Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxReloading EverythingLoad DataLee Precision
Inline Fabrication Wideners

View Poll Results: How much would you pay to have your first car or truck back?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd pay any price! Really miss that thing.

7 7.78%
  • Good God! I paid to have it destroyed.

27 30.00%
  • No idea.

23 25.56%
  • Really WILCO? Really?

35 38.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How much would you pay to have your first car or truck back?

In Remembrance
    The only 427 that I have heard bring even close to that was a FORD, not a chebby. lol Even at that it was a cammer, not cheap by any means back in the day.

Boolit Grand Master

48 Plymouth with 2 leather inserts. Sold it to the chief of police for $75. He tore it down cause a mopar insert gave out. I told him I was selling it for junk with no guarentees before he took it off my trailer.
    He had it painted for free, and a reman crank installed for free. The Chief sold it to a kid who didn't know it had a high gear. Last I saw it, it was sitting on the side of I 40 (Old Fort) looking like Old Faithful.

Boolit Master

I'd. Give a decent buck for sure. 67 Chevy Chevelle. I tried to search for it about ten years after I sold it no luck. Probably saved some serious $$ because I would have likely would have done a frame off restoration.
    Jeepyj
    Sometimes it takes a second box of boolits to clear my head.
    Feed back thread http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...?261449-jeepyj

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    The only 427 that I have heard bring even close to that was a FORD, not a chebby. lol Even at that it was a cammer, not cheap by any means back in the day.
    I was told the 50k at a Harley dealership. By the Mechanics, I think there was 3 of them.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Banned
    54 Chrysler new Yorker small hemi engine but it got decent gas mileage and when a kid ran into the back end of it in his vw bug all it did was leave red paint on my rear bumper messed up the vw though. It had electric windows and it was a 6 volt system with the generator on the back end of the ps pump, the car rode really good on the highway on long trips it would start to put you to sleep if you didn't watch yourself. Yeah I would pay a couple grand to have it back it was a nice car had 278,000 miles on it when I sold it it had the adapter for using a roll of toilet paper for a oil filter.

Boolit Master
    there are a lot of cars I wish I had back. my first a 61 chevy Biscayne 2 door with 327 4 sp. the next my 64 nova I built in to a c class gasser 327 4 sp. and my 72 Pontiac trans am 1 of 83 built with the 455 ho and 400 turbo trans.

What's a 1964 442 worth that's what I drove Four barrel Four Speed Dual Exhaust = 442.

Boolit Master
    1st car was a real beauty, surprised they didn't make me pay them to scrap it!
    4th I would like to have back though, it drove and road like a dream. The gallons per mile in the city left a bit to be desired, Hwy wasn't to bad if one set the cruise control.
    "Don't worry what they think. In the end it is not between them and you, it is between you and God."

Je suis Charlie!

"You won't know until you Actually try it"

"The impossible just takes longer."

"Don't let them beat you down with their inexperience."

"You'll never accomplish what you don't try. " - Moldmaker

Perma-Banned

I'd love to have mine back. 1964 1/2 pre-production Mustang. It had a bench seat with a 4 speed dagenham transmission. Got me back and forth across country (CA to VA) many times. Raced the highway crews putting up the new 55mph signs during the 73 oil embargo on my way back to CA.

OB

[FONT=times new roman][SIZE=3]Je suis Charlie

Safeguard our way of life...Defend the Constitution against ALL Enemies, Foreign and Domestic!!!

Grouchy Old Curmudgeon

Nothing...because I still have it. A 1946 3/4 ton Chevy pickup truck. If things ever turn around for me I'll restore it. I have my first wife too....lol....not many it seems can make the claim they still have both...lol. I bought the truck with 48,000 original miles on it. The guy wanted 225 bucks. I gave him a deposit and went back the next Friday to pay him. He decided 200 was enough because it was an old truck.

Boolit Master

I'd give a bunch. It was a 1928 Ford model A - open cab roadster pickup truck. Gave $150 for it and brought it home in two loads in the back of a pickup.
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Buddy

It was a 1940 Ford convertible, dark green with a good top and rebuilt engine. I would probably pay up to $15K. Mint condition cars are up to $50K

Boolit Master
    Makes me feel old, but my first was a '48 Ford with a flathead V8 had 2 Stromberg 97's with 3sp on the column and electric overdrive.
    Had dual exhaust with glass packs. That baby could rap off. Guess it would be worth about a grand or more these days. I paid 100 runnin' good.

Boolit Master
    I've got two I'd like to have back. The first, if I could get it back in the shape it was in when I bought it and not when I sold it: '81 Jeep CJ-5, that little rascal would go anywhere you could get the front tires between or up on.... Second one I'd like to have back is a '69 Chevy PU. It still had the "window sticker" in the glove box. $2200.00 brand new in"69, three on the tree, 350, Oak floored bed. I opened my mouth and popped off a price and the ole boy took me up on it. Didn't really want to sell it, but as a man of my word I let it go down the road. I really wished I had that one back. Absolutely no rust at all on it, straight body, ran like a scalded dog.

Boolit Master
    Id payaybe a couple grand. It was a 64 chevy belaire with the 283 and three on the tree. It was a high winding boat and rode smooth. Wasnt worth a damn for handling but was a great frst car.

Boolit Master
    1949 GMC pick up full windshield not split, 5 windows total, I'd part with a couple grand for the same one.

Maybe more depending ya know.

$0 - a 60's Austin Cambridge that belonged in the junkyard long before I got it. The one I'd like back was a 66 Pontiac Catalina convertible.

Boolit Buddy
    1978 Chevy C10 longbed that my dad bought from my uncle. Uncle had bought it new with a 6.2 diesel in it. He blew the engine and dropped a 350 in it. Dad got it with the 350 and drove it for a few years before the 350 went. He parked it and mom had a used 350 and trans put in it and gave it to me for my sweet 16.

Turned 16, fired it up and drove across town with a friend of mine, got it towed back home. Guy that put the engine/trans in didn't tighten the bolts that hold those things together, and me not knowing any better a the time...

So I wound up parking it and eventually selling it for $500.

That was the first vehicle I had, and whoever has it now can keep it.

The first vehicle I had for more than a couple of hours was a 1981 F100, I bought it from a local used car dealership that my parents used. We were going down there, to my shagrin, to put a down payment on a car so I'd have a vehicle to drive to school since the C10 bit the dust. The F100 had been traded in the previous day.

It was no beauty queen, but $300 down and $200 a month for 6 months and it was mine. I'd give a couple hundred to have it back, just because I can always use another truck to run through the pasture in.
    I will fear no evil, for thou art with me.

My Feedback Thread<->http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...7793-possom813

Moderator Emeritus

$10 if I could scavenge the lead from it after we used it as a target... 1969 Old Delta 88 4 door hardtop, 455 4 barrel. *** on wheels. When it shelled the trans I limped it into a friends farm yard where we opened up on it with the guns from the trunk. We just came back from the range and were 5 miles out of town. Used the tractor to shove the carcass back into the grove where it still sits rusting away.

Boolit Buddy
    1947 Mercury 4 dr. Something always needed fixing and as soon as it was fixed, something else broke. Finaly traded it for a 1950 Merc. Would like to have that one. V-8 with overdrive. Drove it from east coast to west coast and for some years after that.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast