Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackbox
Load Data Wideners

Thread: Need some Gould boolits

Need some Gould boolits

Gentlemen, I need a little help obtaining some boolits for a friend. I got away from casting several years back and sold my HiWall 45-70 and all my moulds, etc. I gave my brass to a friend of my hunting partner who had inherited his father's modern Sharps in a 45-70. He has since been shooting it more and more and joined us on a deer hunt in Wyoming this fall. He packed that 45-70 for two days before he killed a deer even though he was getting shots at close range. I questioned him on his boolits and he had no idea what they were or from what alloy. My conclusion was like many who shoot a 45-70 they try to get magnum velocities and develop a severe case of "shoulder mirage" from the heavy recoil. For Christmas I gave him one of my recoil shields from Buffalo Arms and told him to go shoot that gun until he found a load that shot straight! I had great luck when hunting with the Gould 320 grain bullet with 20/1 alloy and was thinking that I should buy him some to try in his rifle before next fall or even for our spring boar hunt where he says that gun kills like lightning. That made me think that his boolits were pretty hard and were having good luck on the heavy armor of a boar but not opening up on the deer like I would prefer. Can somebody point me towards a source of softer lead boolits specifically for hunting. I would be willing to pay somebody to cast some if a commercial source is not available. Merry Xmas to all Tom Bulseyetom@aol.com

I tried to email but got an error message. Tom

I spelled it wrong. Congiolosicrew@aol.com