Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWideners
Snyders JerkyLoad DataTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 65 of 608 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475115165565 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 12142

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Grand Master

Loaded some ladder rounds with 3 boolits for my first 380. Now for some range time with the chronograph.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master

Loaded 20 rounds of 8mm Mauser with NOE 326471 bullets and 22 gr H4198.

Boolit Master

Cleaned and organized so I can reset everything to load 223 for a while. While I had the bench cleared I mounted a Bushnell Elite 3600 scope on my Knight Bighorn.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I muddled through with a new NOE 279-124 and managed to get a feel for what this 1 needs the be happy . Tried out the brand new pot thermometer to discover that my best guess for temperature was pretty darn good using the paper strip method from 8th grade metal shop but that the peak was a little higher than it needs to be , about 50 degrees . I also found my hot plate to be about the same cool. As with me and brand new moulds the 1st 50 saved 4 and the next run of 300-350 netted about 225 . I lubed sized and checked those , ran the forgotten lunch box to school and picked up 3 tires for tomorrow's project a steel backed plywood faced BP bullet trap . Late in the day I fix 100 FC 6.8 Rem to load , I hate crimped primers, fortunately I only have to do it once in 10-15 cycles.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Buddy
    Tried out my old style lee hand primer and primed forty pieces of 223.

Boolit Master

Powder coated some C306-180 that is really 168 grains Signal blue from Smoke. Tomorrow will size to 311 and then load with 10 grains of Unique. That worked great with them lubed and gas checked.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Quote Originally Posted by 62chevy View Post
    Powder coated some C306-180 that is really 168 grains Signal blue from Smoke. Tomorrow will size to 311 and then load with 10 grains of Unique. That worked great with them lubed and gas checked.
    What caliber are you loading them into?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by taco650 View Post
    What caliber are you loading them into?
    Oops 308 Win. For a Savage Axis. That rifle is 7 pounds with a scope so I need to use reduced loads to save the shoulder.

The same boolits lubed with 45/45/10 and aluminum GC had a small recoil but still broke the sound barrier but I don't have a crono so can't say how fast.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Quote Originally Posted by 62chevy View Post
    Oops 308 Win. For a Savage Axis. That rifle is 7 pounds with a scope so I need to use reduced loads to save the shoulder.

The same boolits lubed with 45/45/10 and aluminum GC had a small recoil but still broke the sound barrier but I don't have a crono so can't say how fast.
    I hear you on the reduce load thing. First loads I made with the Lee 309-180R (also coming out at 168gr like yours) for my old Ruger tang-safety 30-06 were so nice to shoot. Not very accurate but easy on the shoulder which made it much more fun!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by taco650 View Post
    I hear you on the reduce load thing. First loads I made with the Lee 309-180R (also coming out at 168gr like yours) for my old Ruger tang-safety 30-06 were so nice to shoot. Not very accurate but easy on the shoulder which made it much more fun!
    Mine tore the red dot out of the target hope the powder coated ones do the same.
    Lead bullets Matter

Loaded some slugs (The Lee "drive key" thingy) and, as always, couple of hundred .357 mags.

Boolit Master

I've been unbolting all my presses and powder measures, etc. Moving stinks.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Quote Originally Posted by EMC45 View Post
    I've been unbolting all my presses and powder measures, etc. Moving stinks.
    When I moved the presses were not the stinky part. Moving the lead was.

Never again, if possible..

Boolit Man
    Loaded 250 rounds of 327 fed mag. Used a 115 gr cast boolit and AA 9 in 50 rounds and Unique in the other 200
    A bumble bee is considerable faster than a John Deere tractor

Boolit Grand Master

Put the new parts I ordered from Dillon on a 550B. Seems like it will run like a champ when I get around to loading w/ it. Have to remove the graphite from the powder bar. I was hoping it smoothed out the operation but the bar really drags and is jerky. Some carb cleaner will take care if it but it can wait until I'm ready to load some rounds.

Attempted to modify an old Lee Autoprime to fill primer tubes. It works but I didn't have the right epoxy to build up around the tube. Had a few sideways primers when doing it freehand. Just need to build it up under the tube and I should be good to go.

Boolit Bub
    Smelted 180 or so lbs of dirty lead into 1 lb ingots, cast 20 of so lbs of that into 400 gr .40 cal rifle bullets, resized and lubed around 100 or so, and loaded them into .40 Shiloh Straight cartridges for my wife to play with in her Rem Rolling Block. a real busy day, now we have to get the time to get ut to the range and shoot - em - up!

Haven't read any of this thread, but yeasterday I set up my Lee Automator and tuned the shellplates I recieved from a member here. Next weekend, I will use it to do some loading and put together the Pro 1000 frames that arrived in box #2 today from the same deal.
    "It is wrong always, everywhere, and for everyone to believe anything on insufficient evidence."
    -W. K. Clifford "The Ethics of Belief"

"They hate you if you're clever, and they despise a fool."
    -John Lennon "A Working Class Hero"

Boolit Bub
    Smelted a couple buckets of WW on a propane fryer. It worked fine, until I got down to the end, and tipped the pot over. Thankfully, I wasn't too close. 12 pounds of molten Pb flowed like a river. It cooled pretty fast, and I peeled it up in one big piece. I had to flux it 4 or 5 times to get all the dirt and grass out. Smelled horrendous, but it made some nice ingots.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris24 View Post
    Smelled horrendous, but made some nice ingots.
    Sounds like a couple of my castin' and shootin' buddies actually.

I finally got a chance to load up a few hundred rounds of a WSF load for my new RCBS 9mm mold. Light loads for Speed Steel matches and practice. Cycles fine in all my nines including the full size 1911s but still soft for recoil in a PM9 or Glock 26.
    RCBS 9mm-124-CN over 3.5 gr of WSF with OAL at 1.055".
    What is best in life?
    1. Crush your enemies
    2. See them driven before you
    3. Hear the lamentations of their women

Boolit Master
    Well I started working on 357 load with a new to me seaco 148 button nose wc and red dot going to try all the variables .seating to crimp groove to start with.