Inline FabricationLee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackbox
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Loaded up a box of .357, sitting for a few years. Not matching primers and a funny mark on all of them. The rod from the RCBS primer may have been flipped the wrong way or maybe too tight. Very strange but trying a light load of Herco to around 1000 with some Lyman round nose 35?242 for 9mm. Sized em down a few weeks back to .358. They sat a few years and were pretty big for some reason Expanded them but were all trimmed

Boolit Mold
    Deburred and chamfer 500 each new starline 45 colt cases.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I cast up about 10 lbs of RCBS 45-250-FN (obsolete mold) and 10 lbs of LEE 452-228-1R using range scrap. Next on the list is the RCBS 44-245-SWC. Then to have a day of sizing soon.

South Central Alaska. on the north gulf coast
    Bought a used XDM 9mm 4.5 like the one I blew up and swooped the springs and things from the dead one including the red dot that rides in dove tail. Went out and sighted it in. All went well.

Tumbling that brass boss...

Washed & dried the media, recharged it, and put a coffee can of .38Specials in there.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Buddy
    Have about 350 pieces of 45 Colt brass sized, expanded and primed. So I Lee lubed about that many Lee 200 gr RNFP bullets to go with them. Tomorrow I will start putting them all together, today will be Christmas with all the kids and grandkids. Merry Christmas to all and God bless

Boolit Master

Looked at empty brass in the room,, 38 Sp, 45 ACP, 30-30, 30-06, 9mm, 8mm, 6.5mm X57 and 55, 308 Win, 300 BO, 7.62X39, Turned off the light and came back upstairs. I am not out of any of those yet. Oh and 223 REM
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Quote Originally Posted by 35 Rem View Post
    I cast up about 10 lbs of RCBS 45-250-FN (obsolete mold) and 10 lbs of LEE 452-228-1R using range scrap. Next on the list is the RCBS 44-245-SWC. Then to have a day of sizing soon.
    35 Rem- I have and like the 45-250-FN in our Blackhawks. Loads nice in the Dillon SDB too. I could live with just 2- .45 Colt molds, that one and the 270SAA!
    hc18flyer

Boolit Mold
    Loaded 100 ea. 357 mag, 158 gr. SWC with aa#9. Had to finish those so I can move on to 45 colt.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

South Central Alaska. on the north gulf coast
    Unloaded about 700 9mm 147 gr I loaded last year when my progressive was brand new. What a dirty job. Had never unloaded before cept for a few hammer jobs. After I blew up my XDM last month I got a collet for my press I went a little crazy stuffing boolits back then not understanding the nuances of the progressive. Now after some thousands of rounds I have enough of a handle on it to trust my work. Anyway how ever you crack it education is expensive.

Boolit Grand Master

Sized and deprimed the 300, 32 acp I shot this morning.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Loaded up a box of 38 spl with the Lee 148 gr DEWC over 3 gr of Promo. Also loaded up a test box of 9mm para with progressive additions of Accurate #5 (I have been looking for a replacement for Unique.) with the Lyman 356402 boolit, I made up loads starting at 5.4 gr up to 6.0 gr in 0.2 gr increments. We'll see how it does in my FEG pistol.

Nowadays, I have been stocking up on the Ginex primers because they seem to be much more sensitive, and eliminate the misfires from light primer strikes.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Master
    Put together a pack of single press, scale, powder dropper, trimmer and reloading book. Going to give it to the neighbor who has been looking to get back into reloading after now that he is on a fixed income and retired. Im starting to see why I am always broke lol. He was looking to buy some stuff off me but I just dont feel right doing that as its what I do help others to get into reloading in my area.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Grand Master

Not in the loading room and not today but over the past week I transferred lead ingots from 10 milk crates to a truck toolbox and about a dozen 50 caliber ammo cans. Its been sitting in the garage floor since our move last year.

Banned

Looked at my reloading area and realized that it was a hopeless endeavor..............why can't I organize anything.............

Boolit Master
    Stepped into my BIL's reloading room. Been mothballed for 4 years. Going to reload for his 6mm and 22 Creedmoor. He's taken my sons and I out coyote hunting for the past 3 nights. Looking forward to opening full cases of primers!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Stuck some Saeco 180 boolits in .357 Mag brass. Comparing HS-6 and Enforcer. Starting charges gave better velocity with HS-6 (3” barrel). I won’t be surprised if max charges also give too velocity to HS-6, although book data says otherwise (longer barrel). Accuracy may go to Enforcer though… we’ll see.

Quote Originally Posted by dondiego View Post
    Looked at my reloading area and realized that it was a hopeless endeavor..............why can't I organize anything.............
    Some famous French chef once said that "nothing good ever came out of an organized kitchen."

Harry Pope produced his wondrous barrels in a shop that looked like a bomb hit it. If he can do that, so can you.
    Cognitive Dissident

While digging around I found 70 9mm 124 gr Golden Saber hp bullets.
    So I’m loading them with Red Dot today.
    My brother and my nephew are coming over to do some gun related stuff today as well.
    Yesterday another nephew, my son and I tore up some old pumpkins. Offhand at 100 yards with the Krag and Winchester 38-55, and offhand at 40 yards with the AK 47.
    A fun time was had by all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    Some famous French chef once said that "nothing good ever came out of an organized kitchen."

Harry Pope produced his wondrous barrels in a shop that looked like a bomb hit it. If he can do that, so can you.
    Thanks for your words of confidence. I can actually assemble some very good ammo in quantity. I have no organizational skills but I get it done somehow.

Page 593 of 604 FirstFirst ... 93493543583584585586587588589590591592593594595596597598599600601602603 ... LastLast