ask. I was concentrating on my .243 vermint-discombobulation loads.

Boolit Master
    Emailed Dave and he sent me these groups at 100 yds. They were 10 shot groups and would not cycle the rifle. He said 14.0 gr. SR4759 would cycle the rifle but the groups started opening up with anything over 10.0 gr. These were gas checked as well as powder coated. I'm going to have to look into that powder coating maybe one of these days. That's on the backmost burner right now though. It might just be the thing to add on the smidgeon I need to make the nose of my 266469 big enough to ride the lands of my rifle. The mould I used to have that did ride the lands got sold off before I got this rifle that I have now. My mind does tend to wander with the morning coffee...Say, did I ever tell you about the time...1.694" is the group size. The program takes me to this page when I try to upload a .jpg image that's way under the correct size limit. Oh well...Here's the link it takes me to.
    Last edited by Newtire; 01-18-2015 at 01:23 PM.