Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackbox
Load Data Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tin can stove with twigs for fuel

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Artful View Post
    Wife got me one of these

https://www.amazon.com/Etekcity-Ultr...canister+stove
    Etekcity Ultralight Portable Outdoor Backpacking Camping Stoves with Piezo Ignition (Orange)

• DURABLE MATERIAL: Made of aluminum alloy and stainless steel which can stand high temperature and weight
    • COMPACT AND COLLAPSIBLE: Design is perfect for ultralight camping and backpacking. Come with carrying case for enhanced portability
    • BROAD COMPATIBLITY: Compatible with any 7/16 thread single butane/butane-propane mixed fuel canisters (EN 417)
    • FLAME CONTROL: Adjustable control valve for fast maximum heat output all the way down to a simmer quickly and efficiently.
    • LEAVE NO TRACE: Adheres to "Leave No Trace" principles set forth by the US Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, and National Park Service. Burns clean, with no debris or soot left behind. 1 Year WARRANTY
    • ​Uses 10 oz canister that is rechargable per youtube

I have a couple of those.

They are surprisingly well built and work slick.

due to the design, when you are screwing them on or off of a canister they leak a bit, but with practice it is no big thing.

I have one in my primary pack right no, along with some coffee/tea, cups etc.

Banned

I've used one of these to carry another liter of water and have a hot drink or lunch on especially cold days afield for many years. It's just a purpose built can stove with nesting cup and flask - works with twigs, tabs, Sterno, and small alcohol stoves.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41JuInT4eBL.01_SL500_.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	184383Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41QSioBWHnL.01_SL500_.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	184384

An extra plastic mug saves burned lips, and a big rubber band saves game spooking rattles.

Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRxrtROI7cg

This works really well. Used this a few times. You can find everything you need while out and about. Don't have to worry about bringing one more thing with you. The more you know, the less you bring with you.

Boolit Master
    Charcoal chimneys make excellent wood burning stoves. With a small piece of mesh or some skewers you can cook on them. I'm surprised more people don't use them. I use them year-round. Very fuel efficient.

And you can move them, even when they are burning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12