Load DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingRepackboxLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky

Thread: Contender Easy Open VS. Pre-easy open frames

Boolit Master

Contender Easy Open VS. Pre-easy open frames

How much difference is there between the two; function wise? Where the Pre-Easy open frames that much more difficult to operate? Guess I'm looking for opinions on those shooters who have or currently still use a Pre-Easy open frame. Just wanting a feel to see if a pre-easy open frame comes up for the right price to grab it or hold out for the easy open and a few more dollars...
    thanks
    DWD

Boolit Buddy
    Grab which ever one you can find, I have both and have no preference. There hard to come by in my neck of the woods. I much prefer the older frames to the newer G2 frames, but parts may become scarce as time goes by.

Back in my old handgun silhouette days, I had a blued non-easy open frame. It made many trips back to TC for various reasons. I ended up with the newer 2 piece locking bolt on the 7 TCU barrel which made it easier to open. My main problem was the hammers they used back then. They had a slide bar to operate the hammer safety with a square hole in which it slid. That square hole apparently weakened the spur and it broke off so many times I can't count. I now only own easy open frames with the pivot lever on the hammer and have never had a problem. I'm always on the lookout for another frame and will only buy the easy-open with that newer hammer.

Boolit Master
    I have both.I prefer the easy open frame but I would not pay more for one over the non-easy open frame if the condition was the same.What was said about the hammers is right. I have broke one and they are hard to come by........................Terry