Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Repackbox

Thread: Lanber shotgun - any good?

Boolit Grand Master

Lanber shotgun - any good?

I see some Lanber shotguns for sale, never heard of them, but I don't know
    squat about shotguns. If isn't a Rem 870, Mossberg 500 or Rem 1100 I have
    no idea if it is wonderful or junk.

These are nice looking over-under guns, made in Spain and I have seen several
    reviews online that said nice things about them.

There is a 2087 'Hunter' model that I was thinking might be good for pheasants.
    12 ga, 28" bbls, vent rib, auto ejectors, 3" chambers, with three screw in chokes.

Anybody out there know if these are decent guns, reliable, durable and set
    up right to be easy to hit with? Please excuse my extreme ignorance on all
    things shotgun. I want to have a decent gun to try to improve my skills with
    the scatterguns.

Thanks.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master
    Never heard of that maker, but have seen some nice shotguns from Spain. I personally use a Berretta 20 ga O/U for grouse. That thing is like an extension of my arm. Point and click. Good luck on your search.

Boolit Buddy
    I had the 2097 Sporting Lux for a few years. Great gun for the price. Used mine for field and sporting clays. Many a case of shells went through it and the gun gave no trouble. They are tight in the action as new, but do wear in nice.

It use to give me great pleasure busting clays with the budget gun and giving the guys with their $20K plus guns a run. A top shelf Kemen can miss just as good as the Lanber

Boolit Master
    I've seen Lanbar shotguns, never owned one, but what I've seen was good for the dollar.

I think fit is more important than name but recoil is the only way you can really tell if a stock is right for you.

Hope that makes sense at this hour, LOL!

If you can try shooting one, if not pay attention to how it fits your face in particular where your cheek bone hits the stock.

A sharp "edge" will be uncomfortable in just a few rounds.

Gauge doesn't seem to matter if the stock's not right.

Boolit Man
    Lanber produce mid range guns that are reliable and excellent value.

Heavy and clunky from what I heard, not sure about that though. If you are looking in that price range might want to look at a Yildiz. Decent gun with excellent Turkish Walnut for the price. Rave reviews from everyone I know who had one, light and quick handling, Academy imports them. If you don't have one in your state they pop up on gunbroker now and then. Briley handles the warranty on them and can fix and get parts.

I just sold mine to someone out of state. Switched to shooting 1100's full time.

Boolit Master

I had an employee in the gun shop who ordered one in, he shot trap and sp clays very well and then he inlet some modern type flames used on hot rods to the very plain stock using a clear maple.

The circuit up here in NH called it a PR Peratzzi (spelling) But with respect as he could out shoot the snob Kreigoff shooters. (by the way his barrels never blew up as theirs did) He went on to sell many altered ones through the shop as the RI shooters thought them cool.

I wish I could shoot as well as his Lanbar did for him. They beat the Russian imports by miles.