WidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackboxReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee Pro 4 20# Bottom pour pot to someone in need

Frosted Boolits

Lee Pro 4 20# Bottom pour pot to someone in need

I have a Lee 20# bottom pour pot I no longer use and would like to give to a fellow member. This pot will go to a member that does NOT already have a furnace. This means if you literally use fire, a pot, and a ladle to cast, then you are eligible for this pot. You are NOT eligible if you already have a furnace (even if you still ladle cast). To be eligible just briefly describe your casting set up. On the day after New Years (Jan 2) at 8:00 pm CST, I will assign all those eligible a number. I will then use a random number generator to select a winner.

Furnace is 110 and will ship USA only. Thanks!
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

I've got to say very nice of you. I've got a 10 lb pot or I'd throw my name in.

dang year late for me Wife upgraded me for x-mas last year

Nice offer. what generous folk around here.

I would like to be added to the drawing. My current casting set up involves a 30 minute drive to my mentor's shop. I have be collecting moulds for the different calibers I shoot. If I were to try casting here it would be with an old camp stove and my grandmother's cast iron dutch oven. I do have a ladle so that is a plus!
    Start CASTING or get off the POT!

Boolit Buddy
    I was casting for my 30-30, 9mm and 12 gauge slugs until my pot quit working. Waiting until I can afford another to get back to casting again.

I still cast over fire with a ladle. I do not have a furnace.
    If my name goes in and is picked, I will PIF a boolit casting starter kit for .38/357.

Jim

Boolit Man
    Wow, very nice gift ICH. I have one already & hope it goes to someone that really needs it.

Boolit Mold

Lee Pro 4 20# Bottom pour pot to someone in need

don't know if you've made your choice yet, but I'm just starting in the casting hobby. I've got one mould for 230g RN bullets for my .45. I've found one garage that'll give me wheel weights, but i've realized I'll need to turn to my recycling center to pickup lead. I've been collecting pots to convert the raw lead into ingots in the spring. A bottom pour pot would be a hell of an improvement over what I have now...

Thanks...
    StogieRob

PS: I'm also in Illinois... Oswego...
    Last edited by stogierob; 12-23-2014 at 09:49 AM.

Very generous of you. I ladle cast over a turkey fryer but I'll let this one go to someone else. I rather enjoy the ladle casting.

Man this site is awesome.
    The only thing we are afraid of is our own abilities once you get to the point where you don't care about your abilities they become limitless

Very nice yotehunter, I bought one of these as my first furnace last year. Sorry to clutter but wanted to commend you on your generosity.
    To much work, not enough time for guns.

Boolit Master

Wow, That's really nice I don't need it myself but I have a son that could use it he's just getting started with casting he'll get my pot someday but I hope to use it a little while longer before I cash in, I've rounded up a sizer and a couple of molds with handles for him but I still got a few more items to go He and his young wife are keeping about water now so he don't have extra's for stuff like this,when he gets out of school or pays back his school loans he might be able too start collecting the stuff need to enjoy this crazy hobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Bub
    I'd like to be in on it. Been using a camp stove and small pot way too long.

Boolit Bub
    I would like my name added as I have been using a coleman camping stove and a cast iron pot and a large cheap metal spoon to cast my boolits with.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dcryder View Post
    I would like my name added as I have been using a coleman camping stove and a cast iron pot and a large cheap metal spoon to cast my boolits with.
    Oohh, I feel your pain. Same setup I use, but I won't add my name because I have a new lee 20 here with a PID inbound.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Boolit Master
    Brass Magnet sent me a Lyman mold for Christmas. I don't have a pot yet and have been keeping my eye out for one. Not new to shooting or loading, but haven't cast my first boolit yet. I'm trying to fix that real soon. I've got lead, and something to shoot it with, just not something to melt with. If you could put me in the drawing?

Boolit Buddy
    Put me in the running. I am still working with the cast iron pot on a camp stove. I also have a flip phone.

Bob

Boolit Bub
    I would like to be included in the drawing. I do not currently have a casting set up, but what I learn to cast over a Coleman but laddle.

My new 20# just came the other day so I have no need for this but like to say two things: 1. This is very generous of Coyotehunter and 2. Please, please minmax, don't ruin you Grandmothers cast iron dutch oven!!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pigboat View Post
    My new 20# just came the other day so I have no need for this but like to say two things: 1. This is very generous of Coyotehunter and 2. Please, please minmax, don't ruin you Grandmothers cast iron dutch oven!!
    I agree! Don't ruin a family heirloom!
    I find those at thrift stores and yard sales! Cheap, too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast