Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2Wideners
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Lee Precision
Page 98 of 605 FirstFirst ... 48888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108148198598 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 12087

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Buddy
    I tumble lubed some .452 swc boolits with the first coat of BLL for my 1911 and Blackhawk convertible. Then I loaded up some .452 swc over top of 4.5 grs. of Bullseye for the 1911.

Boolit Buddy
    Cast up 1150ish 38 Cal boolits half wad cutters and half wfn

Quote Originally Posted by montanamike View Post
    Cast up 1150ish 38 Cal boolits half wad cutters and half wfn
    That's a nice combination of boolits. Those are my 2 most accurate projectiles for my guns.

Boolit Man
    Tore down, cleaned and lubed a new to me 336 in 35 Rem, then sized and lubed about 500 .358 SWC for a couple of revolvers. Didn't really load anything but spent all afternoon in the reloading room.
    A bumble bee is considerable faster than a John Deere tractor

Perma-Banned

Loaded a few .38 specials...

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee View Post
    Finished making mods so I could get case feeder to work with 380 ACP on a Dillon 550.
    Attachment 158889Attachment 158890 Attachment 158891
    Good job! Finally found a 380 I enjoy shooting but the tiny cases and bullets give me hand cramps after awhile.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

Loaded 20 rounds of 300 Savage try loads this morning. My RCBS ChargeMaster quit on me so I pressed my RCBS 5-10, Lee scoops and an RCBS trickler into service and all performed admirably...after I figured out how to use them again. Sized 50 boolits for Project Thutty-Thutty, may get them loaded in time for my range trip tomorrow.
    If kitchen-table gunsmithing exploits count around here I removed an ugly scope base from my most recent Marlin acquisition and installed a good Weaver base, Burris Zee-rings and did a redneck bore-sight on a sticky note on the shed out the back door and across the driveway. Hard to say why I convinced myself I needed another thumper (1895 Marlin in 45-70) but I really like it. Handles nice, scope was a good match. Funny thing, I was eyeballing the scope before the rifle showed up. Some things are just meant to be.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

Ran the around 300 of the Lee C225-55 Bator mold bullets that I had powdercoated via the ASBB dry tumble method through the resizer. Looking at them through a magnifying glass, it appears that the pigment is not over the entire bullet, but it looks like the clear part of the powder does cover everything. All in all, they're not pretty.

Decided to cast a few more of these and experiment with a method that that I had occurred to me that I thought *might* work. I heated up a pan of pan lube and then dipped each bullet into the pan lube and set it aside to cool. I then ran these through the Lee push through resizing die. At least they *look* better.

Last edited by NavyVet1959; 01-24-2016 at 04:15 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    Broke out the long unloved 44mag dies and worked up a nice light load for Dad's 1894 Marlin. 250 gr Keith bullet is not ideal but it's the mold he has for now so we used it. Went with 700X , standard CCI primers and no filler. I am going to find a nice RFN around 210gr for him eventually, but these SWCs cycle without a hitch contrary to the usual logic on Keith bullets in leverguns.

Boolit Master
    Loaded 100 gas checked 180gr sil boolits with gas check and 37 165gr pb book it's for my win trapper.

Went down to my new shop to sort things out and clean up a bit. Instead I started loading some .300 Blackout and ended up loading 500 rounds! (Now I just have to get out to the local range and shoot some of them. Maybe on Wednesday ...)
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Quote Originally Posted by TXGunNut View Post
    Good job! Finally found a 380 I enjoy shooting but the tiny cases and bullets give me hand cramps after awhile.
    i have the same problem, also almost cut my left thumb off and no felling in it so hard to hold onto small bullet. I use Lee dies so I can use the Lee bullet feeder. Only thing I have to do is advance it.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Master
    Finished off a run of 9mm on the dillon. Now I can strip it and give it a good cleaning. Did some case prep on the whole 69 223/5.56 brass I have for the new ruger ranch rifle. Cleaned,sized,trimmed and primed 350 22TCM bass. Sorted what molds I have and what I do not use for future sale. Now I am off to fix the wives car again. If I get that done and still feel ok I plan on finishing a run of 45acp on the hornady LnL. Followed by a good cleaning to start the year. What else should one be doing on a rain/freezing rain day? Scope shop? Any day in a reloading room is a good day. Some times I think I enjoy making them as much as I enjoy shooting them. I do not feel I am alone here. Happy reloading.

The forest of single die plastic cases that Lee quick trim dies come in are now a stack of labeled 2 die red plastic cases I picked up from Titan reloading. The single die cases designed to hang on a hook sitting on a shelf kept falling over and took up a lot of shelf space. Now they are in cases which stack and they won't fall over every time I touch anything on the shelf.

Little base chamfering of some cast 312-160 so they will be ready for gas checks.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    Swaged 100-270 grain 44's.
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Cast ~100 357 boolits and about 25 44's.

Boolit Master
    Deprimed about 200 .223 brass and washed them in SS pins.
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

Boolit Master

I tore my Dillon SDB apart to clean, lube, and replace worn parts. It's a 25 year old machine and runs like new again.

Quote Originally Posted by taco650 View Post
    Cast ~100 357 boolits and about 25 44's.
    Made an actual count of my keepers from the above casting session. Both boolits were from Lee molds.

357-158SWCGC: 162 total
    429-240SWCGC: 52 total

Guess that's about double what I originally estimated LOL!

Boolit Buddy
    Loaded 32 .30-06 with NOE 311299 and IMR 4350. Need to load another 133 for a M1 / vintage military match this weekend. Trying to get my nephew, his wife and brother in law involved, so loading ammo for them to shoot too. Nephew shot my M1903 last month, using HXP 71, and got a little beat up doing a 55 round match. First time he had ever been shooting, but he enjoyed it and said he wants to do it again. His brother in law has never shot either, but he watched last month and wants to give it a try too. Cast load should be easier on their shoulders this time.

Tumbled the 110 .30-06 cases from last month's match, along with about 100 .556 cases I got as range pickups last weekend. Twenty somethings shooting their black rifles, then left, leaving all the brass laying on the concrete next to me. Very generous of them. Discovered too much auto wax in with the walnut media fills the cases to the mouth with a solid mass of media that doesn't just shake out. Works fine in straight pistol or rifle cases, bottlenecked cases not a good combination. Spent an hour or so with a pick breaking up the media so I could get it out of the 200+ cases.

Page 98 of 605 FirstFirst ... 48888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108148198598 ... LastLast