Reloading EverythingLoad DataLee PrecisionWideners
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: Hog leg Grip Form

Boolit Buddy

Hog leg Grip Form

In the past I have struggled with hog legs rolling in my hand and biting me. I have smallish hands for a guy and have always used my whole grip on the revolver grip. Well today I was shooting my Flat Top 45 and warmed up with my Single Six. I tried a grip recommended to me by 44man (and I am sure others). I gripped the revolver to the point just before shaking using a lower hand position with my index finger perfectly horizontal to the trigger and my pinky curled under the grip.

With the Single Six, my groups did not diminish or shift so I tried the 45. The FlatTop did not roll on me anymore. I was better able to follow through my shots and my confidence grew each shot.

I will be using this grip from now on!
    Last edited by FlatTop45LC; 12-12-2014 at 09:46 PM.

Pinky under helps. I add to it a set of "BearPaw" Grips.

Kevin
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? (Sgt. Oddball, KELLY'S HEROES)
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    my feedback thread
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

Banned

Good to hear and you will not have the pain a "roll" can make. the gun with any grip should never move in your hand and it will eliminated the rubber skin eat off too. Just let the recoil bring up your arms without slipping or twisting.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I have smaller hands as well and had a problem with my Ruger New Vaquero with the stock grip panels - I picked up a used set of Eagle "gun fighter" grips and put them on the NV - the grip panels are shaped in kind of a "stepped" profile that naturally places my hand in that position - improved my shooting with the NV 100%.