RepackboxRotoMetals2Inline FabricationReloading Everything
WidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision

Thread: trying to get my Rolling Blocks ROLLICKING!!!....or ROCK my Rolling Blocks Socks!!

Boolit Bub

trying to get my Rolling Blocks ROLLICKING!!!....or ROCK my Rolling Blocks Socks!!

So here I am again folks....having a touch of Rolling Block BLOCK

So my first rolling block and most forgotten....doesn't even have a breach block. Its a saddle ring carbine model...I think No .1 or is it a No.5? It has the hole in the barrel thread area for a sliding extractor and is color case hardened on the receiver and trigger guard...could be 1897.....I believe it was from a rifle chambered in .43 Spanish. It is just an action but is missing this breach block entirely and mainspring....

then I have an battered egyptian police rolling block with no mainspring, broken firing pin, no rear sight assembly and buggered up screws and broken/cracked stock.....

I of course already know of Mr. Womack...but my problem is why can't I find RB parts anywhere else? Not that I don't want to go through him...I just don't understand why these parts are so dang hard to find. I will probably get all the parts for the egyptian through him but I should be able to find the block somewhere? Anyone have any suggestions??? I just want to get these guns working agian.

Thanks
    Jonnytoobad

if you find the parts ... why not just order them and get on with the projects? sometimes there are parts on fleabay but you kinda gotta know what the part looks like you need as there are folks there that just disassemble rifles and scatter the parts for resale and mostly don't know what fits what.

at least MR Womack is understanding of the needs and is a source for a phone call for advise.

Perma-Banned

I have a rolling block parts gun myself. It is complete minus the rotary extractor and breechblock. The barrel is really good in this one. I have not done a chamber cast yet but think it is probably a spanish gun.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    ...but my problem is why can't I find RB parts anywhere else?
    S&S Firearms ... http://www.ssfirearms.com/
    Regards
    John

I made a breach block from a piece of steel with a hacksaw, milling machine and dremel for a Swedish 12 mm but it was no quick task. turned out pretty good though.

hey, watch where ya point that thing!

Boolit Bub
    I was thinking of making one since I could copy the existing one that is in my Egyptian.

I have talked to Mr. Womack and he is a Straight shooter, maybe send him an email. Something needs to happen with these old guns.

Boolit Bub

Here you go, Rolling block 1 stop shopping.

www.rollingblockparts.com/

Good luck,