Titan ReloadingLoad DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new pellet rifle !!!!!!!!!!!

Boolit Master

My new pellet rifle !!!!!!!!!!!

I have been busy and not posted on here in a while. My RAW TM1000 vertical came in. It has a Sightron 10-50x60 target dot. Gun is great to shoot off hand. Have not had much time with it but coke cans off hand at 70 yds don't stand a chance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6426.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	124738

Banned

Nice rig. Air guns are becoming more and more appealing to me lately.

Boolit Master

like the colors of the stock. All of it looks great
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Is it regulated?
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries

Boolit Grand Master
    Did I get that right? Fifty power scope? I imagine it's pretty dim at that power level no matter how big the objective if'n it isn't high noon with the sun reflecting off everything.

Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    Nice rig. Air guns are becoming more and more appealing to me lately.
    A lot of folks are seeing the value of them. Buy what you can now, before the demand goes big.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Vendor Sponsor

Fine looking rifle right there
    I have a Marauder 25 that on a fairly calm day I can hit 12 and 20 OZ co2 bottles at 100 yds ..
    Hi end air guns have come a Long Long way in the past few years
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Perma-Banned

ok, I am officially jealous. That thing looks awesome

I shoot a Diana 48 side cocking lever and they are fantastic . I have killed pigeons at a lazer measured 64 yds. if I would of known air guns were this good I would have got into them 40 yrs ago

Boolit Master
    My neighbor and I have really gotten into air guns lately. We find them to be more challenging than PBurners even at close range. The low cost of ammo and available back yard friendly ranges are a real plus. The downside is the cost of a quality air rifle. A good one will range from 350 to whatever you want to spend. It is amazing that the calibers run from .177 to .50 cal. These are not your kids 'BB' guns!

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Silverboolit View Post
    My neighbor and I have really gotten into air guns lately. We find them to be more challenging than PBurners even at close range. The low cost of ammo and available back yard friendly ranges are a real plus. The downside is the cost of a quality air rifle. A good one will range from 350 to whatever you want to spend. It is amazing that the calibers run from .177 to .50 cal. These are not your kids 'BB' guns!
    I totally agree with you about the high cost of a good one. On the flip side though you save a ton of money shooting them compared to the cost of ammo and/or components. Also, like you said, you can shoot an airgun in a lot of places you can't shoot a powder burner, and that goes for hunting too. Furthermore, I think my airgun is more accurate than most of my powder burners. So they can be pricey but I think they're worth every penny.

Boolit Master
    I guess I could have put more info in my first post. The gun is set up for Air Rifle Silhouette and will double as a FT target gun. The 50x is only used to range find. I shoot offhand at 24x. Takes some getting use to but really lets you hit small targets. I will say that the single target dot is not as fun at long distance. The scope is clear all the way to 50X and the 1/8 target dot is not easy for everyone to see. It is perfect for me as a silhouette gun but everything else is a compromise

Boolit Buddy
    What are you using for an air source - 3000 PSI tanks or ?. refilling?

I have a Marauder and using 3000 tanks (I SCUBA too...)

Geoff in Oregon

The thing about Airguns of today is that they are pretty finely tuned pieces of machinery. I bought my first one a Weihrauch 35 in 1976. it is still just as powerful as it was back then.

A quality Air Rifle will easily outlast a man and can be passed down or sold for as much as you've got into it.

I had a FWB 300 once,,, Traded it to my dentist for a gold crown. big mistake. The advertised action life of one of those guns was 6 million cycles!

You'd have to get up real early in the morning everyday of your life to wear one of those out!

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

High end air rifles come with high end price tags now days. It is easy to spend a grand on a PCG air rifle. Then you need a good scope for $500 and up, after that you need a scuba bottle metal approx $250 light weight carbon approx $750 after that you need a scuba adaptor for around $100 bucks. After you add up all the cost and then divide it by 25 to 30 years that you shoot it, it still becomes a great value. Mine is the most accurate gun I own. I have had so much fun with mine for the last 5 years I feel I all ready got my money's worth.

GARD72977 What a beauty, I can see how you would be very proud of that. Looks like a nice scope. Is the bbl carbon fiber? Is your gun a single shot or repeater and what caliber is it?
    "Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." John Wayne

Boolit Buddy
    Same here. First thing I learned was how crappy the Crossman pellets shot when I was a kid. RWS or Beeman consistently shoot "one holers" at 25 feet at 950 fps, that's less than the 1100 fps spec. The Gamo, or RWS really are amazinly accurate and a real joy at about $300 total. -tj

Boolit Buddy
    Anyone try out Chinese made Beemans. I see they're about $100. cheaper than RWS or Gamo. -tj

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by tjones View Post
    Same here. First thing I learned was how crappy the Crossman pellets shot when I was a kid. RWS or Beeman consistently shoot "one holers" at 25 feet at 950 fps, that's less than the 1100 fps spec. The Gamo, or RWS really are amazinly accurate and a real joy at about $300 total. -tj
    I picked up a Mendoza (Mexico) break-barrel .22cal pellet rifle at an auction recently. It will run lead pellets close to the 1000fps mark and is amazingly accurate out to at least 50 yards.
    I haven't tried it out past that distance yet, but for $100 I'm more than just pleased with my purchase.

BTW- Until I saw this rifle on the table at the auction, I didn't even realize Mendoza made air-guns.
    It is supposed to be a family operation. I just wonder if they have ties to the Mendoza drug cartels.

Boolit Master

tjones the Crosman pellets of your childhood days are a far cry from the new ones. Try the ones in the tins marked "Premier". They are very accurate if your gun likes them.
    Proud member in the basket of deplorables.

I've got the itch, but don't got the scratch.

I agree my guns shoot best with Crosman premier pellets. I have bought all kinds of Beeman and RWS sample packs and the most accurate for me were the Crosman.
    "Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." John Wayne

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast