Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee Precision
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2WidenersLoad Data
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: Chiappa 1874 Sharps US Team Creedmoor any good?

Boolit Mold

Chiappa 1874 Sharps US Team Creedmoor any good?

I just seen that Chiappa has a 45-70 1874 sharps rifle the US Team Creedmoor, I was wondering if anybody tried one yet or has seen any review on this rifle. I got a Chiappa Lyman Ideal sharps rifle in 38-55, a few months ago. I have not shot it yet, I just got brass from starline this week. I also got to find the time to cast some bullets for it, and get a set of reloading dies. I have not heard a lot of good things about quality from chiappa. And very little about first person experiences with the lyman, or mini Sharps this company makes. There are no videos on you tube about these rifles, other than company advertisements. The US team Creedmoor is not a bad looking rifle, priced at about $1000.

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    Allow me to give you some background on the Chiappa firearms that I know about. The guns are made by Armi San Marco who does not have a great track record with many members on this forum.
    They are most likely the lest desirable Italian gun maker. The guns produced by them are known to break on less than 10 rounds fired.
    I read where the other makers approached them and requested that they have a better quality control so that it would not reflect on all Italian gun makers. I read that they did not comply with the request.
    Some of the 1874 rifles have been known to break firing pins after as little as 5 rounds. A very good friend of mine bought one for his son for Christmas a few years back and this happened to him, he was almost in tears when I told him about the guns. He returned it for a full refund.
    When Chiappa came on the scene, they made guns like the 92 Winchester, 73, and 1887 Shotgun. They raised the price on these models to the same levels that other Italian makers were getting. The only problem is that they did nothing about the quality of the parts they installed in these guns.
    Good Luck, David
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet