MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyWideners
Load DataRepackboxInline FabricationLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading

Thread: Rossi question.

In Remembrance

Rossi question.

What do used rossi m92's typically sell for? This one happens to be stainless and 44 mag.

Boolit Master
    I just bought a blued 16" 45 Colt for $429. Stainless seems to add $50 and 44 Mag seem a little more available than 45 Colt.

Used? What your willing to pay for it. $300 - $375 seems a reasonable range.
    Last edited by RPRNY; 12-17-2014 at 01:10 AM.

In Remembrance
    Ok, That is in line with what I was thinking. A guy is asking 350 obo for one, I was thinking of offering him 300, but am not real interested in it, and so far have not done it.

Boolit Master
    Honestly if it is one of the "new" rossi's with the safety on the top of the bolt yeah I would stick around my $300 mark maybe a wee bit more since you are not super interested in it. If it is one of the "old" rossi's that doesn't have the safety on top of the bolt I would put a little more out and hang onto it just in case you ever wanted to resell it down the road. Be aware some of the newer ones have a mod that removes the safety and makes it LOOK like a screw on top of the bolt. The old ones are just a nice clean bolt on top.

GoodOlBoy
    Yes I can be long winded. Yes I follow rabbit trails. Yes I admit when I am wrong. Your mileage may vary.

Keep your powder dry. Watch yer Top knot.

"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!"

Yes there were "Short" 45 Colts! http://www.leverguns.com/articles/taylor/45_short_colt.htm

In Remembrance
    If they are in the neighborhood of 429 new, I am not very interested in it at 300. I would not mind picking up a 357 for the wife, but not interested in another 44.

I'd be willing for go $375 on something of that nature.

Boolit Master
    I just looked at a brand new Rossi 92 stainless carbine in 44 mag. They had a $560 price tag on it. That was in central Michigan at a large sporting goods store. They typically have prices competitive with everyone else.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

Boolit Bub
    Blued 44mags are going to be just shy of the $500.00 mark. A SS model is going to creep up to the $550.00 mark. This is for new. Prices will vary a little based on barrel length and round or octagon barrel.

Boolit Buddy

$350.00 in a small local gun shop would not be unreasonable, in good condition. A private sale should be able to be acquired for little less. The 44 magnums seem to be more common in the marketplace, and therefore seem to draw a little less interest. At least that's been my experience in my area. The .357's seem to command a little higher price due to lack of availability.

Boolit Master
    I paid $300 for a used 20" SS .45 Colt 2-3 years ago, and $450 for a new 20" SS .357 about 6 months before that. I haven't seen a used one for at least a year now, and new SS ones seem to go for just over $500 here.
    I passed my last psych eval, how bout you?

Boolit Master

When I was a dealer I would pay 150-190 for any Rossi more no money to make especially with any problem with them.

Hey pard, I have to play devil's advocate. I'm not a fan of those Rossi's in terms of quality. One of my friends bought one and the magazine tube blew off *using factory ammo*. If you get one, use .44 Special or magnum "cowboy action" loads only.

On the other hand, just buy a Marlin

In Remembrance
    But I already have a winchester, now I have to buy a marlin?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    But I already have a winchester, now I have to buy a marlin?
    You've got to own a Marlin. Very important. Then you can have viable, if inconclusive, opinions in the Marlin vs Winchester debates while exercising absolute moral superiority in any Rossi debate.

In Remembrance
    Well I have a marlin too, but it is 45 colt, can I count that, or should I really just get off the bucks and get another marlin? lol

I wasn't really looking for, or wanting a 44 mag when I ran across the win. I seriously debated giving it away for a christmas presant, but I just picked up a beautiful accurate mold for it, that I have to use. lol
    If I happenned to run across an octagon barrelled marlin, well that would be a different story. lol

Boolit Bub
    I just got a blued 20" for $375 out the door new. I think I nearly stole it, though.

In Remembrance
    375 is what I paid for my winchester, with a williams peep, used of course. At least that is how I figured it as he also had a 30/30 and dropped 50 bucks of the price for a package deal. I gave the 30/30 away after swapping the sights, so I guess I really have 650 in the 44. lol

Boolit Grand Master

I don't have (or want) a 43 caliber mould but if it was a 45 or a 357 I'd be interested in a blue one in the $300-350 range. I don't much care for stainless rifles but I could live with it in a Rossi.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

In Remembrance
    Well I have a nice mold for the 44, but also have a rifle. I would have been more interested in it, had it been a 357, which I don't have, but would like one for the wife.

Banned

New Rossi 92s go for $550 here in So Cal.