RotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Load DataReloading EverythingRepackboxLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RCBS A4 Big Max Universal Shell Holder woes

Boolit Master
    Scroll down to page 5 of the PDF for a photo of the Special Duty Kit. I thought it might be good to copy this but bend the top of the handle back behind the press about 4 to 6 inches. When pushing the handle down to full stroke the bend would not require you to lean down as far.
    Such a bent back handle would have to be long enough to clear the longest dies installed in the press.

http://www.rcbs.com/RCBS/media/RCBSM...structions.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by 1BigassTxn View Post
    Does anyone have a design for differnt handle?
    EDG

Boolit Mold
    I have 4 different handles for mine. I have 1 stock, 1 stock with a Dillon roller in it, 1 longer handle with a 90 degree bend and a shorter handle, about 12 in. long or so for pistol stuff. I never use the L shaped handle as I have found no advantage to it. My normal handle is the stock one that has a Dillon roller fit to it, very smooth and easy on the hands. The shorter handle I made out of a complete Dillon roller handle that I re bent and shortened.
    Last edited by renegade99; 11-15-2016 at 06:36 PM.

Has anyone tried to make an after market spent primer catch, I've never seen the original primer catch bottle and wouldn't mind having something other then a plug or trash can underneath

Also if anyone has a universal automatic she'll holder they wouldn't mind selling I'd be intrested

Boolit Mold
    Hello there Mr. Illinois coyote hunter ! rcbs mentioned to me that you may now be making the A4 shell holder.
    If this happens to be true ? I would certainly like to purchase one. The A4 is awesome, I have 4 of them, 2 which only have the universal holder, hence no good for re sizing the 6 dasher brass. freshwoods7@yahoo.com Thank You Sir, frank

Frosted Boolits

Hi Frank,

Yes I am! I am in the middle of a batch right now...among other things like work and life LOL! I am making a larger batch so I will "put you on the list". There will be plenty to go around. I will let you know when they are finished. Thanks!

BTW, no payment needed. Do me a favor nd go on my vendor sponsor page and post you want one. That helps me keep track. Here is a link : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...apter-Drawings

Thanks!
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

Boolit Mold
    I threaded the bottom of the ram on my Big Max and screwed a 45 degree elbow with a hose barb on it, put on a 2-3ft long pc of hose and put the end in a 5 gal bucket, takes forever to fill that. If memory serves I believe I threaded the ram 3/8 NPT, but it could have been 1/2.

Boolit Mold
    I know this is an old post, but I am in need of an shell holder adapter for a Big Max press also. Any idea of where to get one? IllinoisCoyoteHunter has a full message box so I am assuming he is not available. I also can't get the link to the drawings that he mentions to work.

Thanks,
    Bruce

Banned

He has a lot on his plate. He helped me out when I asked him for an A2 adaptor. He made a few and sold them to other members who had A2s. I have a Big Max and was just waiting on this. All of this requires patience. Hopefully he will be back soon. You juxt need to do a search as the information in the link is still here.

Boolit Mold
    I keep trying to click on the link and get a page that says "vs are restricted to where they can post..." Can't seem to get around that.

Boolit Master
    I think I read the ram thread is 7/8-14.
    One guy solved this by installing a RCBS ram prime shell holder adapter in the to of his ram and locked it inplace with a die lock ring.
    EDG

Boolit Mold
    That makes sense. Thanks,
    Bruce

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12