RepackboxReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWideners
RotoMetals2Load DataLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: H&R Production Over

Banned

H&R Production Over

No more H&R production, and possibly no more H&R period.

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/hr-cent...ps-production/

Boolit Buddy

Danmable shame but I have looked at CVA and am impressed. Sorry to see H&R go to the coal dust bin, they have been around for so long.

In Remembrance

"NEF Brand Transition - What does this mean?

Explanation

We will discontinue the use of the New England Firearms brand name on our current firearms but not on firearm parts.
    There will be no product changes. Parts and service for New England Firearms products will continue to be available under the New England Firearm brand name."

The above is right off their website. NEF discontinued not H&R.
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

Banned

Check out the link from Gray Beards. It is over for H&R

In Remembrance

Checked it. Says nothing about quitting production of H&R. Just NEF. Buds is still selling and promoting them as "the largest maker of single shot guns in the world."
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

Boolit Grand Master

Am I missing something in the link? I saw nothing official from the company. Just some people commenting. I guess Marlin production is being cut if I'm to believe what I read.

Banned

wfnt.com"The Gun Smith's Show" reports this morning 12/6/14, that H&R rifles and shotguns ends production. I don't know anything further.
    (They also reported that the recently re-introduced Ruger Red Label Shotguns are ceasing production.)

Looks like Bud's hit all their distributors and bought all they could, get em whilst you can!

Tim

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/i...and+Richardson

"I work at a gun shop a few nights a week and last week I got word from a distributor that H&R was done. Made a few more phone calls and other distributors had the same story. I heard Marlin is taking a big cut in production too, sure is unfortunate."

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/hr-cent...ps-production/

Gray Beards is the ultimate source of info about Handi Rifles. They hit the end of the barrel accessory program right on. The only H&R factory smith is a member there. It makes sense based on the end of the barrel accessory program and the fact the Cerberus is on the block.
    Last edited by jmort; 12-06-2014 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aspangler View Post

Explanation

We will discontinue the use of the New England Firearms brand name on our current firearms but not on firearm parts.
    There will be no product changes. Parts and service for New England Firearms products will continue to be available under the New England Firearm brand name."

The NEF brand was discontinued many years ago. HR1871/Remington aren't real good at updating their website. The above statement from the HR1871 website means nothing regarding the current situation in Ilion, NY.

BB

I knows Buds claims to sell NEF branded rifles and shotguns, but if they do they are at least 8 or 9 years old. NEF Handirifles and pardner shotguns have a serial number starting with the letter "N" and the latest NEF receiver I have seen is from about 2004. The history of the NEF brand is documented on the GBO site in the H&R CF rifle forum in a large sticky thread referred to as the "FAQS".

BB

The barrel accessory program is for fact and for certain over with. The guy on the phone I talked to when ordering parts says he doesn't beleive it will be back ever.

Remington sucks. They have botched up everything they've touched lately.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by NoAngel View Post
    Remington sucks. They have botched up everything they've touched lately.
    You have to wonder what at they perceive the game to be. If you've got a line of cheap, decent quality entry guns like the Pardner/Topper/Handi under your umbrella, why drop it? I've never seriously studied the H&R's, but it doesn't really compete at the other Remington price points.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by aspangler View Post

Explanation

According to the html code
    This was "modified" by Remington Saturday Dec 6. That's today, so its new or updated as of a few hours ago

Boolit Buddy

Just a thought ...H&R is a Remington Company...Remington just announced a closure of it's NY plant and move to Huntsville Alabama.... Maybe they are moving H&R production down south as well

Maybe they'll move down south and get a better quality product made.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by crashguy View Post
    Just a thought ...H&R is a Remington Company...Remington just announced a closure of it's NY plant and move to Huntsville Alabama.... Maybe they are moving H&R production down south as well
    Then we can look forward to H&R is loose its case coloring frames or even the blued frames and barrels and go with that ugly "Express" coating and dull wood. Not that its too much of a step down from now's blueing and pallet wood stocks.
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by crashguy View Post
    Wrong. Remington just laid off 125 workers, mostly as a result of the 700 recall winding down. There are still about 1000 people employed in Ilion.

That's not to say that more layoffs might not occur in the future since the downstate idiots reelected Arrogant Worm Andrew Cuomo.

So now that the firearms shortage is now over all the manufacturers are going out of business?

Boolit Master
    I am afraid that a bust will follow the boom.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by gewehrfreund View Post
    Arrogant Worm Andrew Cuomo.

Lol, Right you are! That is probably the best description short of something that would not be allowed on a family friendly site like this one!

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Lefty Red, I haven't seen a new H&R or NEF with the case color frame since the Gardner plant closed. All the new H&R's around here have a flat black receiver with laminate furniture. Word from many places is that Remmy is now going to replace the trigger assembly of any 700 free if the owner requests it so mebbe those people will be going back to work. My best friend's 700 ADL .243 has a sweet trigger that has never malfunctioned so I don't see him sending it in.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast