RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Wideners Repackbox

Thread: 2015 Ruger # 1 Production

2015 Ruger # 1 Production

Looks like Lipseys will be the sole supplier for 2015.

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/vie...p?f=4&t=216537

Perma-Banned

I am glad to hear this. I have a couple I am still wanting.

Boolit Master
    They still overlooked the one caliber I want ,and that is the .308 win.
    Could have bought one about a year ago at my local dealer but he had a stainless .45/70 that I wanted more.. I couldn't afford both and when I came back later it was gone..
    The 7mm/08 is a fantastic choice for this years lineup.. I really love that little round..,
    but yeah anything on the .308 case would float my boat..

Boolit Master
    The 7-08 interests me.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pressonregardless View Post
    Looks like Lipseys will be the sole supplier for 2015.

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/vie...p?f=4&t=216537

According to this link on the Ruger forum,there are new offerings for this year.Lipseys is the sole supplier.There are only two #1's that I am interested in at this time ,well three.
    The .308win,.405 win,and the 375 H&H .I already have a .405 but am looking to buy another one.

Boolit Grand Master

One in 45/70 would be nice. Out of the listings for this year, the 223 probably interests me the most. Fun lil bench gun. Anyone know what the street price will be?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by osteodoc08 View Post
    One in 45/70 would be nice. Out of the listings for this year, the 223 probably interests me the most. Fun lil bench gun. Anyone know what the street price will be?
    The price of the average new #1 is over $1000 now..

a gun store up here has 2015's coming in. one is a 7-08 1A, which I believe is the short light barreled one.

I would LOVE to have that, but the $1500 plus $125 for shipping and taxes is a little prohibitive.

considering my First and treasured 1B was $475 (back in 1986)
    I am ONLY responsible for what I Say!
    I am NOT responsible for what You THINK I Said!
    ====
    If numbers killed I'd hunt with a Calculator!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nanuk View Post
    a gun store up here has 2015's coming in. one is a 7-08 1A, which I believe is the short light barreled one.

I would LOVE to have that, but the $1500 plus $125 for shipping and taxes is a little prohibitive.

considering my First and treasured 1B was $475 (back in 1986)
    Your 86 price with inflation factored in would be about $950 today.. The last new #1 I bought was in 2013 and I paid $950 for it..

Boolit Master
    I just bought one of the Lippsies in 30-30 with the Circassian Walnut for $1450. They only made 250 of them and very few had the Circassian Walnut with the special checkering.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Highwall View Post
    I just bought one of the Lippsies in 30-30 with the Circassian Walnut for $1450. They only made 250 of them and very few had the Circassian Walnut with the special checkering.
    Excellent, congratulation's.. That should be a good cast bullet shooter..
    I grew up shooting the .30/30 ,so it has always been near and dear to my heart..
    I was just a little kid with big dreams,and that is all I had..
    Last edited by Clay M; 01-26-2015 at 10:19 PM.

Boolit Master
    Always wanted a no1. Just have too many projects going as it is. Was one my stepfather wanted too. Maybe a good reason to get one. He was a taxadermist and type 1 ffl. I remember us haing a conversation of bucket list guns sitting in the shop one evening. The number one was on both of ours. He has now passed and now I am the FFL albeit type 06. Maybe this is a good year to buy the bucket list guns. Might have to buy two of each in his honor.
    Our house is protected by the Good Lord and a gun and you might meet them both if you show up here not welcome son!

Boolit Master
    Several years ago a young fellow I think he was at a military school had one in .357 for sale, dang I wanted that rifle.
    Lucky Joe
    "There's always a way."

Boolit Bub
    glad to see the #1 staying around. I only have one that I will always have (RSI in 280, they never made them but got a 7x57 and had it "fixed"). I get lots of compliments on that one. I have a #3 in 22hornet that I need to figure out how to mount a scope on it but that's another post. Was hoping that they would keep the #1 alive for a few more years till I have my eye on another one...

Banned
    i have a 270 win in ruger #1 made in 1973. it shoots sub moa with 130gr and 150gr ballistic tips under a charge of imr4320. if i could, i would make the #1 in 38-55, 405 win, and the 338 federal.

Cheshire Oregon-Near Eugene about 60 miles from Pacific coast
    I have one in 9.3x74 and it's a great cast boolit gun. Shoots the 280gr group buy very well and tried some .375 round balls sized to .367 and they group great at 25 yards and right on point of aim. Going to try paper patching some RCBS 200 gr FN and try to make a 35 rem out of it. Should be a good short range deer load. Only problem I've had was some miss fires with one type of primer. Maybe needs cleaned or stiffer spring?

Quote Originally Posted by kweidner View Post
    Always wanted a no1. Just have too many projects going as it is. Was one my stepfather wanted too. Maybe a good reason to get one. He was a taxadermist and type 1 ffl. I remember us haing a conversation of bucket list guns sitting in the shop one evening. The number one was on both of ours. He has now passed and now I am the FFL albeit type 06. Maybe this is a good year to buy the bucket list guns. Might have to buy two of each in his honor.
    Wow, now that is from the heart, thank you kweidner. When I hear the truth, I know what I am listening to.
    Gondwana

Never give up, no obstacle is invincible, there is always a way.

Boolit Master
    I am lucky to have two #1b's one in 7mm Rem Mag and the other was also
    ''Fixed'' and turned into a 30/06 AI. Both are very accurate and I like them a whole lot...
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Bub
    If I could afford it, I would have at least a dozen of them. Right now I have a lightweight model (can't remember the name) in 7x57. It is not the most accurate rifle in the safe, but it will shoot 1" groups with several different jacketed bullets if I do my part. That's is fine for a hunting rifle. I have another one that was originally chambered in .223 Rem., but a previous owner had it rechambered to .225 Winchester. It is a heavy varmint version with a bull barrel. It will shoot one hole groups all day long with several different loads. Gotta love those Ruger #1's. I believe they are about the most beautiful rifle ever made.
    xvigauge

Boolit Master
    I regret not buying one a few years back in 300 H&H. I think that would be a good one. Never seem to have the cash.