Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxInline Fabrication
Load DataRotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything
Page 6 of 601 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106506 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Grand Master

What did you do in the reloading room today?

Quote Originally Posted by triggerhappy243 View Post
    the blowers I am referring to are pre Forced air A/C blowers. +20 year old furnaces.
    All blowers are forced air. Do you mean natural draft furnaces? Blowers were the same in them as well. 20+ years is the mid nineties which is well after natural draft was being phased out.

Dip lubed the 303 slugs I cast last week. Lube is a home brewed combo of two tubes of RCBS pistol lube, two skinny candles, about 2/3 of a bottle of Lee LLA and about 4oz of moly general purpose axle grease I got at Walmart. It seems to work fine for my purposes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Boolit Mold
    Two days ago I belled and primed 1000 45 auto cases. Not the most fun with a hand primer! Yesterday I nursed my sore hands by casting and powder coating about 400 each of lee 311-93's and lee 309-180's. Now I get to load 'em!

Boolit Grand Master

Starline sent me a box of 327 Federal brass so I bagged that all up and put it away. Also received a package from Titan that contained some die sets and turrets. Put them together and organized the shelf to make a spot for them.

Boolit Buddy
    Loaded up 100 223 soft points

Boolit Master
    My blower unit came out of an older home natural gas furnace. Does not look huge. 7 inches wide and 12 inches in dia.

Boolit Buddy
    Absolutely NOTHING!!! It is hunting season here in Pa and I am doing my best to shoot my first game animal with cast! Keep seeing some, and had my crosshairs on a doe last eve, was slowing my breathing, and steadying the crosshairs, and she moved. It is terribly thick where I hunt as it was logged out 15 years ago. Plus we had 7 inches of fresh snow and it was sticking to the trees, making it difficult to see far. Anyway, wish me luck as I go out again this afternoon!!!

Boolit Buddy
    Today I mounted the four jaw chuck on my lathe and started work on a new set of mold blocks. I also finished making the form tool for cutting the bullet cavities in this:

I recently acquired a large piece of 7075-T6 aluminum that should make for a much more robust mold than the gummy aluminum that Lee uses. My form tool is a copy of their 175 grain .401 TC bullet. While I have the mold in place on the lathe I'm going to go ahead and drill and ream the cavities for HP pins. I finished my blocks to about .400" wider and taller than the Lee blocks. I'm hoping that will eliminate the warping issues that plagued my earlier hollow point conversion project.

Quote Originally Posted by Jevyod View Post
    Absolutely NOTHING!!! It is hunting season here in Pa and I am doing my best to shoot my first game animal with cast! Keep seeing some, and had my crosshairs on a doe last eve, was slowing my breathing, and steadying the crosshairs, and she moved. It is terribly thick where I hunt as it was logged out 15 years ago. Plus we had 7 inches of fresh snow and it was sticking to the trees, making it difficult to see far. Anyway, wish me luck as I go out again this afternoon!!!
    Good luck! I got my first one this year. I was so proud. You will be too.
    I pity the baker,
    I pity the nun

I pity the one
    Who tries to take my gun

Boolit Master
    Been cleaning and "organizing". Now I'll never be able to find anything. Did do some consolidating and stored away some seldom used "stuff" making room for more stuff.....

Boolit Master
    HOPEFULLY I intend to cast some then PC some I cast last time. But you know how the best laid plans go!

Loading some 200gr SWC in 45acp and some 250gr SWC in .44Mag.

Websterz be vary careful with 7075 t-6 when trying to make a mold it's annealing temp is lower than 6061, it is harder also but its hardness comes in the form of zinc which can leach out. some of us casters are bumping up to the homogenizing temp of 842f and the annealing temp of 249f will be reached real quick which will soften it. also it builds aluminum oxide faster than 6061, I am not saying don't try it just be mindful of the properties of it.

Boolit Master
    Today nothing. Various odds and ends the last few days-

Sorted and cleaned a bunch of once fired 45 ACP brass. Cleaned and prepped a bunch of 45-70 brass. Turned the necks on 50 270 W cases. Loaded 5 test rounds of 270 W with Rel 19 and 110gr TSXs. Trimmed the noses of 50 450gr 458 TSXs. Loaded 5 test rounds of 450 Watts with Varget and modified 450gr TSXs. Loaded 10 rounds of 30-06 with 5744 and 314299 cast bullets.

Boolit Master
    nothing today, but will start loading 44 mag in the morning if this rain keeps up.

Just cast up some Lee .44-310 boolits. Not really the gun room, but out in the shop. Finished loading some 120gr Lee 9mm boolits also.
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Boolit Grand Master

Gas checked/sized/lubed about 600 .358's
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    I converted 60 pieces of Federal 30-06 brass to 8x57...... Last batch is in the tumbler now....Then I will anneal the lot and head to the range to blow out the cases to my chamber
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Boolit Grand Master

Nothing! A couple of cast boolits from my reloading room are the reason I've been working to put a nice hog and a spike buck in the freezer tonight.
    My hunting season is over, freezer will be full by the time I'm done tonight. THEN I get to try out some new moulds and do some loading.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

Loaded 200 rounds of 158 grain LSWCs for my Uncle's snub nose 38. Was going to weigh my rifles so I could enter the info in Quickload but I ran out of time.

Page 6 of 601 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106506 ... LastLast