RepackboxWidenersSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Load DataReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 9 of 604 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109509 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Tried to load some 223 on my Pro 2000, it worked fine but I am too sick with flu, so back to bed.

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    Quote Originally Posted by trixter View Post
    Tried to load some 223 on my Pro 2000, it worked fine but I am too sick with flu, so back to bed.
    Gee don't you know that the bit of Mercury from the primers and the lead from the boolits makes anyone that is sick better in a few hours!!!
    Keep at it my Lad You will be better in no time!
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Oklahoma and Idaho - and not depending on the weather.
    Weighed bullets, pan lubed about a 150 38-55s, prepped brass with 9 test loads, Sized and seated 50 of those pan lubed and checked throat of Ballard to find it was gonna shave lead off 'grooved sized + 0.0015' bullets. Now pondering what to do about the throat.
    Best Regards,
    John

Boolit Master
    Well, just kind of stood there and looked at all of the stuff I have loaded and wishing I had the time to get to the range and make some empties. Then start to reload and restart the looking again.
    I'm the King of my castle---anytime my wife's not around
    Life NRA member

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
    Thomas Jefferson

LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSIUT OF THOSE WHO TREATEN US

Boolit Grand Master

I just unloaded 1000 "mistakes"! Not mine, though! A friend ask for my cast bullet carbine load, and I guess we had a mis-communication. The load would not function his rifle but I thought it would work mine, so I traded him an equal number of cases. But I found that it would not function my rifle either. My bullet puller would not grip the bullet, so I used the trusty linemans pliers. Now I have 1000 junk coww bullets to add to the stash, a coffee cup of unique and 1000 primed cases for the work. I'm pretty sure these were cast from older coww.

Boolit Master
    And today I found out just how nice the Lee 6 cavity mold is. I had a pile of 9mm boolits in no time!
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Mold
    Cast my first 45-70 bullets tonight. Used the Lee single cavity 405 gr HB single cavity mold.
    The bullets measure .4585 and weight an average of 398 grains. I'm new to the 45-70 and to casting for it.

Yeah, only 24 of 30 passed muster.

Started wet tumbling my brass, wow what a great deal. Been working the 444 and now the 45-70, such a beautiful job it does, almost want to unload the last batch of both and clean the brass...

Boolit Master
    nice boolits Drdarrin! those oughta thump. I would think you could go with a pretty soft alloy for that one.
    And today I found out just how nice the Lee 6 cavity mold is. I had a pile of 9mm boolits in no time!
    Amazing, ain't it?

Boolit Grand Master

Wrapped Christmas presents because it's easier to do on the counter.

Boolit Buddy

Loaded 300 rounds of 38 special last night. Now time to heat up the garage and load another couple hundred.

Boolit Buddy
    Finished sorting my bucket of wheel weights yesterday.

Loaded 50 rounds of 9mm with 4.8 gr of HP38 behind a Lyman 356402 for my 7 year old grand son to shoot next week.

Boolit Grand Master

Cast, sized and lubed some 9mmMak boolits. Wish I had sprung for the six cavity mold!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Built my first PID controller and re-built my RCBS Pro-Melt

My old RCBS pot was leaking like a Lee! I could not take it... RCBS sent me a pot and metering pin, got them installed today and even had the right rivets. Followed up by building my first PID controller. All went well and boy does that hold the lead spot on! I can't believe that it can predict the rise and fall of the melt temp and hold it as well as it does. I will build one that I can use with my sizers next, that way one of us can cast and one can size at the same time.

It was a good day.

Matt

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PID.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	125001

Name:	RCBS Pro.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	125002

Quote Originally Posted by mattw View Post
    My old RCBS pot was leaking like a Lee! I could not take it... RCBS sent me a pot and metering pin, got them installed today and even had the right rivets. Followed up by building my first PID controller. All went well and boy does that hold the lead spot on! I can't believe that it can predict the rise and fall of the melt temp and hold it as well as it does. I will build one that I can use with my sizers next, that way one of us can cast and one can size at the same time.

It was a good day.

Matt

Name:	PID.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	125001

Name:	RCBS Pro.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	125002
    Good job! Its also nice to hear another positive customer service review for RCBS. They sent me parts for my old Junior press a while back FOR FREE! I didn't even think there were parts available because the press was purchased in 1978 or '79.

Was wiring up the PID to your pot difficult?

Boolit Bub
    Yesterday was my "small caliber" reloading day. Made up a box of 380 acp, 38 s & w, and 32 acp. Very rarely shoot these calibers, maybe twice a year. Have three boxes of each now.
    Also loaded up a box of 40 s & w, with heat treated bullets with 22bhn. I shot off a prior box of these under 4.5 grains of Bullseye. Do not let anyone tell you that shooting harder boolits do not make a difference for the 40. Big difference. Greatly improved groups.
    Today, I do nothing. Read and surf.

Boolit Master

Taco, it was very easy to build. I decided not to use an internal terminal strip, the parts all have screw terminals large enough for 2 wires so I used the SSR terminals for power distribution and the 110v outlet on the rear for distribution points. I do have 2 outlets on the rear, both are controlled so I have a spare incase one goes bad. I can make minor wiring changes and set 1 up to be always hot and one to be controlled. I may do that to plug in a hot plate. My RCBS only draws 640 watts of power so a 15 amp circuit has plenty left to give. Including the case and the extra TC I think I have about $64 in the controller, the case was $20 so I could save some there. The connection to the TC on the pot is made with a panel mount type K TC connector set, I would not hard wire it since the will make it tough to use the controller on any other device.

Quote Originally Posted by taco650 View Post
    Good job! Its also nice to hear another positive customer service review for RCBS. They sent me parts for my old Junior press a while back FOR FREE! I didn't even think there were parts available because the press was purchased in 1978 or '79.

Was wiring up the PID to your pot difficult?

Cleaned up and arranged my stuff that's been lying around since summer. Found lot's of stuff I had "lost". Finding some of them was like real Christmas present.

Sized and trimmed 50 pcs .308 cases. Loaded 100 rounds on .357 Mag. Sized and lubed some cast bullets...

Made some "electric work". Nothing fancy, but had to do it to get power to Hornady Auto-Charge.

Oh that was a good day.

Cast up about 800 of the lee 452 200gr swc. Now I'm out of ingots though :-/

Page 9 of 604 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109509 ... LastLast