Inline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad DataReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2

View Poll Results: How much would you pay to have your first car or truck back?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd pay any price! Really miss that thing.

7 7.78%
  • Good God! I paid to have it destroyed.

27 30.00%
  • No idea.

23 25.56%
  • Really WILCO? Really?

35 38.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: How much would you pay to have your first car or truck back?

How much would you pay to have your first car or truck back?

"Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Since it was an old beater that I built after my parents bought it for 20 dollars I guess I'd pay about 2000 to get it back.

1986 Chevy pick up with a nice running 350
    The only thing we are afraid of is our own abilities once you get to the point where you don't care about your abilities they become limitless

Boolit Master

I would pay $1,000, then put another couple grand into restoring it totally. Maybe more...
    1941 Buick Special 2-door w/factory dual carbs...
    But then there was the '58 Jag XK-150 Coupe - first car engine I ever rebuilt, when the timing chain broke. Climb up the ramp to I-40 in low, hit second at the top of the ramp, come out of second @ 80, hit third, come out of 3rd @110, and pull like a champ - then maturity would take over and it would be back to a sedate 70. Bought it for $435 from a mechanic who had a lien on it. Long story...
    Last edited by Echo; 12-30-2014 at 08:53 PM.
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Grand Master

$0, and I wouldn't take it if given to me. I have no desire to have a maroon 1985 Toyota Camry hatchback again. The auto industry did a terrible job of producing desirable cars when I was first learning to drive.

Nothing. Gas guzzling big block making ten times more power than any one person needs to make a beer run or drive to the gun range. Archaic technology may be simple but it's still lousy and inefficient. I loved it at the time but I've since grown up and learned better. My Toyota will still be running when engines like that are on their 3rd or 4th rebuild......and my Toyota has a 10yr 100K warranty AND it starts EVERY TIME without patting the gas, pulling a choke cable, swearing and muttering some mystic incantation.
    I used to love old cars and kept an old 'fun toy' for a long time. Now I see their real value....scrap to melt down and make a new car.

Super Moderator

Nope, nada, zilch. 1965 Ford Galaxy 500. It was good while it lasted, but I would never want it back again.

Voted "Really WILCO? Really?"

My first car was a honda civic '83 was a pretty good car but I don't miss her either, the car looked exactly like this one in the photo.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CC-60-064-800-532x350.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	125751
    Nelson

In Remembrance
    Quite a bit actually, since I have never seen another like it. I know it was not one of a kind, but they weren't popular. I would give even more to have my first car I bought after getting a DL, 69 goat convertible, would love to have it back. Gas mileage or not, I would be mashing on it.

Boolit Master

'84 Ford Tempo...

I'll pass.
    "When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan

In Remembrance
    Me thinks you guys that got your first car in the 80s, got jipped. lol

Boolit Master

Absolutely zip
    1964 Buick Electra two tone 4 door. Pass everything but a gas station, handled like a boat. Paid $365 in 1974. Drove it till after we were married, sold it for $100 in 1976.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    I had a 1968 Impala SS 427, paid 1800.00 used in 1970, it had less than 2000 miles on it.
    Only 1,778 new customers opted for the SS427 equipment package.

I heard the 427 motor was going for $50,000.00

http://www.impalass427.com/1968_SS427.htm

I have to go now and get a towel and a bucket, for the tears running down my face.

This could be it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails blu68ss427_2.jpg  
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

$0. A 1950 Plymouth that the neighbors had in a barn and gave me. The group and me had great times with it. A collector has it as part of his collection now. The collector was one of the old bunch and thought that we had to much fun while driving it that it shouldn't be scrapped.

Boolit Master

I inherited a 1970 VW Beetle convertible as my first car. I would love to have it back.
    First car I ever bought was a 1970 Jaguar XKE 2 door coupe. I'd love to have that one back also but I know I couldn't afford the insurance to drive it.

Boolit Grand Master

Would not want my first car back but would like the one I was driving when I met my wife. It was a '69 Dodge Dart 340 with 3.91 gears.
    Had 3.23 gears when I bought it and it would do 140 mph. I had 13 cars by the time I met my wife when I was 18 years old.
    The '64 Chevy Impala convertible I had but never drove when I met her would be cool to have.

Perma-Banned
    like an old Jeff Foxworthy joke, in my case it would depend on how much gas was in it.

I still have it! A'69 firebird 400 ragtop. Dad bought it new for mom in '69. I took my driving test in it in '71. I bought it from mom in '74, restored it in the early '90s. I drive it every summer on nice days.

Boolit Master
    I had a red '87 Chevy S10 blazer as a first car. I don't even remember what year it was anymore, an '87 maybe? It was not to old, but had some oil field pipe dropped on the roof before I was given it. I bet everyone wanted their first car to be on a salvage title, even if it was free. I was cutting weeds in the same pipe yard one hot summer day and all the glass started shattering. I guess they did not put the roof on right and it became the pipe yard run about. It was not worth putting every piece of glass back in it a second time.

Boolit Master
    A1958 Chevy Bel-Air with the 348, single carb, auto. paid $160 and I can't pay anything to get it back, it got scrapped when I was done with it. A friend and I each bought one about the same time, he still has his and still driving it in the summertime, I believe that was in 1964.
    Paul G.
    Once I was young, now I am old and in between went by way to fast.

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
    -- R. Buckminster Fuller

Boolit Master
    I would pay $50,000. 1952 Jag XK120 fixed head coupe. My brother paid $500 in 1964. He gave it to me when the clutch went out a few years later. I fixed it and sold it for $750. I estimate that in the condition it was in then it would now sell for $100,000.
    ph4570

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast