WidenersReloading EverythingRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading

Thread: Another Stevens Favorite question

Boolit Bub

Another Stevens Favorite question

I have just received a nice Stevens Favorite model 1915 LR (given to me ) with a broken extractor,its broken through the pin hole and some of it is missing. In the past I have gotten parts from someone who specializes in manufacturing these parts but I no longer have his parts list or name, anyone know who he is or if he is still in business or someone else who has those parts....thanks for your help...Teddo

Last edited by 300winmag; 12-31-2014 at 03:04 PM.
    As I was told when I was a child; your elders will make you smarter if you listen. Then when you are older your elders will teach you WISDOM.
    300winmag

Boolit Master
    I would recommend "Wisner's" for a Reproduction Extractor/Ejector for your Stevens 1915 Favorite. I have bought from them many times and they provide very good products and service. You will need to have the New Extractor/Ejector fitted to your Rifle by a Good gunsmith knowledgeable in Stevens repairs.

Best Regards,
    Chev. William

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Chev. William View Post
    I would recommend "Wisner's" for a Reproduction Extractor/Ejector for your Stevens 1915 Favorite. I have bought from them many times and they provide very good products and service. You will need to have the New Extractor/Ejector fitted to your Rifle by a Good gunsmith knowledgeable in Stevens repairs.

Best Regards,
    Chev. William

Thanks for the information.....Ahhh... I are a gunsmith last time I checked......Teddo

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I have my Dad's Model 1915 Favorite - not in the best shape as it went through a fire in 1956 but I made a new butt stock for it when I was a kid and used to use it squirrel hunting.

Anyway - mine needs a new firing pin and a while back, I was running through "flea bay" and saw that a gut had firing pins (new ones). You might do a search on there for "Stevens Favorite firing pin" and find the auction site and then send him a message with an inquiry if he has any extractors.

Just another possibility . . . . good luck and enjoy that Favorite!

Boolit Buddy
    A second on Wisner. New parts and they know what they are doing. There are several different extractors and they can tell you which one you need.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by bedbugbilly View Post
    You might do a search on there for "Stevens Favorite firing pin" and find the auction site and then send him a message with an inquiry if he has any extractors.
    If you just search for "Stevens Favorite" you will find buttstocks, too.
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Boolit Master
    Teddo,
    My Apology, but in my defense, you did not say nor imply you were a Gunsmith with Experience with Stevens Favorites. Also FYI the 1915 Type can use either the Extractor or the Extractor/Ejector and I find the Extractor alone is easist to fit and use reliably in my Actions. I do switch back and forth between three basic sizes Cartridges, .22, .25, and .32 so ease of change is much desired by me.

Best Regards,
    Chev. William

PS: To keep track of which is which, I stamp one side with the Action Serial Number and the opposite side with the Caliber/Cartridge it is for. Chev. William,

Boolit Bub
    Not a problem and no offence taken. I'm now retired but I did graduate from Colorado School Of Trades back in the sixties and had a shop on and off for 25 years. I tried to specialize in American and British single shot target rifles but as anyone who had or has a shop knows the good stuff seldom walks in to the shop. Anyone who has gone to school to learn gunsmithing also knows that the true learning begins after your schooling. I would not call my self an expert in Stevens rifles, I've worked on a few in the distant past I don't remember anything strange or unusual that I couldn't handle ...

Thanks for your interest.

Regards
    Tedd Thompson

Boolit Master
    Teddo,
    By the Way, what cartridge is your Stevens 1915 Favorite chambered for?

Best Regards,
    Chev. William