Load DataTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackbox
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee Precision
Reloading Everything Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you load 32acp?

Boolit Master

Do you load 32acp?

I reload on a Lee Cast turret but the only way I have to get consistent powder charges is to weigh each load on a beam scale then dump in case, what a pain in the keester. I'm using a starting load of 1.5 grains of Bullseye. How are you weighing your charges?
    Last edited by Bzcraig; 01-06-2015 at 02:49 AM.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master
    I load for it and the .25 ACP using an older Pacific pistol measure with rotors. The RCBS Lil' Dandy would be comparable, but you would need a bit of glue in the cavity to shrink the charge. I thought I saw somewhere someone was making a new Lee Micro Auto-Disk piece.

Boolit Grand Master

With a Lyman 55. What is the variation in your thrown charges? Does it show up on targets?
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master
    I do with a dillon 550b and the extra small powder bar. Throws from 1-15 grains. Same load as you

Boolit Grand Master
    I don't load for the .32 ACP, yet (I'm sure I will someday), but I do load for the .32 S&W/ Long/ H&R.

I use a Lyman 55 powder measure for a lot of miniscule powder charges; but for years I used custom made dippers for small powder charges. If the Lee kit doesn't drop the exact charge I want, I make one by soldering a handle on, either a piece of brazing rod or a nail. I start with a small case that holds a bit too much and slowly trim it until it has the correct volume.

Robert

Boolit Master

Do you load 32acp?

I've also read that you can do the same to existing dippers. They are cheap enough. I think instead of trimming I've read that hot glue is added? I could be wrong.

Boolit Master
    I load .32 ACP on a Dillon 650, but I'm using Unique. It's been a while, so I can't remember the exact load -- 3 or 4 grains. When I tested how consistent the Dillon powder measure was throwing the charge, there was not enough variation to cause concern.

Considering the loads are used in a pre-WWII French "Unique" pistol that has rudimentary sights, a mediocre trigger pull, and has seen better days, I don't think variation on the target can be blamed solely on a slight variation in the charge. It's pretty much a minute-of-stop-sign pistol.

Richard

Boolit Grand Master

I load for the 32 S&W and have been weighing ever charge. IIRC it is 1.7grs of 700X. This is for an early 1900s H&R Premier top break revolver that is not very strong.
    I did recently buy the Lee Micro adjustable powder measure but have not used it yet. I wanted the micro disks but I guess they are no longer offered.
    I am going to switch the load to a powder that measures better, probably AA#2.

Boolit Master
    I thought Titan was selling the micro disk, but it may have just been some of these: http://www.ezorchid.com/CustomCast/CustomCast.htm

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    RCBS Little Dandy measure rotor #00 is 1.7 grains of Bullseye, #0 is 2 grains.

Boolit Master
    I use a lyman 55 and unique powder

Boolit Grand Master

Of course! Have a WWII era Walther PPK so have got to feed it.
    Powder charges are dipped with a little dipper I made from a 22 case, don't remember if it was a short, long or long rifle. But scoop, level and charge the case gets the job done.
    Gary

Boolit Master

You bet I do and I use a 22 short dipper that holds 2.2 gr. B'eye. I also have a shortened 22 short dipper that holds 1.1 gr. B'eye for the 23 ACP. Regards, Woody
    Take a kid along

Banned

I have loaded for .32 S&W, and I have been loading very light loads for .22 Hornet. My Lyman 55 will throw consistent charges of Bullseye as small as 1.1 grain.

Boolit Master

I use an old herters powder measure and unique.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Master
    I load the 32 ACP with powder coated lead bullets with cola can gas checks. Using W231, I made a dipper out of 22LR empty that I sanded down to the length to get the required weight.
    A small length of # 14 copper wire was soldiered to the case for a handle.

Worked well with a near constant weight for the W231 powder.

Boolit Buddy
    2.2gr unique with a old Lee dipper,

Boolit Master

The disk kit I use with my turret press using its smallest hole, this is from memory, drops 3-4 grains. So I drilled a hole in the side of the disk installed a set screw to take up space but that didn't work out because I had to run the screw in so deep powder would sit on top of the screw and thus the inconsistent weights. Guess I'll be picking up a RCBS Little Dandy or make a dipper. Thanks guys!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

In Remembrance

I don't load 32 but for small charges my Lil Dandy works great.

Boolit Bub
    I load for the 32 acp with a Dillon and use this aftermarket powder slide from Unique Tech.
    http://www.uniquetek.com/site/696296/product/T1267