WidenersRepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad DataReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Star Lubesizer ---quick lube change ????

Boolit Buddy
    I decided today to change lubes in my Star.

I have Kyle's air pressure system, but I'm sure just cranking down the screw would work as well.

I have a heater, so I turn that on. Get it nice and warm. I then take my heat gun and heat up the reservoir; I want the lube to be able to flow well.

After maybe 4 minutes, the heater has warmed the lower extremities of the Star. I then remove the brass screw, and the old lube starts coming out.

I timed it today; 7 minutes from a warm start to cleaned out and new lube in the reservoir.

Boolit Master
    I have and use 3 Stars for this reason but it is pretty easy to leave the factory air unit on(under pressure) with out a bullet blocking the lube holes, should empty pretty quickly, oh and heat should be on as well.

Moderator Emeritus

For a jocund side-note here -- if one doesn't care to empty lub: I did a batch of 600 handgun boolits a while back -- think (?) they were Accurate moulded 10mm's -- and just about ran out of the black lub I had in it. Rather than melt/clean, I just added the new -- Lyman Orange Magic -- lub. At the end of my siz/lub process of SIX HUNDRED boolits -- the filled grooves were still multi-colored. This "taught me" two things: How little lub goes a lonnnnng way; and -- yeah -- *I'll* never be thaaat lazy in future. Well, I don't know about "never" -- but I haven't mixed lubs im any of my three Star's since...
    geo

Great tip you guys,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12