RepackboxReloading EverythingLoad DataTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline FabricationWideners
Lee Precision RotoMetals2
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: What are you carrying?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tja6435 View Post
    Attachment 146936Here's the Speed Six. Barrel says 38spl but I changed it out for an extra 357 Mag cylinder that came with the gun when I bought it. It has been beat to ****, looked like it had been run over several times while laying on a gravel road. Once I got the 357 cylinder fitted in and working perfectly, I spent plenty of hours with 3 grades of scotchbrite pads fixing the finish of 95% of the nicks/scratches/etc.
    I emailed Badger and asked if he could make a boot grip similar to the one they catalog for the GP100. He said no prob, just order the gp100 boot grip and make a note in the order that the grip is for the SS. I asked that he make the grip .20" thinner than the gp100 grip, so my wife can get a solid grip on it with her smaller hands. I did have some concern about the hammer pin falling out, but it's not going anywhere. Badger said if I had any problem with the pin, they'd cut me a new set of grips no problem.
    Once I had the grips installed and the finish fixed up, I decided that it needed a night sight on the front. I ordered a XS Sight for the sp101/jframe from Amazon for around $60 shipped and took an hour or so fitting it perfectly into the groove and getting it pinned in. The sight came with a tube of red loctite to secure the sight, but with a 10yr lifespan, I just pinned it so I can replace as needed in the future. It's super secure and loctite would make no difference.
    I really like the Security/Speed/Police Six series but I'm looking to buy the unfluted 6" GP100 for my next revolver purchase.
    Nice Rig !

Lately I have been carrying a CZ-75B 9mm. I had been carrying a Rumanian 9x18 Makarov. Decided that a might need the extra firepower.
    Listen! Do you hear it. The roar of cannons, the screams of the dying! Ahh! Music to my ears!

Boolit Master
    Usually, one of these, depending on my mood. Don't care for "boat anchors".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030397.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	171.9 KB 
ID:	147019

Winelover

Taurus 85 Ultra Lite. 38 Spl. +P Stainless. or Glock 23 .

Ruger SR9c in an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789