Lee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad DataWideners
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication

Thread: Noe 311-180 fn

Boolit Master

Noe 311-180 fn

Wondering if anyone who picked up this mold last year can report their experience with this boolit. Have looked at the drawings - But would also like to know what weight and diameter it drops at with any given alloy. Meplat diam. as dropped as well. Looks like a natural for 30-06, 30-40 Krag and maybe 303 Brit if bore diameter is not too large. Appreciate any responses
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master
    I have the plain base version of that mould, and without lube weighs 184.6 grains cast with a 30:1 alloy and the measures .301" on the nose and .311" on the base.

Banned

I have the GC and weighs 188-189gr with an alloy of 16 lbs of coww and 1.5 lb litho. Me and a couple others made it for the 308 Win. Al took the (sammi?) drawing of the throat into account when he drew it up. If you search this site and NOE's forum I have done a little bit of testing with my 308. Winter has really slowed me down of testing. But so far it is doing well. The fastest I ran it up to is 2400 fps in a 10 twist. I am not the greatest cast bullet reloader, but I feel it can be a good shooter if attention to detail is taken. I am working on that, but pain gets in the way for me and I just give up and cast and shoot.

DOC, have you shot any of these yet? No one really has posted anything about this except me.

Boolit Master

Anyone know the meplate diam. as cast. Drawings show .190 - Wondered if they might drop a little larger. Seems like this would be a good bet for a run of .314 and .316 for larger bore 30-40 Krag and .303 Brits. Like to see it in an RG format as well.
    Being human is not for sissies.