MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad DataTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What are you carrying?

What are you carrying?

Just curious as to what other people here are packing. I have settled on an officer 1911, glock 23, and a j frame. I like knowing that there is a lot of energy behind the 40 with my glock 23, the 1911 is a bit smaller when my pants feel a bit tighter that day, and the j frame is for a quick run to the convenience store. Please no caliber wars. I carry a 40 for many reasons, to include ease of reloading, and the lee 145 swc feeds better than the 105 swc.
    You better watch where you go and remember where you been
    That's the way I see it I'm a Simple Man. - Charlie Daniels
    For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins. -Matthew 6:14-15

Boolit Grand Master

SS Ltwt Commander primarily, sometimes KelTec P3AT, occasionally Officers ACP and S&W 342.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Frosted Boolits

Glock 29 (10mm) 85% of the time, Springfield XD Subcompact (9mm) 10% of time, and Kel-tec (32 Auto) about 5% of the time.
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

Perma-Banned

Most of the time a ruger lcp 380

Boolit Master
    Most often my Browning High Power. Sometimes a Browning BSA in 380, On rare occasions a Walther PP in .32. Don't have a revolver for carry, someday perhaps.
    Paul G.
    Once I was young, now I am old and in between went by way to fast.

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
    -- R. Buckminster Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by IllinoisCoyoteHunter View Post
    Glock 29 (10mm) 85% of the time, Springfield XD Subcompact (9mm) 10% of time, and Kel-tec (32 Auto) about 5% of the time.
    Does the bigger slide seem to be too much on ocassion? I was considering a glock 30, but even the 23 slide is big compared to a 1911.
    For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins. -Matthew 6:14-15

Boolit Man
    S&W M&P 40 compact most every day.

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    Sig P290RS-EDC 9mm or Ruger LCP .380 depending on how I'm dressed
    Shoot'em If You Got'em...

Mostly an officers model. occasionally my 9mm HP.

Boolit Master

Glock 23 and an XD Sub both .40s are rotated. I like my 40s due to capacity and performance, but they are also comfortable and reliable.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

A commander 1911 about 70%
    xd service 9mm about 20%
    keltec p3at about 10%

good holsters and a solid belt go a LONG ways !

Ruger lcrx 38 special. Also have a hammerless sp 101 357 with a trigger job and front night sight. But I like the lcrx so well that the sp 101 stays home most of the time. Al
    NRA Life Member

Guns have two enemies Rust and Politicians

I was considering a magwell for my OACP, until I realized how much better it conceals compared to my g23.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonz View Post
    Sig P290RS-EDC 9mm or Ruger LCP .380 depending on how I'm dressed
    Very rarely do I wear something other than a t shirt and jeans. I took the wife out, in a nice polo and slacks, and I just could not conceal my OACP or g23, got stuck with the j frame. No complaints though, they are great revolvers.l, and I don't feel undergunned with one.

Frosted Boolits

Does the bigger slide seem to be too much on ocassion? I was considering a glock 30, but even the 23 slide is big compared to a 1911.
    As stated above a GOOD belt and a GOOD holster can make a world of difference. I use a Crossbreed SuperTuck. The weight isn't bad, but takes a bit to get used to (I carry 135 grain Noslers HPs, not 180 grain HPs which helps with weight). The width of the slide for me, is a non-issue. Dimensionally, it feels the same as carrying my Springfield SubCompact 9 (also in a Crossbreed ST). Of course the Glock weighs a bit more. I carry in the 4-4:30 position.

My everyday routine is very rough on my carry gun. I manage a nursery (trees, plants, etc). My day consists of operating Bobcat skidloaders, loading plants and trees, selling to customers, and just general labor around the sales yard. Conditions can be very dusty, muddy, dirty...you get the point. I work outside all the time. The Glock 29 is very comfortable and I forget it is even there. It conceals very well, even with the pierce pinky extension.

I bought my dad a Glock 30 and a Crossbreed holster too. He is a retired LEO that is used to carrying a S&W 9mm in his waistband with no holster (he is old school). He really likes the G30 and the Crossbreed holster.

I also carried the G29 in my waistband for a long time. Believe it or not it is very comfortable too.

Man, that was long-winded....OP, sorry about the thread diversion.
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

Boolit Buddy

glock 20, IWB. Every day, all seasons.

I'm a firm believer in Crossbreed holsters
    Great Christian outfit that's made in AMERICA !

Love Life
    Usually a Colt Commander, but on those quick trips I take the J-frame airweight. I also rotate a Glock 21 Gen 4 into my winter wardrobe, and on occasion in warm weather if I'm rocking the Hawaiian shirt. The Glock 21 is very comforting and surprisingly not that hard to carry concealed even under lighter clothing. The j-frame disappears in the pocket, and the Commander conceals like nobody's business.

A very good belt and holster are paramount to good concealed carry. I also carry all day when I am home as well and this has taught me how to sit and move without printing, shirt riding up, etc.

Boolit Man
    Concealed carry is XDS 45acp or S&W 1911 45acp (commander size) . . . Woods/Trail carry is Ruger .454 SRH Toklat or 5" .44 SBH.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Taurus 85, 38sp+P.
    Fits in any pocket, even a flannel shirt pocket and is extremely comfortable to carry.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast