WidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: In praise of Dillon Precission

In praise of Dillon Precission

My Square Deal has been in use for years, I am sure I have load close to 20 thousand rounds with it.
    I bought it cheap second hand 20 years ago in 1994 from a full time pro competition shooter and I believe he has load over 20 - 30 thousand rounds on the same machine.
    Since I loads 38 SPL and 357 Mag (and 45 ACP back when they are legal in Oz), I have changed caliber often.
    Due to the frequency of changes, the thread that goes on the powder thrower is now stripped and the powder silo is perching precariously on the machine with chance to jump off if the bolt goes loose.

I was browsing on some site and read that Dillon have great warranty.. so on a whim I thought to write an email to them.
    That was 2 weeks ago, and I have not received any reply from them since. ..
    I thought oh well, like most of the other USA warranty provider the Blue Machine warranty might not cover overseas delivery.

So I might have to suck it up and either buy a new part or machine one out, I have CNC mill and the critical geometry is quite simple so it should not be too difficult. I was planning to machine the part on the new year.

Today, out of the blue.. I received a package!
    Bloody awesome!!

THANK YOU - DILLON Precision !!

Boolit Master

That does not surprise me any. They stand behind their machines. They have replaced parts that I screwed up, knowing they should never break or wear out, even after I offered to pay for them.

Awesome company. Awesome people.

LOL Alvarez Kelly
    mate, I think a couple of years ago I almost bought one of your Square deal in the exchange too..
    But the deal did not go ahead due to the Paypal thingy.

My many experiences with Dillon have been good! They have replaced parts I broke that should not have broken.
    PJ

Boolit Master

My Dillion started life as a standard 450 nearly 35 years ago. It has been upgraded for free several times. Auto powder, auto prime all at no charge. In the hundreds of thousands of rounds I've loaded I've wore out and busted many parts some by my own abuse. All parts have always been promptly replaced. No questions asked. Many times fine working parts were replaced just because they touched or were hooked to a broken part. I'm not bashing any other company's machines. (I sure got Poo Pooed the other day when I politely recommended a Dillon over a brand X) It's just that I've rarely been as impressed with a company's workmanship, warranty or customer service. Their are plenty of Blue Haters here but this has been my experience.
    Last edited by Loudenboomer; 12-18-2014 at 10:21 PM.

Boolit Master
    I got lazy about 10 yrs. ago and got my second 550b so I could do small primers on one machine and large on the other ....

Banned

My 1050 is great, service is great.

Boolit Master
    Dillon takes a second seat to NONE in progressive reloading.
    Dillon brought quality high-production into the hobbiest realm while most established companies offered only single-stage, except Star (which wasn't affordable to most shooters).
    It was also Dillon's idea to offer a "No BS, Unconditional Lifetime Warranty" some 35 years ago that FORCED the bigger guys (RCBS, Hornady, Lyman,...) to follow suit and really try to warranty their products as well.
    Trashing Dillon is simply displaying ignorance.... Argueing the point is simply displaying stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Loudenboomer View Post
    My Dillion started life as a standard 450 nearly 35 years ago. It has been upgraded for free several times. Auto powder, auto prime all at no charge. In the hundreds of thousands of rounds I've loaded I've wore out and busted many parts some by my own abuse. All parts have always been promptly replaced. No questions asked. Many times fine working parts were replaced just because they touched or were hooked to a broken part. I'm not bashing any other company's machines. (I sure got Poo Pooed the other day when I politely recommended a Dillon over a brand X) It's just that I've rarely been as impressed with a company's workmanship, warranty or customer service. Their are plenty of Blue Haters here but this has been my experience.
    Last edited by cainttype; 12-23-2014 at 12:00 PM.