RepackboxTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Load Data
Page 91 of 605 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101141191591 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 12085

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Mold
    Hmmmm. That's a good point, I only have the one that it came with, I will have to look into the small one. I am sure it would make it meter better anyway for these small pistol loads. Thanks for the tip OB......

Walked right by, had a 0530 Company breakfast to attend. Well worth it.

Boolit Master

Resized some .30-06 to 7.7x58.

Loaded a round to test, but some neighborhood kids were in the street playing and I didn't want to draw any attention by shooting in my garage. Need to wait until night or school starts back up from the semester break, I guess.

Or wait until New Years Eve...
    Last edited by NavyVet1959; 12-30-2015 at 09:31 AM.

Trying to get my lnl ap set up so I can get to work creating a case feeder and then build a collator. Got the holes drilled, mounted and some of the stuff sorted so it does operations without crushing brass. All in all, a great day for reloading!
    Using Tapatalk

In Remembrance

Loaded 100 rounds of blasting ammo fro the AR.
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

Boolit Master
    Smelted 30lbs of lead pipe gas and water into pretty little ingots.

Boolit Buddy
    The 1/16" drill that came with my hollow pointer broke! Couldn't fit into an RBCS case trimmer so I tried by hand with a drill. can't center it well. So I pulled a few across a file and flattened the tip and tried. Better but not good. Last night I got one of those caps on the end of a kitchen sink. Then I filled it with liquid steel. Today I drilled a hole clear through, 9/64". Comercially I could only get either 1/16 or 1/8" and the shank was to big to fit in my case trimmer. 9/64 fit in just right. Then I got another bit, 5/16" and drilled through the 9/64th hole about 3/4 of the way. Loaded round goes through the 5/16" and stop's at the with the point centered at the 9/64 hole. The trimmer is not long enough to allow a loaded round in But the 32 Long fit great. Put the 32 Long in the trimmer, put my centering guide over it pushed the drill bit into the hole till it stopped at the bullet nose and tightened down the case holder. Set the trimmer to drill as much of the tip as I wanted and turned the handle to cut the hole. Worked like a dream but afraid the epoxy will take a beating before to long so going to fine some 1" steel bar about an inch long and drill it out! Thing really works great.

Boolit Master
    Over the past couple days I converted 104 7mm Rem Mag cases to 6.5mm Rem Mag. Started with 106 cases, only lost two in setting the shoulder back and necking them down.

Those will be dedicated to the 600 Rem that belongs to SWMBO. She hasn't shot it in years, bad shoulders won't handle the recoil with leaving her hurting. She's not about to give it up though and boredom was resting heavy on my shoulders. I ran across a bunch of Federal 7mm brass I had been given a while ago. They really should be fire formed because the shoulders aren't quite "right" but the fit the gun with just a hint more pressure on the bolt handle that what it takes to close it on an empty chamber. Loaded them with 44 gr of Winchester WXR that I got for $0 and some 87 and 100 gr bullets that came in a closeout sale at around a dollar a box so I can afford to waste 100 primers to finish forming them.

Once they are fire formed I'll do a little accuracy work to see just what it likes best. I never have worked for accuracy with it, just fed it the same loads I use in my 600/6.5 RM. 52 grs. of IMR-4350 behind a Sierra 120 spitzer. Those shoot good enough for field work but maybe I can find something better.

Now I just need to work up my courage to run 100 rds. through that lightweight beast. It sure is pleasant to carry, not so much so to shoot long for long strings.
    Literacy should not be considered optional in computer based communication.

Boolit Mold
    I loaded up 100 .38 special with some Hornady XTP's in 125grn. Then another 100 .357's with some 158 grain XTP/FP's. I used HS-6 in both, so I am curious to see how it does since I have loaded mostly titegroup in those loads. I have a 1000 rounds of nice Lapua brass I need to load up, but I am struggling trying to figure out what to do with it since when you shoot 9mm @ a range, the rounds go everywhere. I would really like to retain that nice brass for future reloads. I guess that's why its still sitting there. Its not like shooting a revolver where its easy to retain and manage your brass. Tomorrow I will be working on R/C Airplanes in the shop, I have loaded about 500 rounds over the last week so I think I will get some building done before I have to return to work before the holiday is over!

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    Thanks to seeing some SS pin tumbled brass,earlier this evening I unpacked a brand new Frankfort Arsenal pin tumbler and immediately put 400 .308 brass in it! 2 hours later, WOOOWWW!!!! I have been lost in a cloud of dust so to speak! These beauties are ready for the primer powder bullet combo of choice for sure! Amazing piece of equipment ! Didn't realize how dirty my "clean" brass was! Live and learn! Happy New Year to all !
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Worked on some 5.56 for LOMLs AR...it has a nasty habit that must be fed.

Got my first 10 rds. loaded for my newly acquired .43 Spanish Rem rolling block (Argentine) - Thanks BrassMagnet!!

And worked with my 14yo. son for about an hour or so....he loaded his first 10 7mm-08 rds. for his new Savage he got for Christmas/Birthday. We had it out to the range today...not a bad rifle. Several 3-shot sub-MOA groups...but what seems to be a tendency for it to throw some fliers. Those were brand new brass......now they're neck sized, and we found a sweet spot around 46gr. of 4350 under a 140gr. Sierra Spitzer. Sub .700 for a three shot group. Hoping the chamber formed, neck-sized brass might tighten up the fliers!!
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Mold
    So far today reloaded 100 40 cal. S&W. Got 400 more cleaned/sized/primed.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Budzilla 19 View Post
    Thanks to seeing some SS pin tumbled brass,earlier this evening I unpacked a brand new Frankfort Arsenal pin tumbler and immediately put 400 .308 brass in it! 2 hours later, WOOOWWW!!!! I have been lost in a cloud of dust so to speak! These beauties are ready for the primer powder bullet combo of choice for sure! Amazing piece of equipment ! Didn't realize how dirty my "clean" brass was! Live and learn! Happy New Year to all !
    Wow for sure.. I picked up a second one on black-friday for $110....I never want to be without one....
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." -- Aesop

Found +250lbs of soft lead, cast it into 2lb pucks for easy casting.

I made boxes to store all of my cast bullets in.
    I make the boxes by recycling cereal boxes, cracker boxes, even a Mac & Cheese box can be recycled.
    I have attached a photo of the production area.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bulletbox 1.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by Tinbullet View Post
    I made boxes to store all of my cast bullets in.
    I make the boxes by recycling cereal boxes, cracker boxes, even a Mac & Cheese box can be recycled.
    I have attached a photo of the production area.
    Wow, that is interesting. Are the pinchers holding them until some glue dries? Any pointers you would care to share?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by corbinace View Post
    Wow, that is interesting. Are the pinchers holding them until some glue dries? Any pointers you would care to share?
    I used staples to hold mine together but it is a different design as the rounds lay flat in a double row and the box holds 100 45 acp.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Boolit Master
    Finished setting my new dillon case seperator (Much better than the bucket and sieve method!). Loaded up ~20 rounds of 380 acp for the first time to test out a new pistol.

Banned

Oh yea been sucking up water for a week. With all the rain it appears the old well line and elec. have given way to open a water inlet to the craw space. Which just happened to be the rear wall of the shop!!
    Just enough water to be a PIA!
    Worked on a drop sleeve shirt, punched some 38/357 primers, loaded a few 30-40, sold a can of BH209. And if'in my luck holds out the guy who bid on the W1895 pays up in ten days and I'll be one less safe queen!

Washington State I presume?
    I was hatched at a Army hospital in Washington state back in "51" as pops was in Korea at the time.

As far as the boxes goes I have several different sized templates made up that sort of correspond to the cardboard stock that is available.
    I mark the cardboards and score the fold lines with a ball point pen.
    Then cut fold and glue as required to make the box bottoms and tops.
    I have cut up 1/8" thick board stock to aid in gluing.
    The paper clamps work well on the smaller boxes.
    The bigger boxes may be clamped with Irwin clamps.
    I use regular wood glue because its thicker and easier to apply a thin coat.
    The small boxes are 3 1/2 x 2 1/4" and hold 70 45's up to 120 9MM bullets in two layers (spacers are from scrap also) and 77 30-30 bullets in one layer.
    The larger boxes are 4 x 2 3/4" and hold 108 44's.

That's the general idea.

.Attachment 156932
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bulletbox 4.JPG  
    Last edited by Tinbullet; 01-01-2016 at 11:21 PM.

Page 91 of 605 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101141191591 ... LastLast