RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersReloading EverythingLoad DataTitan Reloading
Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carcano Moschetto questions

Boolit Bub
    id like to try to reload with the .268 hornady bullets anyone know where the best place to buy them is? I am looking into a NOE bullet mould as well

Boolit Master
    Does anybody have any in stock? Last time I picked some up last year everyone was selling blemished bullets cheap and they were only tarnished. Buffalo Arms also has an option different than the Hornady round nose everyone else carries. They offer a .258" 130 gr spire point, but it is on backorder as well.

Boolit Master
    Grafs used to be the go to for Carcano components. Might be a while before they are back in stock.
    "Don't worry what they think. In the end it is not between them and you, it is between you and God."

Je suis Charlie!

"You won't know until you Actually try it"

"The impossible just takes longer."

"Don't let them beat you down with their inexperience."

"You'll never accomplish what you don't try. " - Moldmaker

Boolit Bub
    Found a box of Hornady custom ammo (with frontier head stamp on the brass) and these have the .268 diameter bullets! I Found them at an old gun shop in Maine. When I opened the box I saw that there were two Norma 6.5 Jap Rounds in the box! That could have been dangerous for some potentially. Luckily I have a type-38 Ariska and I was needing to test fire it. Anyway we haven't shot any of these larger diameter bullets. But once it warms up I will take my beautiful Girlfriend and her Carcano (which she decided to name "Lorenzo" ) to the range. I will also post some pics of her.... I mean of her rifle and targets.

Boolit Bub
    Well the camera didn't work....but she shot lorenzo first with PPU (.264 diameter) and it shot poorly 15 inch groups. The she fired the hornady. At 20 yards she shot a thumb tack of the center of the target twice in a row. Super accurate and she isn't a terribly experienced shooter. Looks like all the reloading gear is in the immediate future.

Boolit Grand Master
    Just goes to show that even with jacketed, you still have to fit the bullet to the bore.

Trust me, the little carbine is way better than a pony. You don't have to feed and water the carbine unless she is shooting it.

Robert

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12