RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyWideners
Titan ReloadingRepackboxInline FabricationLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision

Thread: Phoenix Gun Show - Crossroads of the West

Boolit Master

Phoenix Gun Show - Crossroads of the West

Heading down this morning. $16.00 to get in, ok $32.00 with my girlfriend. Figure I'll walk around with my Smith Corona 03/A3 and see what kind of offers I get. Looking for a nice T/C G2 Contender. Will be 77 degrees there today. Any reports on this weekend show?

$16 just to get in? Holy cow, what does a table rent for? I have a table at the gun show here this weekend and it $30 for two days table rent.
    " A politician is the lowest form of life on earth. A liberal Democrat is the lowest form of politician" George S Patton

The dead don't know they are dead. It only affects those around them.
    It's the same with stupid.

Boolit Master
    I forgot to add - $5.00 to park. So for the 2 of us, $37.00 just to get in the door!

Went Friday - found some gold nuggets in the stream of overpriced stuff.
    Fridays not so crowded - didn't go Saturday as usually way too crowded for my tastes
    I'll head down after walking the dogs and breakfast so 11 or so.
    Oh, and if you go Friday your fee pays for all three days
    - if you go Sunday you pay the same price but just for one day.

$1 off coupon for ya
    http://www.crossroadsgunshows.com/coupon.php
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master

WOW...

Crossroads is the show that comes here.

I about had a fit when they raised the admission to $8!

Have to take a coupon to get $1 off...

And no charge for parking.
    "When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan

Sweetpea - this is a combined Small Arms Review (SAR) and Crossroads of the West.
    je suis charlie

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Banned

32 American dollars?
    I'd just go buy a pound of powder or a thousand primers and not quite make the gun show.
    I never could figure out how paying someone money to go spend money inside a building works.

Boolit Master

Gun show people need to get their heads up.... It's hardly worth going...You can order powder/primer cheaper online and have it shipped to you buy the time you go to the show and pay sales tax, parking and cover. Prices for Guns are way up there at least they are in Orlando....Bud's has em cheaper and new. Flea markets may be a better alternative or your local trader.com

Boolit Buddy

I was a little irritated that on their website they list reloading supplies which were non existent and mostly AR stuff from companies I've never heard of last time we went. Wasn't happy after paying for family to get in and then no reloading, not much in bolt rifles as was looking for a rifle for son. But, I figured that part would be hit or miss. Some of bulk ammo was about all that was okay, since don't see those specific types of ammo in bulk they (one vendor) had on regular market but wouldn't bring whole family again just to buy ammo. Better yet is some of other cheaper fun shows turn out to offer similar deals. I sent them an email asking them to clarify reloading supplies but never heard back. Hahaha, like that was going to happen . Good luck.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    The high cost and parking fee (for a beat-up decades old lot) is why I never go to that show!

banger

Today Parking was off the city lot for $3
    - already paid the admission expense on Friday so today was free today

Found Lyman shell holders for $2 each
    Lubersizer die Lyman $10 each
    Star Lubesizer Die $35 included punch
    J-word .308 125 SP bullets for $40 per 500 or $75 per 1000
    - found some bulk powder CSB1 $108 for 8 lbs. - passed on that
    - they had some other bulk powders for about same price that I passed on.
    - Primers $22.70 per k CCI or Winchester - Federal $26 per K passed on those
    - bulk ammo prices coming down but still not cheap enough for me
    - 22LR still ridiculous $50 per brick Win Wildcat was best I found - $16 per 100 CCI minimag
    $10 for 50 subsonic - don't think so. Thou one vender sold all his 10 cases of .22LR for $60
    to another vender who was reselling theirs for $69

I passed on a Dan Wesson Model 15 Revolver in .357 Mag
    8" Vented shroud for $200.00 (best deal on gun I saw)

Way high prices on military surplus rifles even sporterized ones.
    M1-Garand en-bloc's were asking for $2 each - as were 303 brit stripper's
    I did luck onto someone who sold me 5 at $1 each.
    Only interesting one was a Ishy 2A1 that had been converted to No. 5 carbine he wanted $450
    Did see Jap 6.5 takedown for $2200 - first time in person for me on that - only in books before.
    Hotchkiss MG on tripod sold for 16.5K - saw some interesting other old MG's.

I picked up 3 Gun Digest's for $20 total
    ALL the boolit molds I saw were high - best deal on those was RCBS two cavity for $65
    Last edited by Artful; 12-07-2014 at 07:09 PM.
    je suis charlie

Get used to that kind of attitude from them unless you are a buyer with cash.
    A few years back I had a project in Springfield MA and went to the Springfield Armory a number of times. I emailed the Big Cheese there at SAR three times and one formal letter offering to do an article on the Armory. It isn't like I am a novice or anything - I have had over 100 articles published in the trades in my field.
    Do you think that man even had the decency to say thanks, but no thanks? Nope....not even a response.
    He may be loved by a few in the Class 3 community but his interpersonal skills could use an overhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhammer View Post
    I was a little irritated that on their website they list reloading supplies which were non existent and mostly AR stuff from companies I've never heard of last time we went. Wasn't happy after paying for family to get in and then no reloading, not much in bolt rifles as was looking for a rifle for son. But, I figured that part would be hit or miss. Some of bulk ammo was about all that was okay, since don't see those specific types of ammo in bulk they (one vendor) had on regular market but wouldn't bring whole family again just to buy ammo. Better yet is some of other cheaper fun shows turn out to offer similar deals. I sent them an email asking them to clarify reloading supplies but never heard back. Hahaha, like that was going to happen . Good luck.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master
    Artful. After seeing what you bought it's no wonder that Dhammer couldn't find anything to buy. Well I guess you didn't buy all that stuff but at least you found it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhammer View Post
    I haven't been to a Crossroads show in at least 12 years. The last time I went it was with a friend and my wife. I dropped her off to visit some of the kids, (that's what I should have done). At that time it was 12 dollars or maybe 14 + parking + fuel for a 350 mile round trip. Last time for ever.

Boolit Master
    It was my last time going here. Parking was $8.00. 16.00 to get through gate. Mostly overpriced junk. I'd rather make the gunshop rounds and have lunch out. I used to enjoy this show.

Boolit Master
    $16 just to go in seems mighty steep to me. I just went to a gunshow that meets at the county fairground, this last Saturday. Free parking, $1 off for senior citizen, $1 off for being a veteran. I thought I would be paying $4, but the lady said $3. That was ok with me. Walked around for about two hours, spent some time talking to a vendor, told him I cast my own, he asked about lubing boolits, then I told him about PC, and he was very interested. Hope to run into him again next show. Found a different vendor had quite a few primers for $34.25 per K, new Starline brass, 45-70, 50/$24.95, 45LC, same price. Talked to the lady for a little while, and wished them a good show, and I hope to see them again. This is a relatively small show, only 275 tables, but it was an enjoyable way to spend some time, and a few bucks. You just never know what you're going to find.

Boolit Man
    Thanks for the reality check. I won't bother to go.

Boolit Master

Gun Shows

Quote Originally Posted by CastingFool View Post
    $16 just to go in seems mighty steep to me. I just went to a gunshow that meets at the county fairground, this last Saturday. Free parking, $1 off for senior citizen, $1 off for being a veteran. I thought I would be paying $4, but the lady said $3. That was ok with me. Walked around for about two hours, spent some time talking to a vendor, told him I cast my own, he asked about lubing boolits, then I told him about PC, and he was very interested. Hope to run into him again next show. Found a different vendor had quite a few primers for $34.25 per K, new Starline brass, 45-70, 50/$24.95, 45LC, same price. Talked to the lady for a little while, and wished them a good show, and I hope to see them again. This is a relatively small show, only 275 tables, but it was an enjoyable way to spend some time, and a few bucks. You just never know what you're going to find.
    Up here in northern Arizona, (Showlow) The gun show they have has probably 65 tables. Nice little show. I don't remember who puts it on but I think it's at the Elks club. I really don't pay much attention to what it says on the out side of the building. It could have been the VFW Hall. The last time I went it was $4.00 and a dollar off with a coupon. Free parking. It usually takes about an hour to go through it, but I try to take a couple of hours to get my moneys worth.

Boolit Buddy
    I went on Friday figuring it would be light on the crowds, I relied on my friend telling me they opened at 9am, after driving two hrs, having breakfast nearby (Mel's Diner from the show Alice) we showed up at 8:30 only to find out they didn't open until 11am, sat around for 2hrs and finally got in.
    Got me a very nice M1A stock with all the metal for $30, a Lee .311 double mold in like new condition for $10, my friend found a pair of new in the package Springfield M1A mags for $30, those were just some of the items found worth mentioning, overall the trip allows me to see vendors that hardly make it to my town.
    "People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. You better be careful about who you are picking on...

Boolit Grand Master

I went on Friday and Saturday. Found new CCI primers for $23 a thousand. Bought an early 1891 Argentine Mauser rifle that someone thought they would make a carbine out of it but failed. Cost $80 plus got 50 rounds of surplus ammo for it. Bought plastic cartridge boxes for $.50 for the 50 rounders and $.25 for 100 round pistol boxes.
    Also found new Z-Ray lures for $5.00 for 10. Walmart wanted them to cut their price by half so the guy closed the doors. Walmart is getting them made in China now.
    The price might have been high to get in but this show was worth it due to the large size and variety of things there.