RepackboxReloading EverythingLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading

Thread: Cfe black

Boolit Buddy

Cfe black

Now what do I do with the 24# of 1680 I bought before the election

Hodgdon
    ® releases CFE BLK

Hodgdon, The Brand That’s True®, is excited to announce the release of CFE BLK™, a new Spherical powder specifically formulated for the .300 AAC Blackout cartridge. CFE BLK joins the Hodgdon CFE™ family of CFE 223™ and CFE Pistol™.
    This new powder provides full function of AR-type rifles throughout the range of bullet weights, and is perfect for those subsonic
    Copper Fouling Eliminator, Ball Powder for Great Metering reduced loads. In addition to being the perfect solution for the .300 Blackout, it performs beautifully in many smaller capacity cartridges, in particular, varmint cartridges such as the .17 Hornet, .17 Ackley Hornet, .218 Bee, .221 Fireball and many more. It also yields top performance in the 6.8 Remington SPC and the 7.62X39 MM Russian cartridge. This fine powder meters like a dream and leaves no copper residue, extending accuracy for longer shooting periods, and making clean-up quick and easy. It is truly a remarkable new propellant!
    This new powder will be available in January 2017 in one-pound (1lb) and eight-pound (8lb) containers at quality reloading powder dealers.
    Complete load data for this versatile and useful propellant will be accessible December 2016 on the Hodgdon Reloading Data Center at www.HodgdonReloading.com.
    "The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master
    I guess you use your 1680 for cast booties and then you don't need the copper erasing agent.

Boolit Master
    That 1680 is great stuff. Stick with it.

Boolit Grand Master

Hodgdon"s has come out with several new powders lately as has Alliant. Must be the EPA stuff.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Buddy

Yes it is,I push just about everything in 300 blk. with it.
    Powder is getting like T.V. use to be when I was a kid,Three choices then,now there are hundreds.Gonna need a bigger powder locker along with a bigger gun rack.
    None of this happened until I came to this site.
    Quote Originally Posted by marlin39a View Post
    That 1680 is great stuff. Stick with it.
    "The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Grand Master

Wonder who's making this for them. Lovex already had a powder specifically for the Blackout. Bottle also says it's optimized for subsonic. Sounds like it needs heavy bullets to achieve a complete burn.

Thanks for posting. By the time I get everything else purchased for loading 300 blackout, maybe I can find some of this, or some 1680.

Wonder if this is what they ditched Lil'Gun for?
    When dealing with islam one should always ask themselves: "What would Leonidas do?"

Boolit Grand Master

They didn't stop making Lil'Gun. It's issues have been known for a long time but many have chosen to ignore them.