RepackboxLoad DataReloading EverythingWideners
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 25-20 cases

In Remembrance

Question 25-20 cases

I get asked if I do these from time to time, so I got a few 32-20 from a member here and found a technique that works to convert them into the 25-20. Now I look into what's the average cost for these on a straight retail basis. Every place I go to is out of stock but they list the price of them right about .32-.38ea but here's the kicker. I have no idea how long they've been out of stock, so to me the price is or can be considered outdated. If I go into GB and look at what they sell for on there a person better have some strong heart meds, if that doesn't give folks a mild heart attack I don't know what will.

So what's the average price out there for 25-20 cases?

Who knows I might even start doing the 218 BEE cases if the demand is high enough...
    Click to see what I'm doing and have available, this takes you to the VS (Vendor Sponsor) section of the site. Currently..25Rem,30Rem, 32Rem, 35Rem, 257Roberts, 358Win, 338Fed, 357 Herrett, 30 Herrett, 401 Winchester, 300Sav, 221 Fireball, 260Rem, 222Rem, 250 Savage, 8mm Mauser (AKA 8x57), 25-20WCF

Annealing Services

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...php?117-Grumpa

Boolit Buddy
    Not sure what the going rate is BUT I SURE COULD USE SOME IF YOU KNOW WHERE THERE ARE ANY TO BE FOUND.Tom

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by fordwannabe View Post
    Not sure what the going rate is BUT I SURE COULD USE SOME IF YOU KNOW WHERE THERE ARE ANY TO BE FOUND.Tom
    Better be sitting down "BEFORE" you click the link:http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx...ds=25-20+brass
    Click to see what I'm doing and have available, this takes you to the VS (Vendor Sponsor) section of the site. Currently..25Rem,30Rem, 32Rem, 35Rem, 257Roberts, 358Win, 338Fed, 357 Herrett, 30 Herrett, 401 Winchester, 300Sav, 221 Fireball, 260Rem, 222Rem, 250 Savage, 8mm Mauser (AKA 8x57), 25-20WCF

Annealing Services

Boolit Master
    I have taken 32-20 brass and formed 25-20 and then formed 218 Bee. Not something I like to do.If you ever start making 218 you might keep me in mind. Depending on price i am interested..............Terry

Boolit Master Baron von Trollwhack's Avatar
    Start checking Starline regularly. You just missed by two months their running out of an entire lot of 32-20 they had back orders for. It makes very nice 25-20. Better to watch closely and check often than suffer scalpers. BvT
    Every lawbreaker we allow into our nation, or tolerate in our citizen population leads to the further escalation of law breaking of all kinds and acceptance of evil.
    Since almost all aspects of our cultural existence are LIBERAL in most states, this means that the nation is on a trajectory to dissolution by the burden of toleration and acceptance of LAWBREAKING as a norm, a trajectory back to the dark ages of history.

BvT

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Trollwhack View Post
    Start checking Starline regularly. You just missed by two months their running out of an entire lot of 32-20 they had back orders for. It makes very nice 25-20. Better to watch closely and check often than suffer scalpers. BvT
    That's exactly what I'm currently doing. Even though I placed an order they have no clue when it'll be run, even if you call them they wont know..

Annealing Services

They put out the brass in the fall. You have about three weeks to grab some.

Don't hate me, Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25-20.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	124.0 KB 
ID:	126841

Boolit Buddy
    HOLY SNIKIES BATMAN that stuff is expensive. You know it takes way more metal to make 300 savage brass so do you think my 200 rounds of empty 300 brass is worth a fortune? It's for sale or trade too.
    No Amish can't hate a guy who was prepared. I try to be but, this past weekend I had a guy accept an offer of $400 for a 1892(circa 1917). I told him before the offer it was looooooww but all I could do after Christmas. He asked me if it was for me or resale and I showed him a picture of my safe with a couple old levers in it(22 or 23 I think) and he wanted it to go to a good home. Hence my need for 25-20. 44-40 I got,32-20 I got 33wcf I got, 25-20 I don't got....yet.

Boolit Master

Well, I've got the opposite problem. Just traded my Marlin 94CL 25/20 for an equally nice 94CL in 32/20. I've got a enough 32/20 brass for load development; but a couple of hundred 25/20 cases sitting in a box with nothing to do.

What do you think... Expand up to 27 before expanding to 31 and anneal the cases during the process?
    Keep your powder dry,

Scharf

If I didn't sell them to a needy forum member, I'd fireform them in the .32-20 chamber.

Boolit Buddy
    Let me see....one member has 25-20 but needs 32-20. Another member has 32-20 but needs 25-20....

Hmmm seems like there must be a solution close by....

Ed

Maybe so close one can't see it.

Boolit Master
    I have new 32-20 brass I would trade for 25-20.

Jon
    Col 2:13-17

Boolit Master

Trade is in progress for fired cases!

I still have a bunch of unfired 25/20 cases if you're interested Jon. Send me a PM

Might still try sizing a few up just for giggles.
    Keep your powder dry,

Scharf

Remington usually make a seasonal run of the brass. Midway is expecting some on 1/19 and the are as good as anybody at getting it in stock. You can put in for a notification when it gets in. Be sure to stock up when it's available. That's what I did so I could feed my T/C carbine and pistol in .25-20.

Boolit Master
    .218 Bee on Gun Broker has been going for about $1.00 to $1.50 per new case on auctions. Totally insane.
    .25-20 is not a lot better.
    EDG

Boolit Grand Master

I feel fortunate that I was able to purchase a good supply of 32-20 brass awhile back. Stuff seems to hold up pretty well....if I don't fold it up in the sizer.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Buddy
    FWIW, Remington 32-20 brass has worked better for me than any other brand. Starline 32-20 is great brass, but when reformed in to 25-20, using the Redding form and trim die, the reformed Starline brass is roughly .015" +/- short. However, the R-P 32-20 brass(new manufacture) seems to form nicely, when using Imperial sizing die wax very sparingly, and average length of brass is anywhere from 1.322" to 1.325", which is slightly above the trim length of 1.320" according to Lyman 49th edition reloading manual. Again, YMMV and each to their own opinion, but I've ruined several dollars worth of new brass trying to figure out what works, and what don't.

bones37.

Quote Originally Posted by Scharfschuetze View Post
    Well, I've got the opposite problem. Just traded my Marlin 94CL 25/20 for an equally nice 94CL in 32/20. I've got a enough 32/20 brass for load development; but a couple of hundred 25/20 cases sitting in a box with nothing to do.

What do you think... Expand up to 27 before expanding to 31 and anneal the cases during the process?

Recommend you leave the 25-20 alone as long as possible while searching and signing up for the 32-20. A number of vendors will notify you. Just be ready to buy. Hopefully the manufacturers will get going now since they have time to make a big supply of the cases we need.

BvT
    Every lawbreaker we allow into our nation, or tolerate in our citizen population leads to the further escalation of law breaking of all kinds and acceptance of evil.
    Since almost all aspects of our cultural existence are LIBERAL in most states, this means that the nation is on a trajectory to dissolution by the burden of toleration and acceptance of LAWBREAKING as a norm, a trajectory back to the dark ages of history.

BvT

Quote Originally Posted by bones37 View Post
    FWIW, Remington 32-20 brass has worked better for me than any other brand. Starline 32-20 is great brass, but when reformed in to 25-20, using the Redding form and trim die, the reformed Starline brass is roughly .015" +/- short. However, the R-P 32-20 brass(new manufacture) seems to form nicely, when using Imperial sizing die wax very sparingly, and average length of brass is anywhere from 1.322" to 1.325", which is slightly above the trim length of 1.320" according to Lyman 49th edition reloading manual. Again, YMMV and each to their own opinion, but I've ruined several dollars worth of new brass trying to figure out what works, and what don't.

bones37.
    That's why you don't want to mix cases, as they also have different capacities and metal hardness, think annealing. Ask around here, some know this stuff and save grief in doing new stuff.

BvT

BvT